The Double Draft

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yes, you can lose any of picks 2-7 (as Legacy is exempt)
Might be wrong, but I think what he's asking is whether your drafted and DoF appointed players are up for grabs in the auction, as in: people can bid for these players.

And the answer to that is presumably no.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
@harms

Thanks for the reply. So, you can lose your player Luis Suarez Miramontes?

I thought only 7 players were subject to an open auction process.

It's not 7*15=105 the maximal number of possible bids?
See OP...

Yes, you can lose any of picks 2-7 (as Legacy is exempt)

No max limit on team squad.
I believe Downcast thinks that we'll be bidding for the players that were picked in the snake format beforehand, which is surely not true, right? We are bidding for an unpicked players.

Saw the 2m thing but I thought that was a bid step and not an initial amount.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Might be wrong, but I think what he's asking is whether your drafted and DoF appointed players are up for grabs in the auction, as in: people can bid for these players.

And the answer to that is presumably no.
Absolutely. So, we can only bid for players not picked in the 1st stage, which makes sense.

Last edited:

Deleted member 101472

Can one of you give me a simplified version of how the bidding process works ?

harms

Staff
Can one of you give me a simplified version of how the bidding process works ?
12:00 DavidG bids 2 mil for Kuyt
14:30 Joga bids 25 mil for Beara
16:00 Downcast outbids DavidG 4 mil for Kuyt
2:00 DavidG bids 15 mil for Kuyt
2:30 Beara joins the team Joga for 25 mil
6:00 Invictus bids 123 mil for Kuyt
18:00 Kuyt goes to the team Invictus for 123 mil
19:47 Invictus is found dead in a hot tub

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
2:30 Beara joins team Joga for 25 mil
:lol:

Deleted member 101472

:lol: Thank you

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
:lol:

Skizzo

@Edgar Allan Pillow

Hold on a fecking minute here then. We've swapped 3(?) players now based on people complaining about the quality or their ability in a set up. Including one manager who nominated a player, ended up receiving him, then got to switch him for someone else? Feck kind of draft is this?

We have a player who we're forced to start, and as much as I love him, he's known as a "super sub" and that's his reputation. It was even said as such the last draft he appeared in. If people are throwing toys out of their pram over their alleged slight with their nominations, handing out a player who is basically recognized as being only effective off the bench seems a bit shit.

Maybe @Pat_Mustard feels differently, but considering the moaning that's already gone on, I don't think it's an unfair point :)

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

Mazhar13 - 1. M Le Tissier 2. Gento
Joga bonito - 1. Carrick 2. Breitner
Cal? - 1. M Scholl 2. Desailly
harms - 1. Éder Assis 2. Luis Suárez Miramontes
RedTiger/Marty - 1. A di Livio 2. K-H. Schnellinger
Tuppet - 1. B Schneider 2. Gullit
P-Nut - 1. Ince 2. Batistuta
Chesterlestreet - 1. T. Motta 2. L. Thuram
DavidG - 1. Petit. 2. Hugo Sanchez
Sjor - 1. Camoranesi 2. Schweinsteiger
Invictus - 1. O Hargreaves 2. Redondo
Enigma - 1. Ze Roberto
Raees - 1. D Baggio
Skizzo/Pat - 1. Solskjaer
ctp - 1. Ginola
Downcast - 1. Wes Brown

Deleted member 101472

@Edgar Allan Pillow

Hold on a fecking minute here then. We've swapped 3(?) players now based on people complaining about the quality or their ability in a set up. Including one manager who nominated a player, ended up receiving him, then got to switch him for someone else? Feck kind of draft is this?

We have a player who we're forced to start, and as much as I love him, he's known as a "super sub" and that's his reputation. It was even said as such the last draft he appeared in. If people are throwing toys out of their pram over their alleged slight with their nominations, handing out a player who is basically recognized as being only effective off the bench seems a bit shit.

Maybe @Pat_Mustard feels differently, but considering the moaning that's already gone on, I don't think it's an unfair point :)
Solskjaer scored the most famous goal in the clubs history . It's probably worth a vote or two .

Kuyt on the other hand ....

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Invictus - 1. O Hargreaves 2. Redondo
Enigma - 1. Ze Roberto 2. Rivaldo
Raees - 1. D Baggio
Skizzo/Pat - 1. Solskjaer
ctp - 1. Ginola
Downcast - 1. Wes Brown

@Raees

ctp

I wasn't really expecting Redondo to last, but I was getting my hopes up :(

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I wasn't really expecting Redondo to last, but I was getting my hopes up :(
I will submit my player after you so you can leave me your pick if you have to move today :)

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
@Edgar Allan Pillow

You guys sure do bitch a lot considering this barely even started.
:D
Id be happy to swap Camoranesi for Solskjaer if you want, you get the better player but Ole is Ole, totally worth it:drool:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
@Edgar Allan Pillow

Yeah, you'll get no argument from me. However, to make the Legacy picks 100% fair is difficult. And avoiding any level of moaning is impossible - people will moan regardless.

