The F1 Thread 2011 Season

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
While everyone here worries about Kubica's hand, this precious lady has made a video tribut specially for him:

My stomach still hurts from laughing. :lol:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
She's a maniac, she's just posted another video like that on her profile and there will be more, she basically claims that she's in love with Kubica, thinks he's the sexiest man alive and wants to marry him, oh and she has also obviously learned to dance for him.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm pretty sure any driver in F1 would like to drive for Ferrari, and for him it will almost certainly happen one day, perhaps not in the too distant future depending on how long Massa is kept on by them.

Aside from being crowned champion there's probably not much of a better feeling than winning at Monza in a red car.

pauldyson1uk

I wonder if they could do an emergency race in Qatar? They've got the track and the infrastructure. I just hope more people don't die more then anything.
If it does get Canx and to be honest it is looking more and more likely , I think they will start the new season with the Australian Grand Prix and either reschedule the Bahrain GP or just shorten the season by 1 race.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
GP2 practice session in Bahrain has been called off due to medical crews being deployed elsewhere...

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
MBrundleF1

Bahrain GP2 now cancelled by their motorsport federation. No point second guessing F1GP in such volatile circumstances but doesn't look good

pauldyson1uk

This was on the BBC site

When Spa was cancelled for track issues in 1985 they ran it later in the year, but F1 schedule, comerciality, + TV so much more complex now

The situation in Bahrain is not going to be solved quickly and the GP is in only 3weeks.
If the race goes ahead you can almost certain that there will be some sort of disruption
and that could be the death of driver or the person doing the disruption and nobody wants that.
Maybe the right thing to do is to canx the race.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
One thing is for sure, Bernie will be very reluctant to cancel it outright - he'd lose a lot of money.

pauldyson1uk

One thing is for sure, Bernie will be very reluctant to cancel it outright - he'd lose a lot of money.
you are right , but looking right now what other choice does he really have , is there any space in the calender to reschedule the race?
You cant have a GP being run when people are dying for there right to a democratic government.

phelans shorts

It will probably be postponed with a date TBA for as long as possible, should the trouble die down quite soon after the race is currently scheduled then they will find a date for it.

pauldyson1uk

It will probably be postponed with a date TBA for as long as possible, should the trouble die down quite soon after the race is currently scheduled then they will find a date for it.
This may be the case , but the calender is pretty full will be hard to fit it in else where.
Mind you I see that the Indian GP has been taken off the BBC race calender , maybe they could use those dates.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Like short shorts said, FOM will try their utmost to rearrange it if it comes down to it. There are obviously logistical issues to consider, but the F1 circus tackles them pretty well, I'd be surprised if it's cancelled altogether.

pauldyson1uk

Part of an interview on BBC.

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone has warned the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix in March will be cancelled if unrest in the country continues.
F1 teams are concerned about the event after three people were killed overnight in clashes with police.
Ecclestone said he will make a decision on whether to cancel early next week.
He said: "If things stay as they are today, the answer is no. If it's not quietened down by Wednesday, I think we will have to cancel probably."

Looks like we may have to wait till Australia for the first GP of the season.

Leg-End

Can't see it happening, they will call it off with plenty of time before the first race so they can seek alternatives or more likely organises another test session.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Can't see it happening, they will call it off with plenty of time before the first race so they can seek alternatives or more likely organises another test session.
John booth said there is a good chance we may have to wait until the Melbourne GP because testing is on the 3rd in Bahrain he said the freight had already shipped out and there are things on it they need to run the cars. He said it won't be as easy as just directing the freight somewhere else

Leg-End

True but this is where Bernie earns his money, if they need that stuff elsewhere he will make it happen. At the end of the day they are testing in Spain the next few days, if they know before the last day they are staying there then I don't see how they can have an issue with it being moved or even staying at Barca for another test.

Slim hopes for the season starting at Bahrain though.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
I hope bernie can make something happen, in need my F1 fix

Leg-End

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone remains hopeful the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix in March will go ahead despite unrest in the country.

Three people have been killed and 231 injured during violent anti-government protests held in the region, prompting concerns about the race from F1 teams.

Ecclestone told the BBC: "Our people there say 'it's quiet, no problems'.

"I'm more hopeful today. I hope we don't have to do anything. Let's hope this all blows away."
"Our People", who might they be? Those that might lose out if the GP doesn't go ahead? More people joining the protests too.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's quiet, no problems?

People are burying their dead today ffs. Just when I think he might do the right thing and cancel it early in plenty of time he comes out with a corker like that, what a knob.

Tibs

Could they no just move it to Abu Dhabi - and have two races there this season?

Leg-End

Could they no just move it to Abu Dhabi - and have two races there this season?
They won't have two races at one venue, imagine the outcry from the 18 other venues?

I think if it carries on they will just postpone it until later in the season but even then that will mean a logistics nightmare.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
On a different note; Di Montezemolo is said to be considering taking on the role of the head of Rome's 2020 Olympic Bid.

It's also rumoured that he is awaiting the outcome of Berlusconi’s trial before considering a wider political role.

pauldyson1uk

"Our People", who might they be? Those that might lose out if the GP doesn't go ahead? More people joining the protests too.
I was just about to post the comment.
IMHO I think he is talking bollocks , how can there be a race there in 20 days.
Is it safe for the team crews to set up everything , how safe will it be to get the stuff they need to the track?
What would happen if the race did go ahead and a anti government protester decided to make a statement and some how got on to the track and threw himself under a car during the race , how much death would that cause.
How can the guarantee that safety of the drivers and pit crews , if there own people are dying on the streets
I know I may be going over the top and I want to see the season start ,but at what cost.
I think he should postpone the race now so let everybody get ready for Australia.

Leg-End

Ok I can't take it anymore from the usual forum information avenues, the amount of bellend's that populate them really amazes me. It's like all of a sudden test times are all that matter along with relentlessly pounding around lap after lap, and because team like McLaren or Mercedes arn't doing that they are dooooomed.

It's bollocks, times mean nothing, running time counts ofcourse but teams have set programs and its as much about correlating data between CFD/Wind Tunnels for simulation models as it is doing 200 laps a day.

pauldyson1uk

Ok I can't take it anymore from the usual forum information avenues, the amount of bellend's that populate them really amazes me. It's like all of a sudden test times are all that matter along with relentlessly pounding around lap after lap, and because team like McLaren or Mercedes arn't doing that they are dooooomed.

It's bollocks, times mean nothing, running time counts ofcourse but teams have set programs and its as much about correlating data between CFD/Wind Tunnels for simulation models as it is doing 200 laps a day.
I understood that the test was just to get any bugs out of the cars , nothing to do with speed or times
All teams are on new tyres and new cars.
To be honest I have not taken much interest in the testing that is going on now , it bears nothing to what will happen in the coming season.