Gaming The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Hmm, I wondered where I recognised your name from after reading this ridiculous defense:

Seems you have a thing for defending geks when he isn't online, with absolute nonsense that doesn't make sense...

@b82REZ
I really hope this is a serious post. :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
So despite saying I’m not going to play TLOU2 after I seen the leaks, I’m in the process of downloading the game — it’s actually almost finished. I’m going for a snooze now and then I’ll be getting stuck into it until 7-8 am I’d say. Good job I’m off until Monday.

Ainu

So despite saying I’m not going to play TLOU2 after I seen the leaks, I’m in the process of downloading the game — it’s actually almost finished. I’m going for a snooze now and then I’ll be getting stuck into it until 7-8 am I’d say. Good job I’m off until Monday.
Now we're just waiting for @evil_geko to say he bought the game. :D

Paxi

Now we're just waiting for @evil_geko to say he bought the game. :D
I’m not sure him and I had the same issues around the game.

I certainly don’t like the story that’s 100% confirmed to be authentic but I’ll play it nevertheless as I’m just into exploring TLOU2 world etc. Also, I’m a bit of a graphics whore so I’m excited to check out what they managed to do on PS4 pro.

Paxi

Not bad, took me exactly an hour to download the full game. Now, we wait.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He 100% will.

And he'll love it through gritted, possibly bigotted*, teeth.

*unconfirmed.
People don't change their minds on the internet. I think the story is wank but if I play it and think it's amazing I can't let others know I was wrong! Same for people who think it's gonna be amazing but if they don't like it, they'll find reasons to convince themselves.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I've not seen any relatives for 3 fecking months and the cnuts decide this weekend is the weekend to meet up. Have they no consideration? Family this, family that, I wanna play TLOU2 dammit!

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So some that said they're definitely not buying it. No way. Never. Are now buying it. What a surprise.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Watching a playthrough on YouTube. Game seems very cinematic. The player is really bad at controlling movement though, so it looks terrible (to play) when it isn't completely on rails. :p
That said, I might be capable of playing this if i turn combat difficulty to zero. Think i'll stick to watching a non-commentary playthrough.

evil_geko

People don't change their minds on the internet. I think the story is wank but if I play it and think it's amazing I can't let others know I was wrong! Same for people who think it's gonna be amazing but if they don't like it, they'll find reasons to convince themselves.
I don't understand the logic behind someone changing their mind about the story when the leaks were all true, story is not going to magically change after the game releases, people were talking how we don't have the context behind the leaked story points, well I saw most of it on YouTube and it's even worse with context, the writing is really poor. I watched it on YouTube and moving on, after release hype dies down, I would be surprised if there wont be any backlash by the players.

If you like it, cool, I personally hate it and that's about it. Cheers.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Seattle first scene in forest is gorgeous! Naughty Dog is genius to pull that on PS4 ( although I have PS4 Pro but I don't think there would any difference apart from resolution). This game is beautiful. PS5 patch with 4k Raytracing, this would instantly become best looking game on next gen consoles. Infact this looks next gen right now.

4 hours in and I must say I am bit annoyed that I have to sleep now. Although not sure how long I can play, my PS4 was begging for mercy at the end.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I don't understand the logic behind someone changing their mind about the story when the leaks were all true, story is not going to magically change after the game releases, people were talking how we don't have the context behind the leaked story points, well I saw most of it on YouTube and it's even worse with context, the writing is really poor. I watched it on YouTube and moving on, after release hype dies down, I would be surprised if there wont be any backlash by the players.

If you like it, cool, I personally hate it and that's about it. Cheers.
I got through first few few plot leaks and trust me you need to play the game and then decide. I was emotionally invested by then.

AaronRedDevil

12 more minutes then I’ll play it for an hour. Then play it all day when I get up in the morning.

AaronRedDevil

Ainu

Played for about an hour now but it's 1 am and I have to work in the morning. The customization options are exhaustive, they really went above and beyond there. In 4k/HDR it looks truly phenomenal. Can't wait to play some more tomorrow evening (though I'll be watching our game against Spurs as well, can't miss that after months without football).

evil_geko

I got through first few few plot leaks and trust me you need to play the game and then decide. I was emotionally invested by then.
I was emotional all right, but for all the wrong reasons:

If we ignore the bad writing where Joel and Ellie act stupid and not like themselves, the fact that I would have to play half the game with fecking Abby who brutally murderes Joel after he saves her, is more than enough for me to skip this shit. No amount of Abby backstory will make me sympathize with her after that. After investing in these characters in the first game, ND takes a big shit on them just for the shock value, doing something brave and different, ooooooh, and expects fans to like it. Right. Also after all that murdering Ellie just spares Abby, not given even that satisfaction at the end. Also that horrible sex scene, bloody hell

So yeah, I scarred myself enough with watching it on YouTube, don't have to experience it myself.

Amarsdd

I was emotional all right, but for all the wrong reasons:

If we ignore the bad writing where Joel and Ellie act stupid and not like themselves, the fact that I would have to play half the game with fecking Abby who brutally murderes Joel after he saves her, is more than enough for me to skip this shit. No amount of Abby backstory will make me sympathize with her after that. After investing in these characters in the first game, ND takes a big shit on them just for the shock value, doing something brave and different, ooooooh, and expects fans to like it. Right. Also after all that murdering Ellie just spares Abby, not given even that satisfaction at the end. Also that horrible sex scene, bloody hell

So yeah, I scarred myself enough with watching it on YouTube, don't have to experience it myself.
awwww you poor thing :lol:

jungledrums

Played for about an hour now but it's 1 am and I have to work in the morning. The customization options are exhaustive, they really went above and beyond there. In 4k/HDR it looks truly phenomenal. Can't wait to play some more tomorrow evening (though I'll be watching our game against Spurs as well, can't miss that after months without football).
What sort of customisation options?

Paxi

Have to say the graphics are stunning. I don’t know how Naughty Dog do it but they’re as good as anything I’ve seen at 1440p.

Paxi

Really enjoying the gameplay so far. The enemies are pretty much the same from the first game but overall experience is much smoother. Feels like uncharted 4 to be honest, albeit with stealth mechanics so obviously slower.

Last edited:

Paxi

So official TLoU reddit community aren’t liking the direction they took with Abby and Joel.

macheda14

God I’ve played 5 hours of this (I bought it yesterday afternoon from a dodgy store). I don’t know how I feel. Like it’s amazing, but it’s just an onslaught. Anxiety inducing. From what I read it takes about 25 hours. I don’t know if I can handle that. I want to play it bit by bit, but I also just want to get it over and done with so I can get through to the other side of this brutal onslaught. And I mean brutal.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Ive done about 4 hours now. Its a gorgeous game in terms of its visuals and the story is really well done. Im struggling a bit with the controls because its so long since I played the first one so at times it gets frustrating. Im just not at this point instinctive with the controls so dying a lot of the time. The story is well done but not sure how I feel about the plot etc. Still its early days and I have only played through to the courthouse so tons of game to come. I cant believe how good this looks on my shitty old ps4. This gives me hope that ps5 games are going to look amazing.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Really enjoying the gameplay so far. The enemies are pretty much the same from the first game but overall experience is much smoother. Feels like uncharted 4 to be honest, albeit with stealth mechanics so obviously slower.
Can we pit the infected against the humans like we could in left behind? I loved that.