The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
What are the odds one of us on this side of the world wake up to a call that one of our relatives/friends/colleagues have passed? Or are randomly in a mall, school, office, supermarket, bar... And get shot while browsing the Caf?

Anyways, good morning

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Gross. They will do anything to avoid raising wages and working conditions, including advocating for child labour. You just know in certain circles this is going to be greeted as a great idea, too.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Ridiculous that in a state where the death penalty is in place that he escaped from it
Ridiculous that in a civilized nation the death penalty is in place.

edit: never mind all recent and historical evidence proves we’re not civilized, so let the state sanctioned murder flow!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Totally normal in a country where the leading cause of death for children is guns. But hey, at least you get to cosplay John Wick in your mind, right Caf gun owners?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
There are some sick kids in our country, so thankfully they don't have free access to firearms.
I can safely (well, unsafely) say that if I had access to a gun in high school people would've died, including myself. Such was the traumatic experience and hatred/fear/etc that I had for some people, a gun would've massively emboldened me to take revenge. I'm not trying to boast about it because it's a bloody awful thing to think so the fact that it happens so often in America is just so unsurprising. Nowhere near the amount of support and mental health awareness needed to ever be even remotely safe having guns around the place.

Madness as per usua. Thoughts and prayers, onto the next.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Gross. They will do anything to avoid raising wages and working conditions, including advocating for child labour. You just know in certain circles this is going to be greeted as a great idea, too.
Next stop is lowering the age of consent to take out credit/mortgages and taxes. Most likely age of consent too.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Mother is shot dead in front of her children by a stranger after fight in supermarket parking lot

A mother was fatally shot in front of her children after an argument with a stranger in a South Carolina supermarket parking lot on Valentine’s Day.

Alexandria Cress Borys, 26, was loading groceries into her car outside a Kroger in Irmo on Tuesday afternoon when the argument erupted between her and another woman, her husband Tyler Borys told Fox57.

Shortly after the altercation ended, Alexandria was shot in the back while her children, a two-year-old and an infant, sat in the car. The mother was pronounced dead at the scene at around 4pm.

The shooter was later identified by police as 23-year-old Christina Harrison.

Mother is shot dead in front of her children by a stranger after fight in supermarket parking lot (msn.com)

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Mother is shot dead in front of her children by a stranger after fight in supermarket parking lot

A mother was fatally shot in front of her children after an argument with a stranger in a South Carolina supermarket parking lot on Valentine’s Day.

Alexandria Cress Borys, 26, was loading groceries into her car outside a Kroger in Irmo on Tuesday afternoon when the argument erupted between her and another woman, her husband Tyler Borys told Fox57.

Shortly after the altercation ended, Alexandria was shot in the back while her children, a two-year-old and an infant, sat in the car. The mother was pronounced dead at the scene at around 4pm.

The shooter was later identified by police as 23-year-old Christina Harrison.

Mother is shot dead in front of her children by a stranger after fight in supermarket parking lot (msn.com)
Later in the article...

Alexandria’s death came just six days after her younger brother Brandon was fatally shot.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
And still every single gun owner will profess that owning a gun is more important than an innocent life. I mean, the literal slaughter of dozens of children means nothing to these people, so this woman had no chance.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Disturbing story all around. Still played last night & had a career high 41...

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just a side topic. I know that obviously the children are the biggest concern in these school related incidents, but I would be really scared as a teacher in an environment like this
No doubt, especially in the states that allow unrestricted open carry.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
We absolutely choose to live this way. Or maybe I should say that gun owners have chosen for the rest of us to live this way. Their right to own a gun is more important than the right of that reporter, woman, and CHILD to live. It is heartening to know though that this forum has zero gun owners on it. At least I assume there are no gun owners since exactly zero people on here have ever posted to argue why their right to have a gun is more important then the lives of children. This really is a special place.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Good on the students, and not at all shocking from the administrators.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I remember that story when it came out. At the time we were living in WI and had issues with our neighbor re: snow removal so this story freked me out. We settled our issue over a beer and a laugh in the spring, so that was good.

Last edited by a moderator: