The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

RedDevilQuebecois

What a cnut.

Someone should outright tell that thick feck that Canada just pushed $2.8 billion CAD as a compensation for First Nations victims of boarding schools as one step towards the right direction in righting the wrongs. Keeping the AP African American studies course should be a minor task in comparison. If a section of American history had to be whitewashed, I wonder how he would feel if I changed the curriculum so it doesn't say anything about how Italian immigrants like his ancestors were shat on by the system over a few generations.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Plus three kids getting shot & killed today in Des Moines…

Bummer. But hey, at least gun owners get to keep fantasizing their John Wick dreams of protecting their homes from a never happening invasion. This is also the part where gun owners on here and in my real life go silent. Don't be embarrassed, be proud! I'll even buy you a "I Heart Sandy Hook" t-shirt.

RedDevilQuebecois

Since I didn't know where to put this story, I thought I would leave it here at the discretion of the mods (who are probably better placed in finding the most appropriate spot to discuss).

What he will get for a jail sentence will depend on how good the prosecutors are, but I have to say that I wonder if the lack of dissuasive punishments to traitorous behavior in the US keeps on bringing more Americans to betray their country. I have read about John Anthony Walker, Michael Walker, Jerry Whitworth and Robert Hanssen, but I feel that's quite a lot of people spying from positions where you don't want foreign spies in.

Considering that the Rosenbergs got what they deserved in 1953, I still don't understand why the maximum penalty has never been dished for such high-profile cases of espionage within the US government since. What can be a more dissuasive approach against espionage? In the current case, it is possible that the sale of government secrets is directly involved with the deaths of human intelligence sources abroad too.

Last edited:

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

38 now. What’s the record? At this rate they’ll be getting 603 this year.
Que the republican lawmakers and gun lobbyists offering "thoughts and prayers", deflecting the blame onto TV/mental health/immigration/Poor people and then clutching their pearls over how anyone could dare politicizing such a tragedy

It is just guns? No. If i am not mistaken there are countries with more guns per capita, but in those i dont think anyone can buy military grade weapons over counter and if you went strolling around a shopping center with a rifle on your shoulder, the law would interviene

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Christ.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Evolution, men are (were)the providers and in times gone by that provision was provided with the use of violence a lot of the time
It's definitely evolution, but the word providers isn't quite right. Men were the hunters and fighters, yes, but that no more provided for society than the gathering that women traditionally did.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
No, we are functioning exactly as intended. A nation of selfish people, so infatuated by their guns that all of this is fine. They all make me sick.
And so... I've asked this about 5 or so times already I suppose: when is the US introducing a real annual Purge Day to "cure America" and keep it's beloved second amendment?

Surely it's now in my lifetime (and I'm old).

nimic

something nice
Scout
And so... I've asked this about 5 or so times already I suppose: when is the US introducing a real annual Purge Day to "cure America" and keep it's beloved second amendment?

No need, the US is already in a constant low-level state of Purge.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

We already have that Holiday, it's called Everyday.

RedDevilQuebecois

Someone needs to remind DeSantis and Nunez that 1) there was a very long period of time when Italian-Americans like DeSantis were treated like crap and 2) Latin Americans like Nunez still don't earn the same respect as other Americans have. What that administration does is both laughable and insulting when one considers where they come from.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Our dogs are responsible for more shooting deaths than some entire countries have.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

Our dogs are responsible for more shooting deaths than some entire countries have.
Not nearly as tragic but my work colleague's dog burned her house down. He was chewing on a lighter and caused the couch to catch alight. She has CCTV footage of it and all.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Not nearly as tragic but my work colleague's dog burned her house down. He was chewing on a lighter and caused the couch to catch alight. She has CCTV footage of it and all.
That could be a new anti-smoking campaign:

Don't smoke kids or else your dog might burn the house down.