Gaming The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Crystallized charges crafting is annoying. I have shitloads of zonaite but the only Forge Construct I know is in the Great Sky Island archipelago and they can only do 10 at once so I end up going back and forth.

Sarni

Has the duplication glitch stopped working? It doesn't seem to work for me anymore.

Hamnat

Crystallized charges crafting is annoying. I have shitloads of zonaite but the only Forge Construct I know is in the Great Sky Island archipelago and they can only do 10 at once so I end up going back and forth.
I planned on going up there today. I haven't upgraded my battery at all yet.

Yesterday I finally started Garudo after only getting to the bazaar previously. I figured I have enough meals for the desert now may as well hop on that
Has the duplication glitch stopped working? It doesn't seem to work for me anymore.
I haven't played since last night but it was working when I finished getting enough money to build a mansion.

Sarni

I planned on going up there today. I haven't upgraded my battery at all yet.

Yesterday I finally started Garudo after only getting to the bazaar previously. I figured I have enough meals for the desert now may as well hop on that

I haven't played since last night but it was working when I finished getting enough money to build a mansion.
It worked at 5pm yesterday but didn't at 9pm for me and doesn't today... maybe it doesn't allow you to duplicate same item again?

What I'm doing is:

Pick diamond, drop diamond, pick it back up so it's last on my list of items, jump up with a shield or paraglider, drop diamond along with one other item that I have only 1 of in my inventory, and pick them up again when I'm down on the ground

Anything wrong?

Hamnat

It worked at 5pm yesterday but didn't at 9pm for me and doesn't today... maybe it doesn't allow you to duplicate same item again?

What I'm doing is:

Pick diamond, drop diamond, pick it back up so it's last on my list of items, jump up with a shield or paraglider, drop diamond along with one other item that I have only 1 of in my inventory, and pick them up again when I'm down on the ground

Anything wrong?
I was doing that at first. It should work still unless they patched it from last night. But, the updated one you could duplicate without having to do the move to the bottom of the list if you do the shield step, then choose your dupe item only then hit Y+B at the same time to exit the menu while in the air. It will duplicate and won't consume anything else and you can just keep stacking the diamonds or Zonite etc And if you go do it in the snow or sand you don't lose shield durability

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Oh boy i got an error in the final part of the final boss where i really felt lucky to make it so far with my preparations. Now i have to start all over. First time on Switch as well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’ve only just realised I’ve been playing with the Pro HUD all game.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I left it after getting stuck too and came back with fresh eyes and worked it out.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
This game, even more so than BOTW, sorts the people who love "open world" games from those who thrive in true sandbox worlds.

The fact the only bugs found actually help you is why Nintendo games should and will always be at the top of the pile.

You can shove your Activision/Ea/Bethseda/etc up your arse.

Gehrman

So i beat the main story. I think from the view of personal enjoyment i would give it a 8.5. It suffers from the same flaws as botw but has several upgrades. Also i probably suffer from having too much time on my hands + my age which means i binge play new games which probably makes it easier to get bored compared too when you something resembling a normal life pattern. The Zonai shit is certainly creative and obviously what makes this the main diffference from botw. If you love all the engeering stuff and all that this easily a 9 or 10. Main dungeons are also an upgrade from botw but not by a huge margin imo. Still there is easily tons for me left to do in terms of exploring and side quests. I dont think i will be going for 100% completion but there are tons of shrines left and hopefully some rewarding side quests.

Sarni

This game, even more so than BOTW, sorts the people who love "open world" games from those who thrive in true sandbox worlds.

The fact the only bugs found actually help you is why Nintendo games should and will always be at the top of the pile.

You can shove your Activision/Ea/Bethseda/etc up your arse.
It is so much better than BOTW it’s not even funny, and BOTW was already an all time great. Makes every other open world game feel so small in comparison.

Redlambs

It is so much better than BOTW it’s not even funny, and BOTW was already an all time great. Makes every other open world game feel so small in comparison.
BOTW was already cited among the best of the best game designers as the new benchmark.

It's not even remotely amusing that by the time we have this game 6 years later that even BOTW could not be topped. And that's the real thing about the fact this game comes out on the Switch whilst we get absolute trash launches on the Xbox and PS5, it's that you get what you want. While people clamour and argue about specs and games they don't even care about, here we finally have a true sandbox game that is so far advanced it was already ahead of the game 6 years ago let alone well ahead of anything we will get this generation.

