The John Murtough Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Can't the Glazers see that they have appointed useless people in the most important roles? Can't they see it would cost them at the end?

Yakuza_devils

I remember there are posters writing essays telling the whole world how great Murtough is as DOF. I was almost being convinced by them. There are still 1 or 2 idiots left.

The way we conducted our business this season tell you all you need to know about Murtough's ability to bring us back to world class status. Not forgetting, Ole and Rangnick's fiasco under him too.

Good DOF come in the club and straightaway make the difference. Here, we always need more time. More time for what? Learning on the job?

Yakuza_devils

Arnold, Murtough and Fletcher all have CEO or director roles at club the size of Man Utd and should be getting paid millions a year. These are lucky feckers promoted to this big wages position through their mentor Ed with no results to show. At any other big club, they will be kicked out of the door in no time. Frauds.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Arnold, Murtough and Fletcher all have CEO or director roles at club the size of Man Utd and should be getting paid millions a year. These are lucky feckers promoted to this big wages position through their mentor Ed with no results to show. At any other big club, they will be kicked out of the door in no time. Frauds.
Don't worry we'll have another line of unqualified people we can hand the roles and rebrand as a revolution soon enough. Maybe we'll get top 4 the odd season to paper over the cracks but this club is absolutely rotten and it flows from the top

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I remember there are posters writing essays telling the whole world how great Murtough is as DOF. I was almost being convinced by them. There are still 1 or 2 idiots left.

The way we conducted our business this season tell you all you need to know about Murtough's ability to bring us back to world class status. Not forgetting, Ole and Rangnick's fiasco under him too.

Good DOF come in the club and straightaway make the difference. Here, we always need more time. More time for what? Learning on the job?
Hiding today, not a single post today but gonna come out soon. People forget bad days quickly.

redcucumber

United is a scaredy cat club. No boldness, no bravery, no vision. It's the same shit, over and over again. We act like we're scared of our own shadow. There's no accountability, just the assumption that things will work out in our favour eventually, because why wouldn't they. It's sheer entitlement.

The only consistent theme is the ownership. Fergie was able to mask the biggest of red flags like selling Ronaldo for £80m in 2009 and replacing him with Michael Owen and Valencia from Wigan because he was a total one off. Without Fergie, they don't have a fecking clue what to do.

hobbers

Shearer made the point about leaking news of the Arnautovic bid to test the waters and he's probably right.

Murtough takes his cues from social media. That's why he gave ETH the job. That's why he pulled out of the Arnaoutovich deal.

He's a fecking fraud who wants his ego stroked, same as Woodward. He'll do whatever the most popular option is perceived to be at the time. He cant think for himself.

amolbhatia50k

Bingo. And we needed a major overhaul before they left.

The Glazers are not interested in a revolution. They act out of necessity when their cash cow is in threat of not being as fruitful as they need. They thought a squad that finished 2nd could get top4 with a little tweaking

Anyway it doesn't matter. Even when we spend we have incompetence at the top to ensure it is wasted.

redcucumber

Shearer made the point about leaking news of the Arnautovic bid to test the waters and he's probably right.

Murtough takes his cues from social media. That's why he gave ETH the job. That's why he pulled out of the Arnaoutovich deal.

He's a fecking fraud who wants his ego stroked, same as Woodward. He'll do whatever the most popular option is perceived to be at the time. He cant think for himself.
This definitely seems to be the case. It's a way of avoiding doing the actual work necessary, because doing the actual work is something United never want to do or are capable of doing. Internal hiring, promotions for promotions sake, new titles and positions with vague frameworks of accountability. We're an old decrepit agency bereft of intuitive thinking. And the annoying thing is, we're all watching this car crash happen and can see why it is happening, yet the club can't. It's incredible incompetence on the most public scale practically possible. It's horrifying.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Adnan could do a better job of writing John's cv than he could, all bollocks mind
If I remember well he also had some warm words for Woodward as well. At least he rated him more then he rated Gill.

gorky_utd

He's a fecking fraud who wants his ego stroked, same as Woodward
. He'll do whatever the most popular option is perceived to be at the time. He cant think for himself.
Wasn't he pictured in Turin trying to negotiate rabiot deal? He certainly is another fraud who loves attention and media spin.

amolbhatia50k

At least the Murtough and Fletcher combination are being shown up for the incompetent pair that they are. But we've probably got another 5 years until we have a new batch of nobodies to promote from within.

Let's see which great signings they give ETH to use to pretend things are great.

These people are not befitting of a club of this size. That we are in this position shifting about wondering who to sign when we need another 4-5 additions, is sad.

Red_toad

When's he booking a table at his local for another chat with a small fan group? Much like the owners has not followed up on his empty promises.

vva

If John Murtough has a little of high-level football IQ, he should stand firmly not to give a new contract to any of players who will run out of contract in June 2023. He might trigger 1 year contract extension (included in the current contract) if it's necessary, but I expect most of them need leave the club even free at the end of this season. De Gea, Heaton, Phil Jones, Shaw, Fred, Rashford, Tuanzebe, Chong and Dalot who runs out of contract in June 2023 are not worth to be part of rebuild. The sad part is the like of Lindelof, Baily, Wanbissaka, Williams are contracted until 2024. Even worse that Mctominay and Mcguire are contracted until 2025. If ETH can survive until the end of this season, and dare enough to release those players. Next season would be interesting for rebuild but in fact we're still hopeless with the capability of transfer activities, contract negotiation and player scouting that John Murtough has lead us so far. You can easily see what great DOF has done by the likes of Edu, Paratici, Campos. John Murtough is a lot of levels below those guys.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'd be handing him his P60 on Monday morning... actually, sod that: I'd email it to him today

Yakuza_devils

At least the Murtough and Fletcher combination are being shown up for the incompetent pair that they are. But we've probably got another 5 years until we have a new batch of nobodies to promote from within.

Let's see which great signings they give ETH to use to pretend things are great.

These people are not befitting of a club of this size. That we are in this position shifting about wondering who to sign when we need another 4-5 additions, is sad.
Please don't forget Arnold. He is just hiding behind pretending delegating football side to them. A competent CEO need to appoint the right people with experience and track records.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Please don't forget Arnold. He is just hiding behind pretending delegating football side to them. A competent CEO need to appoint the right people with experience and track records.
ahh but don't forget the wonderful news that they've "improved" our social media media output... this morning I see there's a clip of a goal Rashford scored against Brentford last season...

Last edited:

stoinz

Can't the Glazers see that they have appointed useless people in the most important roles? Can't they see it would cost them at the end?
If they have eyes they would have seen. Like RR said, you don't need glasses to see where the problems are. Only conclusion I can come to is, they don't care, just kick the can down the road, milk as much then when it is no longer sustainable then sell the club. They have absolutely nothing to lose by not caring.

Ludens the Red

Not even sure it needed that much money. We’re never smart enough with our transfers. We should have been looking at what PSG, Barca and Juve have done recently to avoid having to splash out transfer fees on so many and instead looked at free agents to boost the squad. This isn’t like 10-15 years ago where players on the free are old and washed up. Some really good players are running their contracts down every season. We should have been identifying that months ago and then started the groundwork with agents and players . But they sat their doing literally nothing. This clubs repeated failure to adequately utilise the free agent, loan and lower league market is a sign of not keeping up with the market because they’re too many fecking wankers in prominent positions who know nothing about football.

PoTMS

I remember how obnoxious the top reds were earlier on in the summer when we hadn't signed anyone calling everyone moaners and spoilt if they even dared to question if there was any actual change from the Woodward era. That turned out well.

Laurencio

Not even sure it needed that much money. We’re never smart enough with our transfers. We should have been looking at what PSG, Barca and Juve have done recently to avoid having to splash out transfer fees on so many and instead looked at free agents to boost the squad. This isn’t like 10-15 years ago where players on the free are old and washed up. Some really good players are running their contracts down every season. We should have been identifying that months ago and then started the groundwork with agents and players . But they sat their doing literally nothing. This clubs repeated failure to adequately utilise the free agent, loan and lower league market is a sign of not keeping up with the market because they’re too many fecking wankers in prominent positions who know nothing about football.
Turns out that sacking your entire recruitment team and lead negotiator without replacing any of them was a very bad idea. Who knew.

Telsim

Why is this clown still employed? He should have been sacked at half time yesterday.

luke511

Him renewing Mike Phelan's contract just before Solskjaer got sacked told us everything we needed to know.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Wasn't he pictured in Turin trying to negotiate rabiot deal? He certainly is another fraud who loves attention and media spin.
That was cringe. I don't remember ever seeing any other club's DOF being followed by TV cameras while traveling for transfers.

Vapor trail

I feel like if United get a reputable and competent DOF the whole dynamic of the club changes. Suddenly you can anticipate more of a directive in the market, look at PSG's summer for example always considered their midfield to be a little fringe and they address that area with quality. Murtough has to go, there's no use even bothering with him. This summer has been a monumental failure and he's already made wrong decisions and choices concerning Ragnick. He is the most expendable individual at the club in a management position.

Foxbatt

Can you answer my question? You've made Murtough guilty by association but not actually explained how he failed in any of the remits granted to him prior to being promoted.
I have no idea how he performed before his position as DOF But as DOF he has failed miserably. Now he didn't take this position at the end of the season. He had enough time to plan for this summer transfer window.

croadyman

I feel like if United get a reputable and competent DOF the whole dynamic of the club changes. Suddenly you can anticipate more of a directive in the market, look at PSG's summer for example always considered their midfield to be a little fringe and they address that area with quality. Murtough has to go, there's no use even bothering with him. This summer has been a monumental failure and he's already made wrong decisions and choices concerning Rangnick. He is the most expendable individual at the club in a management position.
Booting Ralf was a disgrace

I’m loving my life

That was cringe. I don't remember ever seeing any other club's DOF being followed by TV cameras while traveling for transfers.
Does he maybe think he’s some kind of A lister now? Maybe he dreams about documentaries being made about him, following his ups and downs, showing him as a persona. ‘The Murtough years’ DVD release one day, signing autographs etc. Dozens of scantily clad women throwing themselves at the hero. We need to cut the guy some slack. So what if he’s utterly shit at his job. The guy has aspirations.

Tibs

He and Fletcher need to feck off.

Then we need to go to Austria, and politely ask Ralf to come back

Delano

I'm properly struggling with him now.

- It's been almost a month since we signed Martinez.
- We've spent 14 weeks on De Jong (I assume EtH is a reason for that as well)
- We've had a fee agreed with Rabiot for a week, but nothing has been sorted in terms of wages.
- There doesn't seem to be any coherent recruitment strategy to fill huge the gaps in the squad.
- We've got a fee for ONE player all Summer (Pereira). When we needed sales to help purchases.

It's been an absolutely shambolic first summer for him. Whilst every club he speaks to now must be laughing their heads off with our desperation.

The worst start we've had to a season in forever, with 2 weeks of the market open and we are at a standstill.

Status
Not open for further replies.