The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I really want to go the US and travel across it. But reading threads like make me think ‘it’s feckin mental there’.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I really want to go the US and travel across it. But reading threads like make me think ‘it’s feckin mental there’.
Realistically I think you would be perfectly fine. Most people here are fantastic, it's only when they get into their group think bubbles that they become monsters.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Realistically I think you would be perfectly fine. Most people here are fantastic, it's only when they get into their group think bubbles that they become monsters.
Yeah I’ll still go. I’m sure it’s a small minority really. My brother went a few years ago and drove across the south, east to west. He said it’s the most amazing place he’s ever been and everyone he met were really nice and welcoming.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Yeah I’ll still go. I’m sure it’s a small minority really. My brother went a few years ago and drove across the south, east to west. He said it’s the most amazing place he’s ever been and everyone he met were really nice and welcoming.
That would be a fun drive. I did LA to Birmingham twice, and with the exception of north Texas/Oklahoma, it is a pretty drive. Amazing food too!

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Only a matter of time…

Serious question for affluent or middle class black people (I'm deliberately excluding other people of colour for now) in America: are you seriously considering emigrating so your kids and grandkids grow up in a safe(r) society?

I don't mean going to California, as that won't change anything that's happening in the US in the next decade. I mean Europe, Canada, Australia?

I predict a public lynching will happen in the US within the next five years. And I mean that in a very sad and fearful sense. :(

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Oh, it's already so much worse than that. Many schools use textbooks which champion the Lost Cause narrative about states' rights. Some of them get pretty close to portraying a mutually beneficial view of slavery.
Wupps. Did not realise that it's that bad already.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I’d imagine @Carolina Red telling the school admin to feck right off if that curriculum was presented to him to teach his kids.

That’s unreal, even more unreal that it’s influenced multiple generations of impressionable young adults.

Carolina Red

Staff
I’d imagine @Carolina Red telling the school admin to feck right off if that curriculum was presented to him to teach his kids.

That’s unreal, even more unreal that it’s influenced multiple generations of impressionable young adults.
I actually created my district’s current Civil War class, so yes, yes I definitely would.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
fecking hell. Using the baby as ambush bait???

Hope the officers and woman make it.
No, the woman (suspect’s ex-girlfriend) died along with the suspect who likely shot himself. Not before trying to ambush 8 more officers that were attempting a rescue of the baby. I’m guessing the woman was already shot/dying before police responded.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Not sure if this goes in here, but yesterday I was in the ATL airport when shit kicked off. Drunk and/or high white (it's an important detail, keep reading) lady started screaming at Delta staff and then proceeded to stand in the middle of the terminal and scream profanity for 5 solid minutes. Delta staff was calm and cool, tried to deescalate and she was asked to stop as there were kids present. Now any normal person would just calm down and let it go. Our Karen? Nope, she walked up to a mom/kid and let lose a string of curse words. She then turned her attention to an elderly woman sitting alone and got in her face. Delta staff finally convinced her to sit down and she was good for 10 min or so. Peace and quiet, right? Nope! She then decided to activate her dual special Karen abilities of being the victim and racism. It began with "this is all politics, you just want to keep white women down" and proceeded to "You people (the all black delta staff) are loving this. This is the only time you people have power over my people". I will give her credit though as the next thing she screamed was "I'll have to go back to Alabama, I hate Alabama, it's a shithole". That was quality. Anyways, back to the story.

Now at this point a crowd is well and truly gathered and she was like Trump with an audience, strutting and preening and cursing like the word feck was the key to mining bitcoin. She turned her eyes back on the elderly lady, at which point a few of us began moving in to intercept. A big old red bearded bubba got there first and told her to sit her ass down. She punched him. He laughed. We all laughed. Realizing the mostly white audience was not on her side (the flights in the area were going to Sioux Falls, Madison, and Minny) she turned her racist gaze on the Delta crew again. Fingers pointing and spittle flying she went after them. They "ran" away. I say "ran" because they all moved quickly past the boarding door, which then flew open as she passed to reveal a Shaq sized Atlanta PD officer who proceeded to cuff her as she screamed a few (we think) N words at him along with "I will hurt you" and "I will cut you". Bad life choice Karen as she was then deposited face first into a monitor to be searched for weapons.

I think it was at this point she realized she had made an oopsy but, being a Karen, she had another use of her victim power and began screaming "record this, record this, this is so wrong, record this". We all laughed. We all were recording. As she was led away about 400 people starting cheering.

America.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not sure if this goes in here, but yesterday I was in the ATL airport when shit kicked off. Drunk and/or high white (it's an important detail, keep reading) lady started screaming at Delta staff and then proceeded to stand in the middle of the terminal and scream profanity for 5 solid minutes. Delta staff was calm and cool, tried to deescalate and she was asked to stop as there were kids present. Now any normal person would just calm down and let it go. Our Karen? Nope, she walked up to a mom/kid and let lose a string of curse words. She then turned her attention to an elderly woman sitting alone and got in her face. Delta staff finally convinced her to sit down and she was good for 10 min or so. Peace and quiet, right? Nope! She then decided to activate her dual special Karen abilities of being the victim and racism. It began with "this is all politics, you just want to keep white women down" and proceeded to "You people (the all black delta staff) are loving this. This is the only time you people have power over my people". I will give her credit though as the next thing she screamed was "I'll have to go back to Alabama, I hate Alabama, it's a shithole". That was quality. Anyways, back to the story.

Now at this point a crowd is well and truly gathered and she was like Trump with an audience, strutting and preening and cursing like the word feck was the key to mining bitcoin. She turned her eyes back on the elderly lady, at which point a few of us began moving in to intercept. A big old red bearded bubba got there first and told her to sit her ass down. She punched him. He laughed. We all laughed. Realizing the mostly white audience was not on her side (the flights in the area were going to Sioux Falls, Madison, and Minny) she turned her racist gaze on the Delta crew again. Fingers pointing and spittle flying she went after them. They "ran" away. I say "ran" because they all moved quickly past the boarding door, which then flew open as she passed to reveal a Shaq sized Atlanta PD officer who proceeded to cuff her as she screamed a few (we think) N words at him along with "I will hurt you" and "I will cut you". Bad life choice Karen as she was then deposited face first into a monitor to be searched for weapons.

I think it was at this point she realized she had made an oopsy but, being a Karen, she had another use of her victim power and began screaming "record this, record this, this is so wrong, record this". We all laughed. We all were recording. As she was led away about 400 people starting cheering.

America.
You got some film? Post that shit!

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Oh, it's already so much worse than that. Many schools use textbooks which champion the Lost Cause narrative about states' rights. Some of them get pretty close to portraying a mutually beneficial view of slavery.
All I know is this isn’t happening in the northeast(NY metro area). No one would stand for it.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
As a history teacher myself in a country that isn’t America, that’s almost hilarious.

It’s no wonder critical race theory is such a contested subject.