Gaming The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

decorativeed

There is not a single single player game that doesn't benefit from being on a handheld imo. Exklusively use my Switch in handheld mode and have actually never even tried docking it.
There were shrines in BotW that used the motion controls and as such were impossible to play with the Switch in handheld without becoming an amateur contortionist. Otherwise, I think I agree.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
May sound stupid, but I feel more immersed when playing on a handheld. Also there is some games I would genuinely never finish on a big screen. A good example is Monster Hunter Rise. It feels so good to do just one more quest by simply picking up the Switch whilst maybe watching a kind of boring football match. I bought a PS5 at launch and sold it after a year because i realised that I just don't enjoy playing games on a big screen anymore.

I know that's very specific to me and very few people will agree, but I would much rather play a game on the Switch than the same game on a PS5/Xbox even though it's technically way inferior.
Yep that's it for me too. Games like this and Monster Hunter where you can easily dip in and out really suit handheld mode.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Im okay with games on handheld that dont have good graphics but games like Zelda has great graphics that deserves a big screen imo. I never played the witcher 3 on switch since i already have it on the ps4 and ps5 but i couldnt imagine playing it any other way.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Im okay with games on handheld that dont have good graphics but games like Zelda has great graphics that deserves a big screen imo. I never played the witcher 3 on switch since i already have it on the ps4 and ps5 but i couldnt imagine playing it any other way.
I'd say the opposite personally. The game's limitations are too obvious on a big screen whereas I hardly notice them in handheld.

Edit - I'm talking about the limited anti-aliasing and texture pop-ups.

Gehrman

I'd say the opposite personally. The game's limitations are too obvious on a big screen whereas I hardly notice them in handheld.

Edit - I'm talking about the limited anti-aliasing and texture pop-ups.
Im not a tech buff. I do agree when i first played it i noticed the lack AA, but i think the cellshading and art design kind of distracts you from this and makes up for it.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Pro controller is the way forward. Still think it's superior to the Dual Sense.
Pro controller hooked up to the pc playing 60fps is the way forward :drool:

Think the dual sense is better but the pro is miles better than the ps4 and Xbox controllers. Battery lasts forever too.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I hope I never have to speak to Cece again. Those noises… *shudder*

Hamnat

I hope I never have to speak to Cece again. Those noises… *shudder*
Why does everyone in that town want you to be a private investigator for their side quests? Haven't done all the side quests there yet but got a sweet new paraglider design with my wolf link amiibo. Just started killing Lynels after I got my master Sword. I need better armor and I refuse to buy so gotta go hunt.

Woodzy

Zelda graphics are what they are. They are making the most out of the hardware and I’m fine with it.

I don’t even like the style personally either. Would much rather something a bit more cinematic looking, kinda like that Bridge of Spirits game on PS5.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’m guessing I’m not supposed to be trying to liberate Lurelin village this early on? I get trounced every time I attempt it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Always good to have a shelter style thing ready in your
autobuild
for when it’s raining and you want to cook.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Me at the start: “Yeah I’ll help your President Hudson sign stay up! Here’s a perfect little fit to keep it steady”.

Me now: “Yeah that’ll hold…”

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
This game is crack. 4 hours flew by like it was nothing. And I'm still in the first area :lol:

The Legend of Zelda: feck Your Schedule

kps88

I'm doing so much stuff away from the main quest that, whenever I get back to it, I'm overpowered and the enemies are super easy.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This game is crack. 4 hours flew by like it was nothing. And I'm still in the first area :lol:

The Legend of Zelda: feck Your Schedule
I got almost 30 hours logged already and have not progressed the story at all. I don’t even have full map discovered yet though getting close, only need two towers now. I am inclined to get to 50 shrines completed before I get back to the main quest.

I am finding side quests more diverse and interesting than BOTW, also helps that it feels as if there is three times as many. Seems like every character you encounter on your journey has something they need you to do.

Gehrman

Anyone know a good spot for farming cool safflin flowers? I need it upgrade some gear but i wasted at least 2 hours yesterdayooking for them on hebra mountain where they are supposed to be.

Gehrman

I really i had gotten my hands on a certain weapon
The Master Sword
after i found out how fast and easy you can get it. Rather than waiting before i head into the final battle.

Hamnat

Anyone know a good spot for farming cool safflin flowers? I need it upgrade some gear but i wasted at least 2 hours yesterdayooking for them on hebra mountain where they are supposed to be.
Hunting down specific ingredients is a good reason to upgrade Purah Pad to Sensor+. I'm doing razorshrooms now for armor upgrade. Had anyone upgraded Glide armor? Wow the set bonus is fun.

Just finished a second Phenomenon line. I have spent so much time cooking and flying farming dragon parts I have just started to actually fight bosses.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Really easy to dupe items in this game if you can't be arsed with farming.

Gehrman

Anyone know where to find silver bokoblins? Again need their parts to upgrade my gear.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I spent about an hour the other day trying to make a boat with a working propeller system. Very satisfying to get it right in the end.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So this may he a silly question, but when will I find a sort of engine to make a car go forward? :nervous: