The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
At this point? Whatever. I am going to predict what is going to happen:

Day 1: Thoughts and Prayers
Day 2a: Suspect is white - Discussion of mental illness.
Day 2b: Suspect is brown (not Muslim division) - Thug
Day 2c: Suspect is brown (Muslim division) - Terrorist
Day 1-3: Dems: “gun control!”
Day 1-3: Repubs: “now is not the time for politics!”
Day 4: Something else shiny takes over the new cycle
Day 5 - infinity: feck all happens.
It’s like the old Boom / Bust chart for the dippers, it is inevitable.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
In other school madness, this kid is legend. The reason he needs to be amazing is despicable.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
In other school madness, this kid is legend. The reason he needs to be amazing is despicable.

Should have walked up there with a megaphone under his robe & continued on with the speech when he was cut off.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Should have walked up there with a megaphone under his robe & continued on with the speech when he was cut off.
Nah, this was better. The way the laughs morph to silence as everyone gets it and the absurdity sinks in is far better than anything he could do with a megaphone.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Nah, this was better. The way the laughs morph to silence as everyone gets it and the absurdity sinks in is far better than anything he could do with a megaphone.
I would have loved to seen the staff scurry up to the stage to try to stop the speech.

Fred Guttenberg dropping f bombs on MSNBC live right now. Everyone is crying. Even me.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Don’t think I’ve ever disagreed with anything this cat has ever said. Imagine having him as your coach…

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Don’t think I’ve ever disagreed with anything this cat has ever said. Imagine having him as your coach…

Just seen his father was Malcolm Kerr, great great scholar of Middle Eastern politics in the 60s to 80s. Shot dead during the Lebanese civil war on the steps of the American University of Beirut where he worked.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This is an arrest by the sheriff’s department that put out ‘we will kill you if you shoot at our schools.’