As I said above, looking at the bigger picture there are four players you're simply handed here: And while you may get dealt a poorish hand in the Legacy round, you may very well end up with Beckenbauer and Maradona to make up for it.

As a general remark, what one could do when distributing Legacy players is to make sure there are no potentially controversial ones in the pool. Kuyt, for instance, is such a player - and he was rightly replaced. OGS is a possible case for the reason you mention. But I don't think the voters will insist on regarding him as a super-sub when they know bloody well that you have to start him - it's not a tactical move on your part, nor a result of your drafting skills, it's dumb luck and nothing else. I suppose there's a chance they'll simply ignore this, but then again you could say that voters ignoring premises and arguments is a general danger in these drafts - it could just as easily feck you over in a completely different setting.

harms

Staff
It was even said as such the last draft he appeared in
It was? I don't think that many here will object to him starting, most remember how good he was, starter or sub

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
It would have been funnier having the DoFI pool as random so not position defined. That wayou you could end up with 3 cbs or 3 strikers and have to deal it. Obviously everyone wants to make the best possible team but having to deal with crap situations should definitely be part of a reality draft for me.

Deleted member 101472

So you'd either have one of the greatest front 3, midfield or defence of all time . It's not really a bad situation .

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
So you'd either have one of the greatest front 3, midfield or defence of all time . It's not really a bad situation .
Yeah but you could have already picked a striker then end up with another 3. Team would then be lacking in other areas.

Skizzo

Not asking for Solskjaer to be replaced, just pointing out the farcical aspect of it all as far as complaining about the player you received.

It's a reality draft, by definition, some managers will be at a disadvantage. Someone could lose all their best players through injury etc, and your opponent might not. If everyone is going to be complaining about it already, it's just gonna make the whole process rather tedious.

Anyway, I've said my piece :)

Skizzo

Yeah, you'll get no argument from me. However, to make the Legacy picks 100% fair is difficult. And avoiding any level of moaning is impossible - people will moan regardless.

As I said above, looking at the bigger picture there are four players you're simply handed here: And while you may get dealt a poorish hand in the Legacy round, you may very well end up with Beckenbauer and Maradona to make up for it.

As a general remark, what one could do when distributing Legacy players is to make sure there are no potentially controversial ones in the pool. Kuyt, for instance, is such a player - and he was rightly replaced. OGS is a possible case for the reason you mention. But I don't think the voters will insist on regarding him as a super-sub when they know bloody well that you have to start him - it's not a tactical move on your part, nor a result of your drafting skills, it's dumb luck and nothing else. I suppose there's a chance they'll simply ignore this, but then again you could say that voters ignoring premises and arguments is a general danger in these drafts - it could just as easily feck you over in a completely different setting.
I agree in principal, although signing up for a draft of this nature you should expect a "raw deal". If you're going to moan straight away, why bother playing at all? youcould very easily end up getting distributed the "weakest" players from each pool, then lose your best players in a Tbola round, how much complaining will there be then? :lol:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I agree in principal, although signing up for a draft of this nature you should expect a "raw deal". If you're going to moan straight away, why bother playing at all? youcould very easily end up getting distributed the "weakest" players from each pool, then lose your best players in a Tbola round, how much complaining will there be then? :lol:
It's not on moaning about legacy per se, but in all fairness Kuyt and Malouda are significantly weaker than OGS or Ginola or Ze Roberto. I balanced the pool myself and replaced most of the outliers, these two were the last of the lot.

As such if we play Reality again, I'd do away with DoFI nominations and finalize the pool myself. More balanced that way.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well, I suppose it's like this: If there's any chance of perceiving something as unfair, people will moan.

It's what Edgar touches on above: When the managers do the nominations themselves, there's a chance of getting unbalanced pools (at least that's what many will claim). And unbalanced pools ain't part of the deal – rotten luck, yes, but not unbalanced pools.

And there you have it. Having said that, somebody will always moan – even if they get served a raw deal they signed up for themselves. But, again, unbalanced pools is different – that isn't, strictly speaking, what you sign up for – not in this case anyway.

The pools as they stand now look fine, though – there's one player I would absolutely hate getting, but that's about it.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football