The John Murtough Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teja

Having been part of a couple of dysfunctional organizations in my life, I think Murtough will have his work cut out for him. In my experience, the whole culture of such organizations would be about ass-covering, layers of bureaucracy, empire building, political backstabbing, front line workers not being empowered to do what's right etc.

You know it when you see it, but I haven't seen anyone successfully fix one of these organizations. Outside consultants come in, they enrich themselves for a bit, VCs come in, dump some money, try to get some of their guys in etc.

I'd compare it to creatures of the sea feeding on the carcass of a whale.

TheReligion

Abusive
Having been part of a couple of dysfunctional organizations in my life, I think Murtough will have his work cut out for him. In my experience, the whole culture of such organizations would be about ass-covering, layers of bureaucracy, empire building, political backstabbing, front line workers not being empowered to do what's right etc.

You know it when you see it, but I haven't seen anyone successfully fix one of these organizations. Outside consultants come in, they enrich themselves for a bit, VCs come in, dump some money, try to get some of their guys in etc.

I'd compare it to creatures of the sea feeding on the carcass of a whale.
What do you suggest they do differently?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Would you kindly list their experience and successes in the very role they had been hired in? Thanks
It says quite clearly about the experience with the PL Elite Development team and also there are very likely multiple aspects about the careers of all of these people that you, nor I have any knowledge about but we both know you'll say that's nothing and refer to him as a fitness coach again so let's just leave it shall we.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It says quite clearly about the experience with the PL Elite Development team and also there are very likely multiple aspects about the careers of all of these people that you, nor I have any knowledge about but we both know you'll say that's nothing and refer to him as a fitness coach again so let's just leave it shall we.
What is the PL Elite development BS all about really. What do they do? What trophies they won, what signings did they made and what experience do they have at club level? What is his actually experience as a DOF? Is it the same Fletcher has a technical director or Murtough as a DOF?

devilish

How do people ever get a chance at promotion in your eyes? If they have to have shed loads of experience prior
I have nothing against giving people a chance when the structure is in place and working well and we've got experienced people who can tutor the new guys to greatness. We know we don't have that. What we've got is a mess with most of the people getting on the job training. You'd expect United would learn something after allowing the failed Cardiff manager to throw 400m+ in the bin.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What is the PL Elite development BS all about really. What do they do? What trophies they won and what signings did they made? What is his actually experience as a DOF? Is it the same Fletcher has a technical director or Murtough as a DOF?
Why are you asking me?

devilish

Why are you asking me?
Because you seem to defend this appointment.

Here is some information about his role with Liverpool

https://trainingground.guru/articles/exclusive-liverpools-oboyle-joins-premier-league

He acted up as head of fitness and conditioning for four months last year following the sudden departure of Ryland Morgans. However, manager Jurgen Klopp opted to bring in Andreas Kommayer from Bayern Munich to take the job on a permanent basis in July, meaning O’Boyle had to drop back down to his old position.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Because you seem to defend this appointment.

Here is some information about his role with Liverpool

https://trainingground.guru/articles/exclusive-liverpools-oboyle-joins-premier-league

He acted up as head of fitness and conditioning for four months last year following the sudden departure of Ryland Morgans. However, manager Jurgen Klopp opted to bring in Andreas Kommayer from Bayern Munich to take the job on a permanent basis in July, meaning O’Boyle had to drop back down to his old position.
I merely stated that you were taking a very surface level look at his career and focusing on a Liverpool stint instead of a 5 year post at the PL which you've admitted you do not know anything about either positive or negative.

devilish

I merely stated that you were taking a very surface level look at his career and focusing on a Liverpool stint instead of a 5 year post at the PL which you've admitted you do not know anything about either positive or negative.
I mentioned the Liverpool stint because that's the apex of his career. The guy was head of fitness and conditioning for four months up until Klopp sent him back to his place following the appointment of Andreas Kommayer from Bayern Munich. The rest is pretty underwhelming. He was Under-21 physical performance coach, a head of elite performance for the English Premier league whatever that means, he was Head of Sports Science at Coventry City and the FA Under-21 physical performance coach. Ah I almost forgot he was also Head of Performance at British Ski and Snowboard as well. Serious business indeed

RkkMan

Before people render O'Boyle a failure or judge him for what he has or hasn't "won" read this
Before people render him a failure or judge him on what he either has or hasn't "won" read this

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I mentioned the Liverpool stint because that's the apex of his career. The guy was head of fitness and conditioning for four months up until Klopp sent him back to his place following the appointment of Andreas Kommayer from Bayern Munich. The rest is pretty underwhelming. He was Under-21 physical performance coach, a head of elite performance for the English Premier league whatever that means, he was Head of Sports Science at Coventry City and the FA Under-21 physical performance coach. Ah I almost forgot he was also Head of Performance at British Ski and Snowboard as well.
Why don't you find that out too then?

devilish

Standard of English players has definitely gone up. We've made a wonderful appointment here. Devilish will be delighted.
Did they? I remember an England national team with Scholes, Beckham, Rio and Shearer in it. Now they have Grealish, Rashford, Maguire and Kane in it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Did they? I remember an England national team with Scholes, Beckham, Rio and Shearer in it. Now they have Grealish, Rashford, Maguire and Kane in it.
And they've reached finals.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Txiki and Pep were given the roles of Sporting director and head coach at Barcelona due to them being former players. Txiki was made Sporting director at Barcelona when he was a commentator for Catalunya TV.

devilish

Made a euro final and the youth teams have been winning competitions so…
You mean the one England got hammered at home by a national team who couldn't even make it to the WC?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Txiki and Pep were given the roles of Sporting director and head coach at Barcelona due to them being former players. Txiki was made Sporting director at Barcelona when he was a commentator for Catalunya TV.
Devilish's Spanish equivalent was very mad about it at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.