The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I might have exaggerated but 14 is still too young to be shooting anyone.
Is there a right age to be shooting people? :)

Both kids apparently had a gun and some arrests to their name already. I'd wager they grew up in a violent environment.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Seems about right for America.
Yay so great for us.
Is there a right age to be shooting people? :)

Both kids apparently had a gun and some arrests to their name already. I'd wager they grew up in a violent environment.
I think people are under the impression that all of America is okay with the gun violence here. We're not. People families are dying and there's a large percentage of the population that are against guns. I've never owned a gun, I'll never encourage anyone to own one. People have to realize there are Americans who are living in fear everyday. It's a very sad state of affairs and at this point the best we can do is move to another country.

MarylandMUFan

I think so much of it is regional as well. I live in Maryland and have never seen anyone openly carrying a gun in public. I drove down to North Carolina a couple of years ago and was shocked when I saw a cashier at a gas station with a gun holstered to her hip. It's not something I ever see in Maryland. I live in a rural part of Maryland where hunting is really popular (I hear the gunshots going off from my house during winter duck hunting season on the water), but it's honestly not something I am worried about.
I never want to live (or even visit) a state like Texas or Florida where that kind of thing is normal.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I think so much of it is regional as well. I live in Maryland and have never seen anyone openly carrying a gun in public. I drove down to North Carolina a couple of years ago and was shocked when I saw a cashier at a gas station with a gun holstered to her hip. It's not something I ever see in Maryland. I live in a rural part of Maryland where hunting is really popular (I hear the gunshots going off from my house during winter duck hunting season on the water), but it's honestly not something I am worried about.
I never want to live (or even visit) a state like Texas or Florida where that kind of thing is normal.

Batshittery at its very finest. What are they afraid of? Or trying to prove? Personally, I would be horrified seeing that in a shop, and I would hate for my kids to see it. I don't care what anyone says, that is not normal and certainly not right.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )

Batshittery at its very finest. What are they afraid of? Or trying to prove? Personally, I would be horrified seeing that in a shop, and I would hate for my kids to see it. I don't care what anyone says, that is not normal and certainly not right.
The best outcome would be for them to just start shooting each other but that's not usually the case. Innocent people who never held a gun die instead.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

They're doing it because they know it winds other people up. Nothing more to it.

MarylandMUFan

This has been going on for years with seemingly little abatement save for stores as big as Target simply closing shop for good.
When I was in San Francisco 2 weeks ago, several stores had a rope line setup with security to only let a certain number of shoppers in the store at a time to prevent this. Almost like getting into a night club.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
When I was in San Francisco 2 weeks ago, several stores had a rope line setup with security to only let a certain number of shoppers in the store at a time to prevent this. Almost like getting into a night club.
And why is this the situation? What happened in SF for this to be the new status quo?

MarylandMUFan

And why is this the situation? What happened in SF for this to be the new status quo?
Not all of the stores are like that, just a few on the main street. It's to prevent large groups of people from going in and robbing the store like you see in the videos. Seems to be working and most of the time there is not a line, the security just lets you in. It's designed to create a smaller access point into the store.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Not all of the stores are like that, just a few on the main street. It's to prevent large groups of people from going in and robbing the store like you see in the videos. Seems to be working and most of the time there is not a line, the security just lets you in. It's designed to create a smaller access point into the store.
Right. But why is this precaution even needed? Why are these flash mob attacks a thing?

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )

His mum bought him the gun, so she should be held partially responsible.
I'm pretty sure this kid didn't wake up one day and decided he wanted to kill someone. He must have shown some signs of violence or acted up. Any kid with behavioral issues shouldn't be given a gun and the mother should definitely take some responsibility.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm pretty sure this kid didn't wake up one day and decided he wanted to kill someone. He must have shown some signs of violence or acted up. Any kid with behavioral issues shouldn't be given a gun and the mother should definitely take some responsibility.
In fairness, you could have stopped at "any kid" shouldn't be given a gun...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Terrifying and sad, in equal measure.

Just fecking prohibit guns. It’s blatantly obvious.
To everyone in the UK, yes.

Watching Gun nuts blather on about "rights" and giving the "good guys" more guns, every time loads of kids are wiped out in another shooting has to be one of the most infuriating and impossible to understand things in the world.

langster

Scout
To everyone in the UK, yes.

Watching Gun nuts blather on about "rights" and giving the "good guys" more guns, every time loads of kids are wiped out in another shooting has to be one of the most infuriating and impossible to understand things in the world.
Especially when their main argument for having them is they need them in case they have to rise up against a corrupt government...... But apparently this government is corrupt and when they did rise up there were no guns to be seen. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

His mum bought him the gun, so she should be held partially responsible.
That smug, tough guy look will be wiped right off his face within hours of being incarcerated. Actually feel a little sorry for the cnut, but not that much.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
In fairness, you could have stopped at "any kid" shouldn't be given a gun...
Absofeckinglutely!
About 7 or 8 years ago we were in Denver and chatting to our Uber driver, we mentioned to him that we’d been to a gun range the day before and we’d found it almost scary how we could walk into this place and be handed a deadly weapon and a load of ammo and just left to our own devices.

He was utterly bemused, saying how there was nothing scary about it and he’d just bought his young daughter (iirc she was less than 10) an AR-15 for her birthday and how perfectly normal that was.

It’s a mental illness.

I left him 5 stars.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
About 7 or 8 years ago we were in Denver and chatting to our Uber driver, we mentioned to him that we’d been to a gun range the day before and we’d found it almost scary how we could walk into this place and be handed a deadly weapon and a load of ammo and just left to our own devices.

He was utterly bemused, saying how there was nothing scary about it and he’d just bought his young daughter (iirc she was less than 10) an AR-15 for her birthday and how perfectly normal that was.

It’s a mental illness.

I left him 5 stars.
Just unreal.

It doesn't bear thinking about getting into an argument, cheesing someone off carrying a gun. Only takes a second for someone to lose their cool.

langster

Scout

It’s a mental illness.

I left him 5 stars.
It's batshit how we have stricter laws for the advertising of tobacco than the US does for guns. While I think about it, they sell guns to kids. They have kids guns that are advertised as kids guns then bought for them by parents or whoever. But you can't buy alcohol unless you are 21? Madness I tell thee.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
That’s one hell of a leap, even more wild when you see the longer clip and realise he must have hurdled the first desk too.

What a nutter, that’s gonna be a lot of years added to his sentence.
Bet he was a linebacker at HS

RedDevilQuebecois

When I see stuff like this, I ask myself why anyone either accused of a very serious crime or who has a history of violent crimes is not at least handcuffed (for both legs and wrists) for the duration of the whole trial.

Speaking of that specific guy, the next time he ends up in a courtroom should see him either in a cage or in a plexiglass box, surrounded by bailiffs.