Music The Best Solo Singers 21st Century

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
These lists get boring when you realise people are thrown in so people post angry comments

Here's my top 5 footballers

1 Graeme le saux
2 Lionel Messi
3 Cristiano Ronaldo
4 Pele
5 Frank Lampard

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Is it based on voice or how good their songs are?

If it's the former then Dimash is missing. That dude is unreal.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Adele, Taylor Swift and Lana top 3 for me.

No one knew who Olivia Rodrigo was 2 years ago, what is she doing on a list like this.

Samid

Sam Smith is like nails on chalkboard. I have no idea why anyone would voluntarily listen to that. The James Corden of music.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
These lists get boring when you realise people are thrown in so people post angry comments

Here's my top 5 footballers

1 Graeme le saux
2 Lionel Messi
3 Cristiano Ronaldo
4 Pele
5 Frank Lampard
Can’t believe you left the footballers Morrissey off the list

Samid

The most criminal thing is that they've probably excluded Drake because they don't consider him a 'singer' but by the same token have included Kendrick. You need to be jailed for life if you consider Kendrick to be a singer and Drake a rapper.

SuperiorXI

The most criminal thing is that they've probably excluded Drake because they don't consider him a 'singer' but by the same token have included Kendrick. You need to be jailed for life if you consider Kendrick to be a singer and Drake a rapper.
Just noticed that. And he's 10th! :lol:

In a century! That's 100 fecking years folks, back to 1923.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
You need to be jailed for life if you consider Kendrick to be a singer and Drake a rapper.
Yeah, you've seen them about, the rap singers? You've seen the rap singers, on the on the Top Of The Pops they have them, don't they? They used to come on there, didn't they? The rappers, the rap singers come on the Top Of The Pops. You've seen them on there, there'd be a young woman singing, and then one of the rappers would come on and they'd talk, and do a little dance.

You've seen them, the rappers, the rap singers on the Top Of The Pops now. They're on the on a lot of the adverts now. They might have a rap singer on one of the adverts. It might be a sausage, or some wool or something, and there'll be a rap about it, about how good the sausage is. You've seen them on the... You've seen them on the Top Of The Pops and on the adverts.

You've seen the rap singers, you've seen them, yeah, you know what I'm talking about, the rap singers, and on the films they have them now. You might see a film in the pictures and James Bond or someone, he might go in one of these nightclubs and there'll be a rapper in there doing a rap. You've seen them, yeah, on the Top of the Pops and in the, in the adverts.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Hang on... Kendrick? :lol:

Also, The Weeknd has some amazing range to his voice and can't make top 20?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

Worth a discussion although imo its very hard to disagree with the list.
Ngl, think that's a fairly solid list with the exception of Harry styles and Taylor swift. My first thoughts were literally Amy Winehouse and Sam Smith.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
It's about quality and sound of voice, rather than the actual music they make. For example lady gaga has undoubtedly an amazing voice but the actual music she makes, more often than not leaves a lot to be desired.

Kendrick is a weird one though.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Not a great list. I would go with:

1. Michael Jackson
2. Charlotte Church
3.4. Adele
5. Paul Dirac
6. Taylor Swift
7. Drake
8. Fitzroy northeasterly wind 4 to 6
8. Feral Williams
10. Kant's Categorical Imperative.
Bonus: 11. I am William

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Compare that list to a similar list that could have been made in the seventies or eighties.
Depressing
Sadly, with auto tune and all the fancy production affects great vocals are less relevant now. But still , that’s more of a famous artists whose voices we like than an authentic list of great vocalists

Woodzy

Call the list solo artists instead and they have more of a point.

To call those the top 20 singers is an insult to people who can actually sing. There are some greats on there but also a lot of nonsense.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
More like the top 20 normie list. It has some great singers sure but those are more like a popularity contest.
Billie Eilish ahead of Rihanna are you kidding me?
Let me guess how it was ranked: the department had 40 people in it and they had a predetermined 25 singers to choose from.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
where’s felicity beaux or the sunbreak kid? where’s girthy flop or raisin pane? how can anyone listen to siphon bidge and not think they can sing? or that bloke from the cramps?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
How is this even a list without The Weeknd? He should be #1 what a fecking terrible omission.
Yeah I don't know much about music and even I know he has one of the best vocal ranges in any singer performing these days. The minute I saw he wasn't in it, I knew this was shite.

Oh and Harry Styles is in it... Dude wasn't even the best singer in One Direction :lol:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Good Lord... Most of the names here arent even Singer.

Singer are people like Whitney Houston, Pavarotti, etc. Even if you dont like their music that's actually singing. Swift is a very talented music writer, performer, pop icon but her singing and voice are good at best

Most of the names on the list are simply showbiz entertainers who can sing a little.