Gaming The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

Ainu

Was just going to say Cyberpunk. That's for the current gen right? No bigger than that as far as I'm concerned.
I'm playing this one on pc, but I'm still curious to see what their cross-gen strategy is. No way you're going to be playing the definitive console experience of this game on current-gen hardware. They must have a serious range of next-gen enhancements planned for this game.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Cyberpunk is really the swansong. Last huge game.

Also @evil_geko @Mr Pigeon how you folks doing?
I'm doing great, got my SJW t-shirt ready (locally and organically sourced hemp, of course) plus some kale chips plated up just waiting to own all the normal thinking individuals who only have problems with the story and nothing to do with the game pushing agendas even though they did say at one point that this was something they had an issue with. You?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's not bizarre, complaining and negativity is from the fan base and players, incredible scores are from the gaming press. Nothing changed. If we see same incredible scores from the players, than it would be bizarre.
Numbered scores in general are shit way to judge something, there are tons of people complaining about 100 scores as they say no game, or media for that matter, is and will be perfect, which they are right. But 100 doesn't have to mean perfect.
Skill Up, the dude who mentioned negatives and positives about the game without giving it numbered score is the best way to review it. And he got shit from tons of people how dare he not like things in this "perfect" game. And praise from the other side for being "the only realistic reviewer". You get shit on either way.
It was like Final Fantasy 7 remake, if someone gave that game less than 9.5, they would get tons of hate and dislikes.
Firstly, fan base/gamers and publications while having their own perspective is understandable but generally there's a sense of alignment between the two. Given there's such a big gap between the two in this tells me that much (not all) of the criticism was agenda based (right wing dislike of liberalism) and knee jerk.

Secondly, nobody said it was perfect or that scored reviews don't have demerits. Or that Skill up isn't great (he's probably one of the best out there however that doesn't change the fact that it is one of the most highly rated games right now.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Ghost of Tsushima is really the swansong. Last huge exclusive. What an incredible last few months for the PS4. To think people actually choose Xbox over PlayStation when games like these exist. Truly baffling.
I mean they pushed it back just to cater for TLOU2 - it's clearly not.

TLOU2 is easily the "swansong", it'll outsell both Ghosts and Cyberpunk on PS4.

Cyberpunk is probably the "swansong" of the current generation, overall, though.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Your PS4 will brick 15 minutes into the game and then Utd will lose to Spurs on Friday, Rashford breaks his leg in the game. Two game rounds are played, enough for Liverpool to win the league and then half the squads catch coronavirus and the football goes away again.
The way this seasons been Mane will score the winner to clinch the title and pull his shirt over his head revealing spoilers underneath.

jungledrums

I mean they pushed it back just to cater for TLOU2 - it's clearly not.

TLOU2 is easily the "swansong", it'll outsell both Ghosts and Cyberpunk on PS4.

Cyberpunk is probably the "swansong" of the current generation, overall, though.
I reckon Ghosts will do incredibly well. It has all the ingredients - seems a genuinely gripping story coupled with very good gameplay.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I just had an email of ShopTo to say they've dispatched the game! Hopefully, it's here tomorrow, but more likely Friday. Can't wait. Been reading and listening to more about it and it has the chance of being one of the best games ever made. Obviously a lot of it is still embargoed, but it sounds like they've been very bold and it has paid off (at least with most of the things I've read in reviews)

Can't wait to play it; it sounds incredible.

RedDevilRoshi

I just had an email of ShopTo to say they've dispatched the game! Hopefully, it's here tomorrow, but more likely Friday. Can't wait. Been reading and listening to more about it and it has the chance of being one of the best games ever made. Obviously a lot of it is still embargoed, but it sounds like they've been very bold and it has paid off (at least with most of the things I've read in reviews)

Can't wait to play it; it sounds incredible.
Got a notification from ShopTo this morning as well stating that it has been dispatched. Can’t wait to play it! :D

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Skill Up hated the first one also. So it wasn't a suprise he will hate the second one too.

Actually a lot of hate was towards people who rated it higher. Those people had already decided that game is bad and then used Skillup review to claim how every other reviewer were paid. Infact things got so bad that Skillup had to tweet saying that people should not use his video as some sort of proof that positive reviews are paid ones. Hatred is mostly down to few story elements ( which again based on out of context leaks) and that one of the character is gender fluid and some are unhappy with lead character as lesbian.
Loved the fact that he done that. Basically shot down all the people who were holding him up as this messiah and the only "truthful" person who has reviewed the game. Basically calling out the bullshit response of "good reviews, paid for. Bad reviews, legit" that we've seen.

Also, nearly every single review I've read have all said the same: you may think you know it all if you've read the spoilers, but you probably don't. You're missing a lot of context of what's actually happening.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
> Bought blackout curtains, snacks
> Deleted tinder, made an excuse to get out of a basketball league
> PS4 spare controller charged

I'm ready for this in my life.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So judging by a lot of reviews it seems like playing the game on the Hard difficulty is the way to go. Playing on easier modes the AI can sometimes be ridiculously stupid and is detrimental to the experience to some extent. On hard, it sounds like a genuinely nail-biting experience. At least that's what a few people were saying. That's the way I'm going to go I think. Similar to the first game, really.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
@RedDevilRoshi Did your copy come? I only ask 'cause you said you bought it from the same place and it was dispatched yesterday like mine. My copy didn't come, but no surprises.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
2 days for us to find out about all these agendas, aye, @evil_geko
Maybe there is no agenda. Maybe it's one of those metaphorical things. Like the "agenda" is the place inside each of us created by our disagreements on story direction.

