Television The Last of Us - TV Series HBO | NO GAME REFERENCES OR SPOILERS | Receives 24 Emmy nominations

Chairman Steve

I’m not surprised the video game that the more I look at it, the more I think it’s better suited as a Movie/TV show than a video game is actually a decent TV show, judging by the response of critics and the public.

Unam333

Good to know it's getting rave reviews. Going to watch it. Never played the games though.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yep, this looks great.

Seems the budget has went to all the right places instead of filtering away into BS. This actually looks high budget.

Some of the camera angles are great, feels like the game, especially the driving scene.

Very promising.

What was the song on the radio at the end? What decade was it from? :lol:

Edit: not sure if the stream went weird, but the sound when the old woman turned was kinda off. Was my only noticeable complaint.

Drawfull

Yep, this looks great.

Seems the budget has went to all the right places instead of filtering away into BS. This actually looks high budget.

Some of the camera angles are great, feels like the game, especially the driving scene.

Very promising.

What was the song on the radio at the end? What decade was it from? :lol:

Edit: not sure if the stream went weird, but the sound when the old woman turned was kinda off. Was my only noticeable complaint.
Depeche Mode - Never let me down, 80s

Sound was OK in that scene for me

IFC 1905

Yeh I enjoyed that alot, really setting things up well. Just disappointed I couldn't watch the next two episodes like they can in the US with hbo max, the bastards.

Made me feel optimistic about another video game adaption that's coming out in the future too, and my favourite games of all time, Fallout.

Is this true? If it is, there must be a way to watch them.

Drawfull

Is this true? If it is, there must be a way to watch them.
I VPNd in and couldn't see three episodes, but there were two additional things to watch that I'm not seeing on HBO Max in Spain (I tihnk they are on YouTube). My lad had a look to download, ahem, and there was only the one episode. Also, on Tom's Guide 'how to watch', it doesn't mention that there are three.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Random question for those that watched

What was supposed to flip their car? If you pause it, the projectile just before the blackout is tiny.
Yeah, I took that as just the tyre getting blown or a big hit which meant he lost control at speed.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Is it as one-dimensional/boring as the g***?

atkar83

I really liked it. Was surprised to see bighead in the opening scene, he's a good actor but all I see when I see him now is a Big Gulp and a blank stare.

padr81

Supports
Man City
8 or so outta 10 for me. Plesantly surprised. Thought Bella was a bit weak at first but it was mostly the voice, by the end I was happy with it, but Torv and Pascal excellent. First 40 minutes was a proper kick in the feels, loved it.
Super optimistic going forward.

Last edited:

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Yeh I enjoyed that alot, really setting things up well. Just disappointed I couldn't watch the next two episodes like they can in the US with hbo max, the bastards.

Made me feel optimistic about another video game adaption that's coming out in the future too, and my favourite games of all time, Fallout.
I don't think episode 2 and 3 have been released on any platform?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Video game spin offs normally make terrible TV and movies. Is this an exception?
Based on 1 episode yes. 99% from critics, 96% from audience on rotten tomatoes. No review bombing and only the occasional angry nerd.

Fully Fledged

At the moment as someone who hasn't played the games. It seems like a generic zombie/apocalypse show to me. It's well made but there is nothing there yet to make it stand out.

Fully Fledged

As someone who only played the original one ten years ago and only remember bits of it, you're not alone. I thought the first half was great, and had first season TWD vibes. Second half they kinda rushed into the world a bit.
I thought his daughter was brilliant. she played her part well. I actually thought she carried the first half of the episode.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
At the moment as someone who hasn't played the games. It seems like a generic zombie/apocalypse show to me. It's well made but there is nothing there yet to make it stand out.
Reviews from those who hadn't played the game either suggest that show's high points are after the premier so this will be a case of a slow build. As others said the core of the show will be about the relationship between Joel and Ellie.

Fully Fledged

Reviews from those who hadn't played the game either suggest that show's high points are after the premier so this will be a case of a slow build. As others said the core of the show will be about the relationship between Joel and Ellie.
As I said it seems well made. I'm going to continue and hope that they do build on the piolet.

Suv666

TLOU is probably one of my top 3 video games of all time so a bit hesitant of watching this. Reckon I’ll let a few eps come out and then binge.
No way am I watching 1 episode at a time like a caveman

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
I get that. Most shows depend on the performances of there main actors. I liked Bella in GoT as well.
Its not just the usual though. This was an incredible journey because these performances where so good. The last of us is the only game I ever finished and straight away started again. Over the 7 years between the OG and part 2, I replayed the game at least 20odd times. The story doesn't just depend on them, it is them. So when I say you are in for a treat, I don't mean a mars bar. I mean youre getting a full course gourmet meal. Savour this, as you will only get to experience it for the first time once.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah, so, that was pretty great.

Found the opening chat show scene a bit odd but otherwise, just brilliant. The chase scene was superbly done.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Promising start. They’ve captured the tone/atmosphere from the game quite well.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Not a gamer, so came into this with little to no idea of the premise and I thought that was excellent.

Loved the opening act and how good the daughter was but could sense what was going to happen.

Really enjoyed the whole episode.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Was going to let it air then binge it, think I'll watch them all then binge it as the first episode for me captured near enough everything perfectly

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Was going to let it air then binge it, think I'll watch them all then binge it as the first episode for me captured near enough everything perfectly
Think I will do the same. The good news is for those of us who have played the game we already know the guts of the story so if we see spoilers its harder to ruin it for us.

Code-CX

I’m honestly mostly looking forward to the meltdowns seasons 2/3 will cause :lol:

With that being said, I thought the first episode was pretty good overall.

Simbo

Damn, was not expecting that, but then I'd read nothing about it and didn't know it was HBO, got bless them.

Not played the games so gunna stay well clear of here.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Damn, was not expecting that, but then I'd read nothing about it and didn't know it was HBO, got bless them.

Not played the games so gunna stay well clear of here.
Game spoilers or references aren’t allowed in here.