The Double Draft

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Injuries are random. Same player can be stuck multiple times. Blame it on bad luck.

Yes, players 2-8 will be injured.
Very good.

One last point: When do the injuries kick in? Straight away - as in, you have to deal with injuries to anyone bar the legacy/youth players in the first round?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Injuries will be announced before reinforcement drafting. So you can draft replacements accordingly.

For R1, it's just T-bola.
Noted - the reason I ask is that 14 players may seem like overkill if a) you won't suffer injuries in round 1 and b) you get to reinforce with injuries in mind.

Just an observation - I like the 14 man squad thing as such, but I'm not a fan of announcing the injuries before the reinforcement round(s). This means that you don't have to worry too much about having cover for as many positions as possible at any given time (which would be a more realistic worry and more of a challenge). See the thing? If I understand you right, you can simply take note of which players are out, and then bring in a couple of players capable of filling in for them (could even land pure upgrades if you're lucky) - and you can keep doing this all the way to the final.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Not the end if the world getting Ince. Can't believe how low solskjaer is rated by some on here from that pool he is one of the first I would have picked.

Deleted member 101472

Not the end if the world getting Ince. Can't believe how low solskjaer is rated by some on here from that pool he is one of the first I would have picked.
He's known as a supersub, and I would use him as such

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Noted - the reason I ask is that 14 players may seem like overkill if a) you won't suffer injuries in round 1 and b) you get to reinforce with injuries in mind.

Just an observation - I like the 14 man squad thing as such, but I'm not a fan of announcing the injuries before the reinforcement round(s). This means that you don't have to worry too much about having cover for as many positions as possible at any given time (which would be a more realistic worry and more of a challenge). See the thing? If I understand you right, you can simply take note of which players are out, and then bring in a couple of players capable of filling in for them (could even land pure upgrades if you're lucky) - and you can keep doing this all the way to the final.
Well the 14 players is to ensure that opponents have difficulties in guessing your tactics/formation. The 2 players ensure that the teams will not progress linearly with one-to-one upgrades. You can get a CB to replace, but next game original CB will be back and you may need a AM. Challenge will be to adapt and continuously rebuild your team rather than upgrading.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well the 14 players is to ensure that opponents have difficulties in guessing your tactics/formation.
That's a fair point. I like that - makes it possible to buy a handful of roughly similar, quality wise, players in the auction part.

I get the other part too - I just think it would've been a greater/more interesting challenge having to cope with injuries to a set of players you can't do anything about in terms of reinforcements/upgrades (in other words: you have to rely entirely on squad depth, having players you can use in multiple positions, etc.), but then again I suppose it will be tricky enough as it is.

Enigma_87

You know who
Well the 14 players is to ensure that opponents have difficulties in guessing your tactics/formation. The 2 players ensure that the teams will not progress linearly with one-to-one upgrades. You can get a CB to replace, but next game original CB will be back and you may need a AM. Challenge will be to adapt and continuously rebuild your team rather than upgrading.
Will you know in advance who will be unavailable for the next round so you can plan ahead in your reinforcements or afterwards?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I just think it would've been a greater/more interesting challenge having to cope with injuries to a set of players you can't do anything about in terms of reinforcements/upgrades (in other words: you have to rely entirely on squad depth, having players you can use in multiple positions, etc.), but then again I suppose it will be tricky enough as it is.
Fair enough. I actually gave it some thought. Problem is if you get caught in a crunch, Fergie can get away with playing Rooney on the left. Draft world is far more demanding and I even got flak for playing Bobby Charlton as a CM/Left AM though he actually had played those roles earlier in his career. Think we should give it a whirl in a subsequent draft, though!

Will you know in advance who will be unavailable for the next round so you can plan ahead in your reinforcements or afterwards?
Before, so you can plan reinforcements.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
OK, here goes.. DoFI pool is as below:

LEGACY
Wes Brown
Camoranesi
D Baggio
Malouda
O Hargreaves
M Le Tissier
Solskjaer
Carrick
A di Livio
M Scholl
T Motta
Ze Roberto
Ince
Kuyt
B Schneider
Ginola

DEFENDERS
M Sammer
Krol
N Santos
Facchetti
Passarella
Scirea
Vogts
Figueroa
Cafu
Moore
Maldini
Baresi
Nesta
J Kohler
Lahm
Beckenbauer

MIDFIELDERS
M Laudrup
B Charlton
Zidane
Rijkaard
Didi
P R Falcao
Zico
Neeskens
Iniesta
Xavi
Matthaus
Ronaldinho
Maradona
Platini
Bozsik
Keane

FORWARDS
Henry
Romario
Garrincha
Roberto Baggio
Di Stefano
Pele
Puskas
Cruyff
Ged Muller
Cristiano Ronaldo
Messi
Van Basten
Eusebio
Karl H Rummenigge
Best
Ronaldo (Fenomeno)
Huh, so my altered picks didn't get noticed...alright then.

I don't mind, though. The replacements for my choices are still pretty good.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
By the way, the reason I posted so late is because I had a very busy day at work so was unable to get involved today. I'll make my first pick when I get home.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
If the turn of a manager is coming soon, it won't be a bad idea to get used to send EAP in advance his pick in order to speed up the drafting process imho.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
After careful deliberation, Stanley Matthews has been replaced with Kalle Rummenigge in the Forwards list.
But that's it, right? The list below is the final one?