RedDevilRoshi

@RedDevilRoshi Did your copy come? I only ask 'cause you said you bought it from the same place and it was dispatched yesterday like mine. My copy didn't come, but no surprises.
Nothing has come today mate

The latest tracking on the Royal Mail website stated the following:
We have your item at Swindon MC and it's on its way. We expect to deliver it on 19/06/2020

So hopefully arrives tomorrow

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Nothing has come today mate

The latest tracking on the Royal Mail website stated the following:
We have your item at Swindon MC and it's on its way. We expect to deliver it on 19/06/2020

So hopefully arrives tomorrow
Exactly what mine says. I'm confident it will be here. ShopTo is reliable in my experience.

RedDevilRoshi

Exactly what mine says. I'm confident it will be here. ShopTo is reliable in my experience.
I’ve never used ShopTo before but heard they are reliable and sometimes your game can come a day before it’s actual release. I tend to go to either the midnight launches or purchase the game when the retail store opens in the morning.

I wouldn’t worry about it. It should be here tomorrow.

Bosws87

Made to sign a street date agreement for the huge games these days they mark them as dispatched early due to the demand then usually get them to you on release date, not like the old days used to always be early!

b82REZ

Maybe there is no agenda. Maybe it's one of those metaphorical things. Like the "agenda" is the place inside each of us created by our disagreements on story direction.
By the end, we all realised we were the agenda.

b82REZ

I’ve never used ShopTo before but heard they are reliable and sometimes your game can come a day before it’s actual release. I tend to go to either the midnight launches or purchase the game when the retail store opens in the morning.

Last time I used Shopto it was to preorder Uncharted 3. I received it almost 2 weeks early and managed to finish it before the release date and traded it in for more than I paid for it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Made to sign a street date agreement for the huge games these days they mark them as dispatched early due to the demand then usually get them to you on release date, not like the old days used to always be early!
The excitement of getting a ShopTo game on a Thursday. It was class :D

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Pretty sure I did my 2nd playthrough of TLOU on hard and found it way more enjoyable, so I'll try this on hard straight away and then turn it down to medium once I get too scared.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’m replaying the first on hard. It’s still a really easy play through. Got Pittsburgh with like 2 deaths and they came cause my aiming in this game is way off.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Can’t wait for mine, pestered with shopto too, but hasn’t come today. :(

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yeah, I remember those days! Always used to do it with Fifa and COD

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah, I remember those days! Always used to do it with Fifa and COD
Remember the Great MW2 Delay of 2009? I actually spent all day in the house staring out the window and on hold with Game customer services waiting for a delivery van that never came.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Ive played the first hour. It looks great but have to say my ps4 has the fan running flat out a lot. Not really much more I can say except so far the story has been as immersive as the first one.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Remember the Great MW2 Delay of 2009? I actually spent all day in the house staring out the window and on hold with Game customer services waiting for a delivery van that never came.
I don't actually!

Was that a big thing? I remember buying it. Me and my mate missed college to go and buy it at Game!

The worst was when you preordered a game (COD and Fifa mostly) and yours didn't come but all your mates got theirs. Sitting there like billy fecking no mates. You don't get that now with all this digital malarkey.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Have been playing it for the past 2 days. This game is great

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I don't actually!

Was that a big thing? I remember buying it. Me and my mate missed college to go and buy it at Game!

The worst was when you preordered a game (COD and Fifa mostly) and yours didn't come but all your mates got theirs. Sitting there like billy fecking no mates. You don't get that now with all this digital malarkey.
If you ordered from Game you had a big problem getting it. I remember gametrailers forums being mobbed with Game purchasers saying they hadn't had it delivered. I think what happened is that Parcel Force/Royal Mail used to be the main courier for Game.co.uk and they completely fecked up how many copies of this "just a video game" would need to be delivered. I kept phoning and got a different excuse each time - broken machinery, traffic jams, incorrect IDs etc - but it was clear that the problem was a complete lack of foresight. My delivery note still said "Parcel Force" but it got delivered the next day some dude in his car . Game then had to scramble to find another service to use which I think gave rise to Home, which is the company we now know as Yodel. So, in many ways, Activision and Royal Mail are to blame for Yodel existing.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
If you ordered from Game you had a big problem getting it. I remember gametrailers forums being mobbed with Game purchasers saying they hadn't had it delivered. I think what happened is that Parcel Force/Royal Mail used to be the main courier for Game.co.uk and they completely fecked up how many copies of this "just a video game" would need to be delivered. I kept phoning and got a different excuse each time - broken machinery, traffic jams, incorrect IDs etc - but it was clear that the problem was a complete lack of foresight. My delivery note still said "Parcel Force" but it got delivered the next day some dude in his car . Game then had to scramble to find another service to use which I think gave rise to Home, which is the company we now know as Yodel. So, in many ways, Activision and Royal Mail are to blame for Yodel existing.
Wow. I had no idea about any of this.

That's another thing I think has gone now, with the advent of digital downloads and the sheer amount of places you can actually buy games from, is the worry of not being able to get hold of a copy of a game on release. Or maybe it is still there and it's just not affecting me, but I remember back in the day there was a genuine concern of not getting hold of a game on release day. I would often go to midnight launches for this exact reason. Just not an issue anymore I don't think. It makes me nostalgic, tbh.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Hmm, I wondered where I recognised your name from after reading this ridiculous defense:

You think the accusations of agenda pushing directed at the game by a poster who has complained about SJWs might be related to the accusations of SJW agenda pushing that have been directed at the game? I dunno, sounds pretty far-fetched.
Seems you have a thing for defending geks when he isn't online, with absolute nonsense that doesn't make sense...

@b82REZ