The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

AkaAkuma

Lots of pathetic men in America fantasise about east Asian women because they think they're servile and delicate. This gimp maybe got rejected by one and couldn't handle it?
Bit of a nasty stereotype that shouldnt be aired.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The Guardian says it's an "anti-suicide smock." It can't be used to make a noose, evidently.
Saw that it was called a ‘white killers matter’ vest, worn fashionably by the likes of Kyle Rittenhouse & Dylann Roof in the past (Roof looks quite like this murderer sans the pubic hair on his face).

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Saw that it was called a ‘white killers matter’ vest, worn fashionably by the likes of Kyle Rittenhouse & Dylann Roof in the past (Roof looks quite like this murderer sans the pubic hair on his face).
What's the deal with that? I’ve heard the phrase neck beards before but didn’t realise it was such a literal description. Is that a fashion statement? Who are they copying?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Another fecking idiot who fell for a giant man child’s dangerous rhetoric. RIP to the victims. All too common these days.

Santos J

Potentially, but probably doubtful. It seemed opportunistic as it’s not easy to go from Acworth to Atlanta in rush hour traffic. There are hundreds of parlors north of town in the suburbs, why would he fight intense traffic? Easier to just stay north of town & continue the rampage. The two midtown parlors are very near to the interstate (my ex-fiancée was chef at a restaurant around the corner from there, the exit is very close by) & it seems that the shooter was heading south to begin with. The first location seemed planned, the second & third were opportunistic. He was then caught in central Georgia, over a hundred miles south of Atlanta.

Aaaaand, the social media starts coming out...

The Facebook post isn't real

Cloud7

Sigh. RIP to the victims.

Nothing signals a return to normalcy quite like a mass shooting in America, unfortunately.

Wolverine

Massive presumption with regards to motive coming out but right wing conspiracy theorism in terms of how deranged it is and its steady suppler of mass shooters like this is terrifying. I know there's a bit of a pushback by big tech to do a few things about it but its already spread way too far for this.

Our culture is preoccupied at present by culture-cancelling left wing twitter mobs but this al-Awlaki level of propaganda - albeit towards different things - which has so much reach with so many you wonder how many more of his types are out there and armed.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Massive presumption with regards to motive coming out but right wing conspiracy theorism in terms of how deranged it is and its steady suppler of mass shooters like this is terrifying. I know there's a bit of a pushback by big tech to do a few things about it but its already spread way too far for this.

Our culture is preoccupied at present by culture-cancelling left wing twitter mobs but this al-Awlaki level of propaganda - albeit towards different things - which has so much reach with so many you wonder how many more of his types are out there and armed.
The only slightly reassuring thing is that this seems to be a fairly US-centric phenomenon. With the NZ shooting an exception. And there was that one shit-head who ran some people over outside a mosque in London (I think?).

Really all points towards sensible gun control laws being the most effective way to keep a lid on the madness.

EDIT: Breivik too. Can’t believe I forgot about that turd.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Parler is quite the cesspool right now. A lot of ‘out of my cold dead hands,’ ‘my god-given right’ & ‘Asians (not just Chinese) deserve this & more.’

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The only slightly reassuring thing is that this seems to be a fairly US-centric phenomenon. With the NZ shooting an exception. And there was that one shit-head who ran some people over outside a mosque in London (I think?).

Really all points towards sensible gun control laws being the most effective way to keep a lid on the madness.
If it didn’t happen after Sandy Hook, it won’t happen for a long while.

And nothing of substance happened after Sandy Hook. Or Pulse. Or Santa Fe. Or Parkland. Or El Paso. Or Aurora. Or Vegas. Or Sutherland Springs. Or San Bernardino. Or the Navy Yard. Or Pittsburgh. Or Virginia Beach.

It’s equal parts maddening & sickening.

Last edited:

Zlatattack

This is just exhausting to read. it's like all over the world society is slowly, bit by bit, losing ground to fanatics of various hue.

