Gaming The Legend of Zelda | Earthquake: "It's actually ridiculously good, and keeps getting better." ★★★★★

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
What were your thoughts on Colin leaving? I was ok with it. But the outrage over his tweet was a bit ridiculous
The reaction to the Tweet was crazy.

I wasn't surprised that he left in the end. He seemed to be getting less interested as time went on, especially in the last few videos where he just looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there.

I think it's a shame, as I found his history and politics talk on some of the videos to be interesting, but it looks like he's launching his own Youtube channel (tomorrow it seems) where the focus will be that, so it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

Drainy

The reaction to the Tweet was crazy.
Seriously though, a light hearted tongue in cheek joke like that blew up.. suppose after gamergate people in the industry are on edge trying to show they support women so noone wants to be the one to try and speak sense to the lynch mob and potentially join him in exile..

kps88

Have those of you who finished it done or are planning on doing all the shrines? I like the idea but I can imagine a few of them being a real pain to find.

Last edited:

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Have those of you who finished it done or are planning on doing all the shrines? I like to idea but I can imagine a few of them being a real pain to find.
No I was all Zelda'd out at the end

I probably wil lsome day. I need to get another 40 though

caid

'Finished' this last night.
Had to kill the 2 temple bosses i skipped before calamity ganon, so had about 2 arrows left for him and was using an korok leaf at one point to try and do damage after all my other weapons broke.
A Royal Claymore dropped randomly when he hit one of the walls with a fire attack which lasted long enough to finish him off.

It was pretty manageable really. Not having the master sword made life difficult in terms of weapons breaking but that was the only real issue the fight caused.

Not sure i was reading the stats at the end right but
16% completed @ 32 hours.
Didn't see any other stats

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Have those of you who finished it done or are planning on doing all the shrines? I like the idea but I can imagine a few of them being a real pain to find.
I fancy finding all the shrines at some point, and properly exploring Hyrule Castle.
'Finished' this last night.
Had to kill the 2 temple bosses i skipped before calamity ganon, so had about 2 arrows left for him and was using an korok leaf at one point to try and do damage after all my other weapons broke.
A Royal Claymore dropped randomly when he hit one of the walls with a fire attack which lasted long enough to finish him off.

It was pretty manageable really. Not having the master sword made life difficult in terms of weapons breaking but that was the only real issue the fight caused.

Not sure i was reading the stats at the end right but
16% completed @ 32 hours.
Didn't see any other stats
I didn't use up any melee weapons in the fight with Calamity Ganon.

After the Divine Beasts chopped his health in half, I pelted him with Ancient Arrows to the mush until he got all burny. Then I used Urbosa's Fury and when he fell over with his guard down booped him on the nose, repeat until win.

caid

I fancy finding all the shrines at some point, and properly exploring Hyrule Castle.

I didn't use up any melee weapons in the fight with Calamity Ganon.

After the Divine Beasts chopped his health in half, I pelted him with Ancient Arrows to the mush until he got all burny. Then I used Urbosa's Fury and when he fell over with his guard down booped him on the nose, repeat until win.
Yeah i'd like to give hyrule castle a go later too

Had no arrows and divine beasts only took off a quarter health. Dont think i had urbosa's fury either. Had to use perfect dodges and smacking his lasers back into his face, which did quite good damage (until all my shields broke, then i was dodging and hitting him with crappy woodcutting axes / sticks)

Bojan11

I don't mind Jim Sterling usually. But it's clear to me he is up Guerillas games arse. He gave Killzone 2 a 9.5 and Killzone 3 a fecking 10.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
For those interested in game development and what it's like having the other guys play your stuff, this is a pretty decent video that shows guys like Ken Levine and Jack Rodkin talk about this game and how blown away they all are with the aspects in their respective fields. Particular highlights for me are when Levine talks emulation v simulation and Mario64 and it's easy to digest for everyone, not just developers:

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
For those interested in game development and what it's like having the other guys play your stuff, this is a pretty decent video that shows guys like Ken Levine and Jack Rodkin talk about this game and how blown away they all are with the aspects in their respective fields. Particular highlights for me are when Levine talks emulation v simulation and Mario64 and it's easy to digest for everyone, not just developers:

Fanboys!

Should I watch it or wait until I've played the game?

Redlambs

Saw this earlier

I knew about 10% of these things
:lol: Indeed!

Check the video out too, it has no spoilers and is just a good chat between developers on this game.

Fanboys!

Should I watch it or wait until I've played the game?
No spoilers, in fact the little nuggets that do slip out will only enhance your enjoyment of the game. Trust me, as we all seem to be finding out, as much as you think you know there's always more you've missed!

Woodzy

I have a decent PC. You are a thief.

BTW, it won't really be ready that soon, but it will come as Nintendo always use an OpenGL based api, coupled with the already well known hardware.
The WiiU version is becoming playable very quickly apparently. I'd give it a month before it can be played pretty much flawlessly based on the progress being made.

If you mean playing the game directly via the disc on a PC, then I don't think that's possible.

Redlambs

The WiiU version is becoming playable very quickly apparently. I'd give it a month before it can be played pretty much flawlessly based on the progress being made.
I'd take that bet.

If you mean playing the game directly via the disc on a PC, then I don't think that's possible.
It is actually possible, very much so. Not that there's any need, but it can be done.

Phil

Ouch! It's seems like you've been early fooled :lol:

BTW, why were they both due April 1st? Amazon normally deliver same day where I am!
They weren't in stock and I pre-ordered both for the back in stock date of March 31st.

I used my Amex points and got a voucher code through Amazon to bring the price right down so I had no problem with that!

Redlambs

They weren't in stock and I pre-ordered both for the back in stock date of March 31st.

I used my Amex points and got a voucher code through Amazon to bring the price right down so I had no problem with that!
Hopefully you get lucky and they get them in sooner mate.

It makes it worse that there's no game manuals these days to tide you over too! That still annoys me, fecking trees :(

Phil

Hopefully you get lucky and they get them in sooner mate.

It makes it worse that there's no game manuals these days to tide you over too! That still annoys me, fecking trees :(
Ha, video reviews will do for now eh?

I now work for a big tech website who have a Switch and I went down to say hello and put some groundwork in with the reviewers earlier. Hopefully the guy will have the Switch in the office this week so I can at least have a play..