The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

With leadership like this I am shocked that southwest is experiencing an administrative dumpster fire. I mean, what a courageous thing to do by offering to give people bags back for no charge. Ground breaking stuff.

It’s 12:15 and motherfeckers have been shooting off their small dick compensating death tools for a solid 15 min. News flash morons, we all know it’s fecking midnight. feck guns. feck gun owners. Come on gravity, cull some idiots*.

*Not really, but almost.

Got to the emergency room at 530pm with my wife. She’s suffering some bad after effects of getting Covid for the first time.

It is currently 2am and we are still in the waiting room.

Good lord, hope she’s okay.
3am and we’re finally back in a room. Doc that saw her was solid and is actually gonna do something to help alleviate her lingering symptoms. Poor girl hasn’t been able to sleep in a week because she can’t go more than 15 minutes without coughing for 2 minutes.

Got to the emergency room at 530pm with my wife. She’s suffering some bad after effects of getting Covid for the first time.

Goodness that's bad even by UK standards, I hope she is feeling better soon.

Goodness that's bad even by UK standards, I hope she is feeling better soon.
I appreciate it, and yes… my one and only experience with the NHS was with the Newham hospital and my friend was there and back from the emergency room there in about 4 hours.

A family of eight - including five children - have been found shot dead inside a rural home in Enoch City, in the US state of Utah.
Officials did not disclose a motive for the shooting or the exact relationship between the family members.
Police found the bodies on Wednesday while conducting a welfare check at the property.
City manager Rob Dotson said the town of about 8,000 people was in shock.
"This community at this time is hurting. They're feeling loss, they're feeling pain and they have a lot of questions," Mr Dotson said in a video statement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64172722

Hope she’s feeling better. If they did triage her that’s unfortunately how it is. I have a relative who works at Dukes emergency and you have heart patients, broken limbs and want not coming at you so it’s really difficult to get s slot in for something else.

I can offer one life hack — try and go to distant hospitals if possible. I used to go to the emergency sometimes for personal issues and it would take forever. If I got to hospitals in smaller towns they are much faster. Faster than Duke anyway.

I bet he can't wait to show off his God-given-right skills at school soon.

I hadn't heard anything about this mass shooting. Admittedly, I wasn't on my computer all day since it was a holiday, but I'm sure it also has to do with who the victims are.

I was surprised to see that the murderer in the Monterey Park tragedy (who committed suicide as the police were closing in) was an Asian man. I'd immediately assumed that because of the time of year and the fact that it's an area with a majority of Asian Americans, this would have been some kind of racist attack.

He was disarmed at a second dance studio, or else there would have been even more killing.

Has anyone ever tried to explain the gender ratio - only three mass shootings by women in 2022 (though tbf it’s one part where I’m glad they don’t have parity with men)

Has anyone ever tried to explain the gender ratio - only three mass shootings by women in 2022 (though tbf it’s one part where I’m glad they don’t have parity with men)

Men are more violent. I guess there might be further explanations in the ownership of weapons, but in general that'll be it.

Serial killers also skew heavily towards men as well.