Gaming The Legend of Zelda | Earthquake: "It's actually ridiculously good, and keeps getting better." ★★★★★

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
"We haven't quite decided yet, whether we're going to do A Link to the Past, because there's also the possibility of doing a remake of Majora's Mask," Miyamoto told me in an interview at E3 last week. "This is something we've certainly been talking about and doing a little bit of experimenting with, to figure out which way we're going to go."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/12/zelda-3ds-its-majoras-mask-vs-link-to-the-past

:)
I loved MM and am glad they're now talking about the possibility of a remake. I'd be happy with either though as I love Zelda games full stop and the more that can be ported to the 3DS the better.

MichaelS

Majoras Mask was such a cool game. Really deserves a Wii-U remake.

What is a creepypasta? Saw the short video and reading some of it now. Almost convincing if it wasnt so far out.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Majoras Mask was such a cool game. Really deserves a Wii-U remake.

What is a creepypasta? Saw the short video and reading some of it now. Almost convincing if it wasnt so far out.
It's some sort of an urban legend that's created by Internet users.

RedMist99

I started playing Ocarina of Time again on Friday night. Started at about 10pm then 6 hours and a bottle and a half of red wine later I'd just finished the Fire Temple.

Such an amazing game

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I started playing Ocarina of Time again on Friday night. Started at about 10pm then 6 hours and a bottle and a half of red wine later I'd just finished the Fire Temple.

Such an amazing game
I have the 3DS remake at home but haven't gotten around playing it yet. Really hope MM gets a remake as well. Highest point of art I've encountered in gaming.

RedMist99

I've completely breezed through Ocarina of Time up until now. That Bongo Bongo boss of the Shadow Temple is a right cnut.

Completely forgotten the technique to defeat him

Drainy

I've completely breezed through Ocarina of Time up until now. That Bongo Bongo boss of the Shadow Temple is a right cnut.

Completely forgotten the technique to defeat him
you avoid the hands, use the lens of truth to reveal it, use the bow on both hands, then it's face- when it is stunned, use your sword.

RedMist99

I knew the gist of it, my performance was just well off. Kept on getting battered by the big hands and running out of arrows as I was mis-timing the firing at the hands when they had returned from an attack.

All done now though. That was the only time I've struggled so far.

Has anyone heard of the 3 heart challenge? Basically completing the game without adding any hearts to your life.

That seems like a very difficult task

Has anyone

RedMist99

I had the page open for about 20 mins listening to it on loop!

I never completed Majora's Mask so will have missed out on quite a lot. Maybe I should give it a go sometime soon...

RedLars

Absolutely you should, RM99! It's a fantastic game. I didn't quite appreciate it when I first played it because it lacked that certain "fairy tale" feeling that Ocarina of Time encapsulated completely. As I grew up a bit though I realized that it's a much deeper and more mature game, and with time I've come to rate it as my favourite game of series (and all time, in all likelihood).

Drainy

Great game. Far darker than Ocarina of Time, and every bit as good for the most part, perhaps the dungeons and bosses were less memorable- but the quality of everything else was as good or better than Ocarina of Time.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Great game. Far darker than Ocarina of Time, and every bit as good for the most part, perhaps the dungeons and bosses were less memorable- but the quality of everything else was as good or better than Ocarina of Time.
Yep. It didn't have the feel of a full and unique Zelda title, but then it wasn't actually meant to be at all. DLC before there was DLC. For that reason it's underated by anyone other than genuine Zelda fans, but in many ways it is superior to OoT.

Woodzy

Everything sounded and looked great to me until they showed the moving within walls thing. I don't know why but those sort of gimmicks (the ones that have a huge bearing on the story) have always annoyed me in Zelda games, and I think it's why I've always preferred Link to the Past and OoT over most of the others.

Drainy

I actually haven't ever played A Link to the Past, but doesn't that have a light and dark world gimmick going on? I'm sure that the Ocarina in OoT was considered a gimmick at the time, but music has become central to the series now. These differences are bloody important to keep each game fresh.

Woodzy

I actually haven't ever played A Link to the Past, but doesn't that have a light and dark world gimmick going on? I'm sure that the Ocarina in OoT was considered a gimmick at the time, but music has become central to the series now. These differences are bloody important to keep each game fresh.
They are gimmicks yes, even Majoras Mask, which is also up there has a gimmick, but something just doesn't seem right about this one. Maybe I'm just being boring?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
So, errrr, I had dumped my Wii way before Skyward Sword came out..

Do I root around and find it, and buy Skyward Sword?!

How good is the game? There's a very good chance I'll have a Wii U in the next few months and will be playing Wind Waker HD. Do I wait?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Yes buy it.

A Link Between Worlds is coming out in November, so if you're planning on getting that you don't want to overdo it. Not that I think that's possible with Zelda.

Alock1

Yes buy it.

A Link Between Worlds is coming out in November, so if you're planning on getting that you don't want to overdo it. Not that I think that's possible with Zelda.
I know they're both Zelda, but the console and handheld games feel so different to me that that's not really a problem.

Also, Eiji_Aonuma has said "We want users to feel like they're experiencing the Zelda world with other users while also adventuring by themselves," in an interview - Zelda online (MMO) incoming?

Alock1

It'll probably be more online features related to Miiverse. Can't really see them going down the MMO route.
What sort of features are you thinking, that would give that feel to it?

I don't expect it, but one possibility could be random events similar to Destiny, where you can be playing single player and suddenly there is a nearby event and other people are also battling it.. doesn't really fit in with the Zelda style of combat though, and you'd have multiple Links running around.

Last edited:

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
What sort of features are you thinking, that would give that feel to it?
I don't know about anything specific, but maybe there could be a dedicated app for the game like Animal Crossing Plaza, but obviously related to Zelda and linked to the game. It could be a place for people to keep some kind of diary/log throughout their adventure for others to read. They could use the selfies feature from Wind Waker HD and allow it to be posted by itself or with a log of recent activity.

EG:

"Just spotted something awesome in Kakariko Village! Be sure to check out the *insert cool thing here* when you're nearby."

And have a picture of Link and the awesome thing posted along with it.