The Guardian

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
To be fair, the article on masks is predominantly centred around folk in power like Trump who will receive the best medical care. The second article starts off repeating this from Pence's perspective and then moves on to the reasons why women are less likely to take the vaccine - mainly due to women making up the majority of the anti-max movement and because most vaccine studies don't put a lot of attention into how they affect women.

I know the "Patriarchy" banner and attention grabbing headlines fire up the alarm bells quite quickly but her columns are usually rather good.
And funnily enough, as an adult, I can read things I don't agree with or think are a bit silly, without stopping reading a newspaper that generally has a very good standard of journalism.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
FFS :lol:

Starts off nicely as well.

" Something terrible happened a year ago. It involved my dog, another dog (who was fine, by the way, after a while), and I broke my hand trying to make him stop. What I should have done, apparently, is stick my finger up my dog’s bum hole. You know when you have a trauma, and you replay the moment many times, wishing you’d done things differently? I still get that a lot, entirely focused on Romeo’s butt. I stare at it for hours, full of if-onlys."

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
FFS :lol:

Starts off nicely as well.

" Something terrible happened a year ago. It involved my dog, another dog (who was fine, by the way, after a while), and I broke my hand trying to make him stop. What I should have done, apparently, is stick my finger up my dog’s bum hole. You know when you have a trauma, and you replay the moment many times, wishing you’d done things differently? I still get that a lot, entirely focused on Romeo’s butt. I stare at it for hours, full of if-onlys."
'Why didn't I stick my finger up Romeo's butthole?' is a good alternate headline.

Jippy

Staff

Jippy

Staff
Last edited:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Made me eyeroll but in fairness I think it's tongue in cheek.

You still, 14 years after the fact, spend a great deal of time wondering if David Chase’s editing decisions in Made in America contained a hidden meaning about the fate of Tony Soprano. You agonise over motivation of character choices in The Wire. You’re so used to overthinking TV that you recently arrived at a grand unified theory about the logistics of policing on Paw Patrol.

Sweet Square

Made me eyeroll but in fairness I think it's tongue in cheek.

You still, 14 years after the fact, spend a great deal of time wondering if David Chase’s editing decisions in Made in America contained a hidden meaning about the fate of Tony Soprano. You agonise over motivation of character choices in The Wire. You’re so used to overthinking TV that you recently arrived at a grand unified theory about the logistics of policing on Paw Patrol.
Tbh I didn't really think he was willingly to sacrifice his brain for a love of television although that would have the article a far better read.

I do hate these types of articles though. Reading gives me a emptiness feeling as they are so incredibly dull and bland. It's something about the style of humour which is a mix of whimsy, tongue in cheek self awareness, self righteousness, contrarianism and really shite references which is really off putting. It's reminds of people who are really uncomfortable with being health and mentally ok, they always need to come with some issue to make themselves feel more interesting like how they have OCD because their toothbrush has to face a certain way.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Bruno Fernandes: 50 goals in 18 months
Zoe Williams: 50 humiliations in 6 months

Why do my children find me so annoying? I fear it is nothing to do with lockdown
Zoe Williams

My kids are at war over how often to wash. The only thing they agree on? I’m disgusting
Zoe Williams

Who is to blame for the sweltering weather? My kids say it’s boomers – and me
Zoe Williams

My kids won’t even pick up a book – and it is definitely all my fault
Zoe Williams

I used to tut at people who need glasses to read a menu. Then I joined them …
Zoe Williams
I don’t like to boast – but even my blood is special
Zoe Williams
I used to think hay fever didn’t really exist. I know much better now
Zoe Williams

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Bruno Fernandes: 50 goals in 18 months
Zoe Williams: 50 humiliations in 6 months

Why do my children find me so annoying? I fear it is nothing to do with lockdown
Zoe Williams

My kids are at war over how often to wash. The only thing they agree on? I’m disgusting
Zoe Williams

Who is to blame for the sweltering weather? My kids say it’s boomers – and me
Zoe Williams

My kids won’t even pick up a book – and it is definitely all my fault
Zoe Williams

I used to tut at people who need glasses to read a menu. Then I joined them …
Zoe Williams
I don’t like to boast – but even my blood is special
Zoe Williams
I used to think hay fever didn’t really exist. I know much better now
Zoe Williams
Undeniably brilliant at what she does. Bet she gets more clicks than the genuinely brilliant Marina Hyde.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Tbh I didn't really think he was willingly to sacrifice his brain for a love of television although that would have the article a far better read.

I do hate these types of articles though. Reading gives me a emptiness feeling as they are so incredibly dull and bland. It's something about the style of humour which is a mix of whimsy, tongue in cheek self awareness, self righteousness, contrarianism and really shite references which is really off putting. It's reminds of people who are really uncomfortable with being health and mentally ok, they always need to come with some issue to make themselves feel more interesting like how they have OCD because their toothbrush has to face a certain way.
I get you. It's like come on Stuart - either big up the brilliance of Paw Patrol or accept you've got shit taste and turn your life around.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.