As a pure game, I'll accept opinions on it. As on that front it's not perfect, and yet again it's not even my favourite Zelda game so far. But as the pinnacle of what gaming can do right now, it's ridiculous just how above everything else it is. I mean come on, what major release even since BOTW can stand technically with that let alone this?

Sarni

So I told my wife I’d be making pasta for dinner and turned on the water, went upstairs to convert some zonaite into crystallized charges and realized there was a shrine I hadn’t completed below me so I went straight there. The water was already boiling and I had to climb up the hill but it didn’t seem that far away so I went. There were a few bokoblin settlements so I smashed them and went into the shrine. It took a few attempts to complete it, and that’s where things went wrong because after all that time in the shrine I completely forgot about the dinner part of my evening and just went to another shrine that I could see from where I was.

Now all of the water has evaporated and the wife is mildly unhappy.

Redlambs

So I told my wife I’d be making pasta for dinner and turned on the water, went upstairs to convert some zonaite into crystallized charges and realized there was a shrine I hadn’t completed below me so I went straight there. The water was already boiling and I had to climb up the hill but it didn’t seem that far away so I went. There were a few bokoblin settlements so I smashed them and went into the shrine. It took a few attempts to complete it, and that’s where things went wrong because after all that time in the shrine I completely forgot about the dinner part of my evening and just went to another shrine that I could see from where I was.

Now all of the water has evaporated and the wife is mildly unhappy.
Mate you should have done what I did.

Buy her a PS5 and let her drool over flashy things with zero substance. Whilst all along longing for the plucky guy who can offer way more, she just doesn't see it yet.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
BOTW was already cited among the best of the best game designers as the new benchmark.

It's not even remotely amusing that by the time we have this game 6 years later that even BOTW could not be topped. And that's the real thing about the fact this game comes out on the Switch whilst we get absolute trash launches on the Xbox and PS5, it's that you get what you want. While people clamour and argue about specs and games they don't even care about, here we finally have a true sandbox game that is so far advanced it was already ahead of the game 6 years ago let alone well ahead of anything we will get this generation.

As a pure game, I'll accept opinions on it. As on that front it's not perfect, and yet again it's not even my favourite Zelda game so far. But as the pinnacle of what gaming can do right now, it's ridiculous just how above everything else it is. I mean come on, what major release even since BOTW can stand technically with that let alone this?
bla bla bla bla bla bla

Gehrman

I dont think the benchmark is how big the world is. But how much fun you have in it. I still have the witcher 3 as the best because how good the side quests were and that is still an outdated game even with the enchanced edition. The dlc stories in thst game is still better than any other game. Its mainly whether the mad max shit and being able to fly across hyrule with a custom made plane is more fun that atmospheric stories and quests. This is a amazing game from many perspectives but my default is still the witcher 3 because of the writing and still good graphics

caid

I liked Monster Hunter World. This kind of reminds me of it at times. Not as technically impressive but feels worth a mention.

Redlambs

bla bla bla bla bla bla
He mumbles...whilst feeling that itch. The itch that brings his tiny little mind to some thought of clarity.

"No, no I cant. I can't sucumb to this torture!" He thinks to himself as he tries to pretend he can resist the urge.

Then he types the only thing he can muster in the face of pure intelligence, the only thing he can dribble from his finger tips:

bla bla bla bla bla bla

Somewhere, in the distance, a wry smirk forms at the right side of the mouth.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
He mumbles...whilst feeling that itch. The itch that brings his tiny little mind to some thought of clarity.

"No, no I cant. I can't sucumb to this torture!" He thinks to himself as he tries to pretend he can resist the urge.

Then he types the only thing he can muster in the face of pure intelligence, the only thing he can dribble from his finger tips:

bla bla bla bla bla bla

Somewhere, in the distance, a wry smirk forms at the right side of the mouth.
It's an amazing game but feck you nintendo bitch.

