Gaming The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Got to find that fine balance today of working from home but also playing this all day.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's almlst weird that this game is the same price as other games. The first hour alone probably took more effort to make than the entire Call of Duty franchise.

Im afraid my PS4 is about to lift off though.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I do have to say I'm happy that metacritic also has the non paid for, objective user reviews. For instance the one that said "they should have called it the last of heterosexuality 2, fecking SJW's" was particularly insightful and balanced.

b82REZ

I was emotional all right, but for all the wrong reasons:

If we ignore the bad writing where Joel and Ellie act stupid and not like themselves, the fact that I would have to play half the game with fecking Abby who brutally murderes Joel after he saves her, is more than enough for me to skip this shit. No amount of Abby backstory will make me sympathize with her after that. After investing in these characters in the first game, ND takes a big shit on them just for the shock value, doing something brave and different, ooooooh, and expects fans to like it. Right. Also after all that murdering Ellie just spares Abby, not given even that satisfaction at the end. Also that horrible sex scene, bloody hell

So yeah, I scarred myself enough with watching it on YouTube, don't have to experience it myself.
So what's the agenda there?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I do have to say I'm happy that metacritic also has the non paid for, objective user reviews. For instance the one that said "they should have called it the last of heterosexuality 2, fecking SJW's" was particularly insightful and balanced.
I'm not so sure. Those reviews go on and on and on about a lesbian, gay and SJW agenda but I've yet to see a single one bring up the completely separate, mysterious and unnamed agenda mentioned in this thread. So how insightful can these guys really be?

Review bombing the user score is a always a mark of integrity though, so I'll give them that.

Hoof the ball

I'm not so sure. Those reviews go on and on and on about a lesbian, gay and SJW agenda but I've yet to see a single one bring up the completely separate, mysterious and unnamed agenda mentioned in this thread. So how insightful can these guys really be?

Review bombing the user score is a always a mark of integrity though, so I'll give them that.
I had a scroll through the first hundred reviews. Surprisingly few even mention said gay and SJW 'agenda' at all. Most, nearly all, cited other issues not related to said subject.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This is probably the only place I’ve seen positive posts. Game looks great though. But some of my fears are seemingly true about the game.

evil_geko

I had a scroll through the first hundred reviews. Surprisingly few even mention said gay and SJW 'agenda' at all. Most, nearly all, cited other issues not related to said subject.
Some people will only see what they want to see, people in this thread constantly connected anything negative said about this game with SJW agendas ignoring how majority actually lists legit issues the game has.

This game neither deserves perfect scores, neither 0s, user Mixed reviews is about right.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I already experienced some frame rate issues on the regular ps4. Just started.

Rooney1987

Some people will only see what they want to see, people in this thread constantly connected anything negative said about this game with SJW agendas ignoring how majority actually lists legit issues the game has.

This game neither deserves perfect scores, neither 0s, user Mixed reviews is about right.
Don't you need to have played it to say this?

Bojan11

Which person is that?
I said it. You got a problem with that?

Speak to my manager @evil_geko.

Also not sure to play this now or wait for PS5. I am not bothered about spoilers and I can’t be arsed with PS4 pro sounding like a engine especially when my Xbox X and PC make little noise when gaming. Is it really that bad? FF7 remake wasn’t too bad running on Pro.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I said it. You got a problem with that?

Speak to my manager @evil_geko.

Also not sure to play this now or wait for PS5. I am not bothered about spoilers and I can’t be arsed with PS4 pro sounding like a engine especially when my Xbox X and PC make little noise when gaming. Is it really that bad? FF7 remake wasn’t too bad running on Pro.
Mine hasn't arrived yet, when the missus plays it later I'll let you know how bad it gets for me.

evil_geko

Don't you need to have played it to say this?
When did anyone say game has gameplay problems? Only gameplay you can't judge without playing yourself, fecking story is the problem, how is it so hard for people to understand you can judge game's story without playing it, is that concept so hard?

I watched it on YouTube, it was all true and then some.

Nah, it's the new age of twitter/reddit rants where you can judge things without ever having experienced them and then review bomb sites just because you don't like something you've heard.
If only I mentioned I already watched the whole game (story wise) on YouTube....oh wait, I did, several times, but you have a history of ignoring information and repeating same things so there's that.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Having played a little of it, I suggest playing it on hard as that's the most tense and really feels like survival. I believe this game will split the fan base and there will be no set agreed narrative. I just don't think we'll have a majority saying its great it will be a very personal experience

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Mine came this morning thankfully. Just installing it now. Hopefully, get a couple of hours on it later before the match starts. It seems like a game that should be savoured rather than plow through it in a day or two.

Ainu

Nah, it's the new age of twitter/reddit rants where you can judge things without ever having experienced them and then review bomb sites just because you don't like something you've heard.
Yeah you look at the amount of overwhelmingly negative user reviews on Metacritic (probably all zeroes or something), there's no way these people have played the game. They've seen or read spoilers, decided that they hated it and then feel like they're qualified to review a product they haven't even touched. Fair enough if you know you're going to hate the game, but then don't review it. I don't get these people.