Wolverine

Yeah Darren Osbourne was the name who ran the van into somebody at Finsbury park.
There are manifestations of it that can be fatal though outside of the US - Jo Cox murder, there was the neo-nazi who wanted to murder labour MP Rosie Cooper with a machete.

MI5 report I think came out saying 30% of "major" terrorist attacks they are foiling are inspired by right wing ideology. A lot of referrals as well to PREVENT for youngsters suspected of right wing radicalism. Now there has been rightly pushback against ISIS/islamist ideology, you won't get Anjum Choudhary, Abu Hamza type of preachers anymore but its been a lot trickier tackling right wing ideology.

Because part of it is sort of mainstream and you don't want to infringe on free speech either.

I don't know how legitimate my worries are, part of it I'll be honest is just concerns by how many upvotes I see some batshit crazy things get on facebook groups. Agreed on the gun control/gun culture part especially in terms of preventing mass-shooter type events inspired by such things but the effect of en-masse propagation. Without wanting to seem like I'm endorsing thought-policing, belief in extremist conspiracy theory -based far right ideology unchecked I think will result in societal consequences outside of just terrorist events even though its more difficult to quantify.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
RIP to all victims to all involved.
And solidarity to anybody who's been a victim of any anti-Asian hate

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Gun control anyone?
Don't you dare politicise the tragic shooting of several Asian Americans in a country where the former president vilified Asians during his term because of a virus originating in China which he himself failed to mitigate the spread of!

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
RIP to the victims.

Really tragic news. The rhetoric spouted by the man child former president is somewhat to blame.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Don't you dare politicise the tragic shooting of several Asian Americans in a country where the former president vilified Asians during his term because of a virus originating in China which he himself failed to mitigate the spread of!
It’s video games’ fault, anyway.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

And nothing of substance happened after Sandy Hook. Or Pulse. Or Santa Fe. Or Parkland. Or El Paso. Or Aurora.

Gun sales get a boost after massacres. America has an extreme fetish with guns.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

And nothing of substance happened after Sandy Hook. Or Pulse. Or Santa Fe. Or Parkland. Or El Paso. Or Aurora.

And what happened ? Gun sales rocketed and conspiracy theorists ,such as Jones, became more mainstream and influential.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

EDIT: Breivik too. Can’t believe I forgot about that turd.
https://www.dw.com/en/germany-synagogue-attacker-sentenced-to-life-in-prison/a-56004932

https://www.dw.com/en/mass-shooting-in-hanau-grief-and-rage-persist-one-year-on/a-56612160

America invites these people into the main stream and happily hands them guns, but it's certainly spilling over the pond and it's dangerous to believe this isn't our problem as well.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
And what happened ? Gun sales rocketed and conspiracy theorists ,such as Jones, became more mainstream and influential.
It’s baffling, especially taking into account public sentiment on gun control immediately after Sandy Hook, yet basically the opposite happened.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
https://www.dw.com/en/germany-synagogue-attacker-sentenced-to-life-in-prison/a-56004932

https://www.dw.com/en/mass-shooting-in-hanau-grief-and-rage-persist-one-year-on/a-56612160

America invites these people into the main stream and happily hands them guns, but it's certainly spilling over the pond and it's dangerous to believe this isn't our problem as well.
Yea, I don't know how to term it. Right winged terrorist? Angry white male? Whatever you want to call it is a massive problem for the Western world.

https://news.sky.com/story/right-wi...ays-uks-top-cop-in-counter-terrorism-12135071

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/terrorism-arrests-uk-white-ethnic-b1812288.html

This is the situation in the UK.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Another terrorist radicalised by the American system. What a backwards nation they have built.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan

True in principle, but 'spilling over the pond' may give a wrong idea. Whatever inspiration some murderers recently took from US Nazis/incels, it's part of a steady stream of deadly neo-Nazi terrorism in Germany since the early 90s.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
When racism is apparent in pretty much every country in the world, what could it possibly be that means these incidents only regularly occur in the USA...