The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Posted this in the General CE thread, but it’s more appropriate here.

I just do not see the point in air shows.
When I was a kid, I used to love going to air shows. Walking inside the massive Antonov (rip) was nice. Looking and touching the latest military planes was nice too.

But yeah, its quite dangerous when they start flying the planes over the public, specially like in this case, old ass planes.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
When I was a kid, I used to love going to air shows. Walking inside the massive Antonov (rip) was nice. Looking and touching the latest military planes was nice too.

But yeah, its quite dangerous when they start flying the planes over the public, specially like in this case, old ass planes.
That’s what got me, that the accident could have been right over a commercial area if it was only seconds earlier.

The static planes are always fun. I got to walk around inside the Spruce Goose once. I know the feeling you are relating.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Posted this in the General CE thread, but it’s more appropriate here.

I just do not see the point in air shows.
Not sure who was hosting this air show, perhaps the Dallas NAS? Or a private organization show?

I have been on an AF base committee for an air show. It's straight up for economic (for the community not the base) and recruiting. Each base has to fund the costs of the air show which is high, there is no extra funding from Big AF, and it is forced on the installation commander to do it. Most AF wing commanders hate it, it interrupts our daily operations, funding, and so forth.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not sure who was hosting this air show, perhaps the Dallas NAS? Or a private organization show?

I have been on an AF base committee for an air show. It's straight up for economic (for the community not the base) and recruiting. Each base has to fund the costs of the air show which is high, there is no extra funding from Big AF, and it is forced on the installation commander to do it. Most AF wing commanders hate it, it interrupts our daily operations, funding, and so forth.
Makes sense.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Makes sense.
I should add that the base does gain some economic concession from an air show, through food and beverage sales and merchandising but most of that is to fund non-profit stuff on the base like concerts, group and squadron parties, etc. But there are a ton of commercial vendors on the installation also making significant economic gains.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
fecking Hell… incel culture is fecking insane and so toxic it’s almost unbelievable.
It's p**n coupled with the insane, constant clipped, aggregator accounts of people like Tate, Fresh and Fit telling them it's women's fault their life sucks. It's so toxic, these boymen professing expertise and success to mal-adjusted, unstable kids with little going for them for money. It's gross and only going to get worse.

"Tate destroys feminazi"
"Hot girl gets a reality check from Alpha male"
"Sigma male destroys entitled girl".

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That’s something. But this ‘culture’ that is genuinely radicalising young western men and entwining this hatred and toxicity needs to be taken seriously as hate speech and clamped down on hard.

Its fecking batshit and is evil.
Absolutely. It's completely uncharted territory.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
It's p**n coupled with the insane, constant clipped, aggregator accounts of people like Tate, Fresh and Fit telling them it's women's fault their life sucks. It's so toxic, these boymen professing expertise and success to mal-adjusted, unstable kids with little going for them for money. It's gross and only going to get worse.

"Tate destroys feminazi"
"Hot girl gets a reality check from Alpha male"
"Sigma male destroys entitled girl".
It’s hate speech. Should be treated as such.

It’s purposeful and at this point, designed to radicalise. It’s causing violence and spree killings ffs.

We (the west) have apparently declared wars in the name of ‘stopping terror’ and ‘keeping people safe’, and then we have this garbage brewing and growing in the young men of our own countries.

It’s repulsive and we need to start calling it as it is.

FireballXL5

Did you see at the end there? He was apologising to the court for his behaviour and the judge told him he needed to apologise to the victims. Burn.

Judge has been fantastic.

Drainy

after 2 hours of pretending to be a rebel with a heart of gold that just needs some therapy, he interrupts the judge during the sentencing and gets booted out to the other courtroom again

Drainy

What are the statements?
How do you mean?

The victims and surviving family get the right to express how the crimes impacted them.

As you can imagine it was a lot of stories of the deceased, regrets of not being able to say goodbye, make amends etc. details of injury, surgery and recovery efforts, lots of children talking about their trauma and PTSD etc.