DEFENDERS
M Sammer
Krol
N Santos
Facchetti
Passarella
Scirea
Vogts
Figueroa
Cafu
Moore
Maldini
Baresi
Nesta
J Kohler
Lahm
Beckenbauer

MIDFIELDERS
M Laudrup
B Charlton
Zidane
Rijkaard
Didi
P R Falcao
Zico
Neeskens
Iniesta
Xavi
Matthaus
Ronaldinho
Maradona
Platini
Bozsik
Keane

FORWARDS
Henry
Romario
Garrincha
Roberto Baggio
Di Stefano
Pele
Puskas
Cruyff
Ged Muller
Cristiano Ronaldo
Messi
Van Basten
Eusebio
Karl H Rummenigge
Best
Ronaldo (Fenomeno)
Just want to have it confirmed before settling on a strategy.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
An easy first pick for me. I can't resist picking him.

Mazhar13
- 1. M Le Tissier 2. Gento
Joga bonito - 1. Carrick
Cal? - 1. M Scholl
harms - 1. Malouda
RedTiger/Marty - 1. A di Livio
Tuppet - 1. B Schneider
P-Nut - 1. Ince
Chesterlestreet - 1. T Motta
DavidG - 1. Kuyt
Sjor - 1. Camoranesi
Invictus - 1. O Hargreaves
Enigma - 1. Ze Roberto
Raees - 1. D Baggio
Skizzo/Pat - 1. Solskjaer
ctp - 1. Ginola
Downcast - 1. Wes Brown

@Downcast

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

Mazhar13 - 1. M Le Tissier 2. Gento
Joga bonito - 1. Carrick 2. Breitner
Cal? - 1. M Scholl
harms - 1. Malouda
RedTiger/Marty - 1. A di Livio
Tuppet - 1. B Schneider
P-Nut - 1. Ince
Chesterlestreet - 1. T Motta
DavidG - 1. Kuyt
Sjor - 1. Camoranesi
Invictus - 1. O Hargreaves
Enigma - 1. Ze Roberto
Raees - 1. D Baggio
Skizzo/Pat - 1. Solskjaer
ctp - 1. Ginola
Downcast - 1. Wes Brown

@Cal?

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
i swear that i saw Breitner in the DoFI pool at some point :nervous:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
But that's it, right? The list below is the final one?
I'm just thinking of two more.

Replace DavidG's Legacy pick. Kuyt is a decent legacy player, but his scouser links may well make him rated even less and potentially barely above a sheep. Maybe replace him with Cocu.
Replace Malouda with someone slightly better, say Eder. Makes it a bit more tactically challenging too (that is if harms wants it)

Haven't made up my mind yet.

Deleted member 101472

I'm just thinking of two more.

Replace DavidG's Legacy pick. Kuyt is a decent legacy player, but his scouser links may well make him rated even less and potentially barely above a sheep. Maybe replace him with Cocu.
Replace Malouda with someone slightly better, say Eder. akes it a bit more tactically challenging too Ithat is if harms wants it)

Haven't made up my mind yet.
Please please please !

Deleted member 101472

Don't get your hopes up. Let's see what other think of Cocu or even agreeing for the replacement.

I usually don't change rules after game has started, but in interest of game balance, this may be worth making a exception for.

Either way, it should be clear before your turn.
I'm Open to any fair replacement .

Deleted member 101472

I really don't want to moan and if I need to deal with it I will but he's by far the worst of the legacy picks it's not even close . Major disadvantage for me for any scroll through voters.

Šjor Bepo

I really don't want to moan and if I need to deal with it I will but he's by far the worst of the legacy picks it's not even close . Major disadvantage for me for any scroll through voters.
i would probably moan as much as you if i got fecking Kuyt but he really isnt a bad pick(i cant stand him). He is a workhorse and its much better to have that type of player in legacy category then some creative force who will need to play a much more important role in the team.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
He is a workhorse and its much better to have that type of player in legacy category then some creative force who will need to play a much more important role in the team.
Precisely. Ilove Kuyt in that role, but considering we have Solksjaer, Ince and Ze Roberto and Ginola...I believe it may be worth a replacement.

Cocu? Any other nominations for replacement?

Deleted member 101472

i would probably moan as much as you if i got fecking Kuyt but he really isnt a bad pick(i cant stand him). He is a workhorse and its much better to have that type of player in legacy category then some creative force who will need to play a much more important role in the team.
He looks like the love child of Ian dowie and sloth from the goonies

Šjor Bepo

Precisely. Ilove Kuyt in that role, but considering we have Solksjaer, Ince and Ze Roberto and Ginola...I believe it may be worth a replacement.

Since he hates Kuyt because of looks give him David Bentley.

Deleted member 101472

Since he hates Kuyt because of looks give him David Bentley.
I don't hate him because of his looks haha.

I've just always thought he was stealing a living as a footballer .

But it's more to do with the fact that he's the only Liverpool player and that's a disadvantage to me

Deleted member 101472

I don't hate him because of his looks haha.

I've just always thought he was stealing a living as a footballer .

But it's more to do with the fact that he's the only Liverpool player and that's a disadvantage to me
Ince doesn't count

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Ehh...if Kuyt were to be replaced, then players of a similar level (i.e. not generational greats/very good players in that generation) will need to be replaced. This basically includes Malouda. Everyone else IMO is a fair fit for the legacy level.