Bosws87

Yeah you look at the amount of overwhelmingly negative user reviews on Metacritic (probably all zeroes or something), there's no way these people have played the game. They've seen or read spoilers, decided that they hated it and then feel like they're qualified to review a product they haven't even touched. Fair enough if you know you're going to hate the game, but then don't review it. I don't get these people.
Sad existence, if you don't like something you just move on that's what you do, i don't go around shitting on games i know i don't like i just don't play them.

Redlambs

When did anyone say game has gameplay problems? Only gameplay you can't judge without playing yourself, fecking story is the problem, how is it so hard for people to understand you can judge game's story without playing it, is that concept so hard?

I watched it on YouTube, it was all true and then some.

If only I mentioned I already watched the whole game (story wise) on YouTube....oh wait, I did, several times, but you have a history of ignoring information and repeating same things so there's that.
Says the guy who keeps hiding from what he said...I think people are becomming pretty clear on why you don't like what happens in the story.

Oh and are you saying a game can't be great without a story you agree with? Because I feel a little bad for you with how closed your mind really is.

They certainly are a weird, entitled and very whiney bunch.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
The idea that a game that beautiful is a 3.3 (user reviews) is laughable.
If the story truly is horrible and isn't taking the characters as they were and developing them to the point they end up at here then sure, pull some points, but the amount of rage-filled reviews are over the top and screems of them being either pre-determined to hate it or reacting too strongly on what they are experiencing.

Bojan11

User reviews on OC or Metacritic and even reviews from certain outlets, I don’t bother taking notice. The only few outlets I take notice are Eurogamer and Edge. Even then I don’t always agree with them. Just buy what you’d think that you would enjoy. It has to be proper bad to put me off a game. Something like 5/10 all round. Like that Haze game for PS3.

evil_geko

Oh and are you saying a game can't be great without a story you agree with? Because I feel a little bad for you with how closed your mind really is.
Story driven linear cinematic game can't be great with bad writing, no. It can be decent if gameplay is fantastic, but great? No. If you can't understand that, I am not the one with closed mind here.

Bojan11

Story driven linear cinematic game can't be great with bad writing, no. It can be decent if gameplay is fantastic, but great? No. If you can't understand that, I am not the one with closed mind here.
What score would you give it based on you watching the game on YouTube? Don’t hold back now.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I'd say that's to be expected with such a graphically intensive game on a 8 year old console.
Actually so far I'm don't really see any much upgrades in comparison to the remastered edition. But the graphics are fine, as you say the console i 8 years old now.

Ainu

You keep going on about bad writing but you will need to excuse us if that sounds very hard to believe. If there's anything I've learned from over a decade of playing Naughty Dog games, it's that their writing is consistently exceptional. Obviously I don't need to take your word for it as I'll be finding out myself over the course of the weekend. I have a suspicion that some are passing off a divisive story as bad writing, but we'll see.

Redlambs

So you've strung a few words together and suddenly it validates you? I mean sure go for it, but that's not the question I asked.

You have a real bad habit of not being able to take in questions and process them.

(Btw if you have to pigeon hole things for them to make sense to you, and you clearly do, then no you don't have an open mind.)

Redlambs

You keep going on about bad writing but you will need to excuse us if that sounds very hard to believe. If there's anything I've learned from over a decade of playing Naughty Dog games, it's that their writing is consistently exceptional. Obviously I don't need to take your word for it as I'll be finding out myself over the course of the weekend. I have a suspicion that some are passing off a divisive story as bad writing, but we'll see.
Yep. He's confusing a story he doesn't like (and all the "agenda pushing") for bad writing. Classic angry lashing out.

Unless, of course, he is a top writer himself and can give us further insight...

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The idea that the experience of actually playing a game doesn't provide context is strange to me. That's the medium. It's like deciding a book is bad based on the synopsis, or that a song isn't good based on the sheet music. You're skipping the most essential part of enjoying it.

evil_geko

Yep. He's confusing a story he doesn't like (and all the "agenda pushing") for bad writing. Classic angry lashing out.

Unless, of course, he is a top writer himself and can give us further insight...
Yes, because you have to be brilliant writer to see if a story is bad. Nice logic! :lol:

Like someone already said in here, this place is one of the rare where people are positive about this game, mainly because you haven't played through this shit. And even if you hate it you wont admit it.

This conversation is pointless because I talk with knowing the whole story, and you are arguing against something you haven't even seen yet, and then I am accused of talking without context it's hilarious! :lol:

And yeah, keep mentioning lesbians in you posts and how that is what people hate, and ignore how everyone knew that after the TLOU DLC that was in 2014, but keep going sport, you might be on to something there. :wenger:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Mine has just finished installing and copying. Took about 30 mins for those who are buying the physical version and want to know.