Redlambs

I dont think the benchmark is how big the world is. But how much fun you have in it. I still have the witcher 3 as the best because how good the side quests were and that is still an outdated game even with the enchanced edition. The dlc stories in thst game is still better than any other game. Its mainly whether the mad max shit and being able to fly across hyrule with a custom made plane is more fun that atmospheric stories and quests. This is a amazing game from many perspectives but my default is still the witcher 3 because of the writing and still good graphics
He didn't say big, but the Witcher 3 is a great. However in technical terms it's poor. And if we delve into the actual gameplay elements, it's even worse. It's one of those games that transcends mediums, one of those experience moments in time. TW3 is amazing as a lot of things, and will always be up there for what it did. I'm happy to accept it as peoples best of all time, as it's clearly a true great. But the gameplay elements all don't work, it's broken in so many ways.

BOTW and TOTK aren't broken, they are designed and perfectly executed above all else. Neither are the best games ever, I'm not even sure if either would make my top ten overall, but what they do represent is what people really think they want in OW games when really it's about imagination. What they do is remind us that we don't have to wait for patches to fix everything, nor wait for the hype to die down to enjoy because we are used to things being shit on launch. Nintendo are about games and gaming, that's their bread and butter. People should remember that after what happened to Sega.

Redlambs

It's an amazing game but feck you nintendo bitch.
"It's an amazing game but feck you nintendo bitch." He yelled as he furiously hammered his keyboard whilst forgetting to capitalise Nintendo, or maybe just from ill education. Like his sexual desires that dried up on a long barren journey of shame and missfire, he long forgot about the tale of where his illiteracy came from.

Looking down, he saw nothing but grime and tears dripping over a £10 keyboard he used to replace the expensive one his mother bought him for his 30th that he smashed in rage when he died in Fortnite. Classic gamer, always angry, never one to accept his weakness is the blame of his teammates.

Gehrman

He didn't say big, but the Witcher 3 is a great. However in technical terms it's poor. And if we delve into the actual gameplay elements, it's even worse. It's one of those games that transcends mediums, one of those experience moments in time. TW3 is amazing as a lot of things, and will always be up there for what it did. I'm happy to accept it as peoples best of all time, as it's clearly a true great. But the gameplay elements all don't work, it's broken in so many ways.

BOTW and TOTK aren't broken, they are designed and perfectly executed above all else. Neither are the best games ever, I'm not even sure if either would make my top ten overall, but what they do represent is what people really think they want in OW games when really it's about imagination. What they do is remind us that we don't have to wait for patches to fix everything, nor wait for the hype to die down to enjoy because we are used to things being shit on launch. Nintendo are about games and gaming, that's their bread and butter. People should remember that after what happened to Sega.
I do agree from technical pov Nintendo gets right in terms that they dont release buggy games to please their shareholders. I think in terms of gameplay we probably arent thinking about the same things. For me story telling, atmosphere and world building is that as well. I dont find the gameplay in TW3 broken apart from the xp system. But its all preference. I grew up with Zelda being my nr. 1 franchise untill post twillight princess. Perhaps a lot of my boredom is ive played this franchise too much and my age. If i had played this as my first Zelda game as a teenager i think my pov would be very different. The soulsborne genre is currently my favourite and i think even with Elden Ring they fell into some traps amazing as the game is. I do agree that when it comes to puzzle solving they definitely took it to a new lvl with the zonai devices and in terms of tapping into your own creativity its something else.

Sarni

I do agree from technical pov Nintendo gets right in terms that they dont release buggy games to please their shareholders. I think in terms of gameplay we probably arent thinking about the same things. For me story telling, atmosphere and world building is that as well. I dont find the gameplay in TW3 broken apart from the xp system. But its all preference. I grew up with Zelda being my nr. 1 franchise untill post twillight princess. Perhaps a lot of my boredom is ive played this franchise too much and my age. If i had played this as my first Zelda game as a teenager i think my pov would be very different. The soulsborne genre is currently my favourite and i think even with Elden Ring they fell into some traps amazing as the game is. I do agree that when it comes to puzzle solving they definitely took it to a new lvl with the zonai devices and in terms of tapping into your own creativity its something else.
It’s the second Zelda game that I really got into so that probably helps it feel fresh. As I said before, I got BOTW along with Switch at launch and while I liked it, it didn’t really capture me to this extent and I did not finish it until a few weeks ago. I played Zelda games before and usually liked them but never completed any as I always bounced off a puzzle or just simply got bored. I am inclined to go back and replay some of them once I’m done with Tears, I have Link’s Awakening on my Switch and still own 3DS so might get some of these.