g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Yagami

Good post resistant
Video games are taking over the film bizzyness, and, as a result, we'll definitely get a Zelda one eventually. I can't wait to see how they handle the chaos that is the Zelda timeline.

Nintendo are definitely going to build-up to a Super Smash Bros Movie after all the top stars get their own individual movies. Something like the Subspace Emissary from Brawl.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This game, even more so than BOTW, sorts the people who love "open world" games from those who thrive in true sandbox worlds.

The fact the only bugs found actually help you is why Nintendo games should and will always be at the top of the pile.

You can shove your Activision/Ea/Bethseda/etc up your arse.
Only for those for whom sandbox = gaming which I know is the case for you but not for many owners. The medium is now much bigger than being all about one aspect. Nintendo game have quite a lot of games in the heap of great games but there’s tons of them and a very diverse bunch too.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I encountered a thunder one and it kicked my arse so I decided to come back later in the game. Assume they're more late game enemies.
Is that what those things are? I've spotted and tagged 3 from a distance but I still occasionally get one-shotted by a bokoblin so I'm not touching that yet.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Is that what those things are? I've spotted and tagged 3 from a distance but I still occasionally get one-shotted by a bokoblin so I'm not touching that yet.
Yeah it's basically a three headed thunder dragon thing. There's one in a colosseum south of lookout landing.

I tried it a few times to make sure I definitely wasn't able to beat it at my level and nope, it just kept one shotting me, so feck that!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
When "oh 1 more thing" turns into past 1am on a work night where I get up at 6... Ffs

peridigm

I spent about an hour duping my wares last night. I have no shame. While duping bomb flowers I discovered an anomaly in saving that has me puzzled. Over the weekend I was mashing buttons during a fight and held the camera button by accident which performed a quick save. I've been using that ever since for saving while playing and will do a manual save from the menu before I quit playing. I had a lot of bomb flowers so I did a quick save. I blew myself up on my next dup. When I continued the game I started out with 8 bomb flowers which is over 100 less than I had during my save. When I looked at the save entries, the quick save was not there. I spent some time playing around with it and quick save does not always create a starting point if you exit the game. Anyone know the reason for this?

I also discovered fusing diamonds to shitty weapons makes them much less shitty.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Seems like a lot of people are doing it but I don't understand why people would want to dupe items. One of the main lures and best parts of this game is just exploring and collecting... You are killing that whole aspect by exploring the glitch??? You do you I guess. Zelda is the last game I'd do that in though.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I encountered a thunder one and it kicked my arse so I decided to come back later in the game. Assume they're more late game enemies.
Its a hard hitter thats for sure! I came across a frost one for a particular reason (cba to spoiler why but wont reveal), and went through about 50 arrows before it killed me, including 10 fairy revivals.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Seems like a lot of people are doing it but I don't understand why people would want to dupe items. One of the main lures and best parts of this game is just exploring and collecting... You are killing that whole aspect by exploring the glitch??? You do you I guess. Zelda is the last game I'd do that in though.
I duped two diamonds so I could buy clothes quicker and then it stopped working for me anyway. I find it quite easy to get stones here so it’s not that difficult to earn rupees, I have more of an issue with crystallized charges as I still have no idea how to buy more than 10 at once and I spend half a day going back and forth to Forge Construct.

The fuse thing helps greatly with weapon, they still deteriorate quickly but are extremely easy to replace.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ah yes I forgot how ridiculously hard Lynels are.

decorativeed

Ah, the shock emitter sword I fused is ridiculously brilliant, but only seemed to last for about 6 strikes before it broke!

caid

I noped out of the few i've seen immediately. I'm probably at a point where i stand a chance in hell of surviving against them. Where was the one you fought? Might give it a go.

I duped two diamonds so I could buy clothes quicker and then it stopped working for me anyway. I find it quite easy to get stones here so it’s not that difficult to earn rupees, I have more of an issue with crystallized charges as I still have no idea how to buy more than 10 at once and I spend half a day going back and forth to Forge Construct.

The fuse thing helps greatly with weapon, they still deteriorate quickly but are extremely easy to replace.
Do you want to know or figure it out yourself?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
The top level ones are outragerous, but the lower levels can be done with timing.

Just found out the way to get the master sword, but pissed off I haven't prepped the right way to get it straight away. Fuming

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I noped out of the few i've seen immediately. I'm probably at a point where i stand a chance in hell of surviving against them. Where was the one you fought? Might give it a go.

It was just south west of Kincean Island in the Lanayru Wetlands.

Hamnat

Just killed my first White Lynel. I actually feel up to fighting anything at this point. Still have many shrines left and still haven't done Zora Phenomena yet.
As for duping it is what it is. I already fought and killed a Lynel. Why should I bother waiting for respawns after a blood moon of 8 more to upgrade some armor a few times? Or wait to be able to pick up dragon parts 1 at a time for days. Already proved you are capable of beating whatever it is to get the part in the first place.

Has anyone done any of the mazes yet?

Last edited:

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Just killed my first White Lynel. I actually feel up to fighting anything at this point. Still have many shrines left and still haven't done Zora Phenomena yet.
As for duping it is what it is. I already fought and killed a Lynel. Why should I bother waiting for respawns after a blood moon of 8 more to upgrade some armor a few times? Or wait to be able to pick up dragon parts 1 at a time for days. Already proved you are capable of beating whatever it is to get the part in the first place.

Has anyone done any of the mazes yet?
What strength weaponry and armour you doing to fight them? I feel the drop rate strength of base weapons arent good enough to take them on, unless you have incredible patience and enough weaponry to break through in a long duel

Hamnat

What strength weaponry and armour you doing to fight them? I feel the drop rate strength of base weapons arent good enough to take them on, unless you have incredible patience and enough weaponry to break through in a long duel
I'm doing Barbarian set with 3 star upgrades for them. Then master sword fused with the lower level Lynel blade, or dragon fangs. Also have Fierce diety sword I did the quest the other day put Naydra dragon parts for Frost damage and it looks awesome.

You still have to be fully stocked with foods. They don't one shot me but if I don't eat after a hit I'm dead. I always sneak attack from the air get off as many arrows as I can in their face. Usually that lets you jump right on their back and get some free hits in.

Last edited:

Sarni

I’m soon not going to need them for anything as I will probably have 4 or 5 battery charges by next week which probably means I’m going to figure it out immediately after that.

amolbhatia50k

Gosh this runs terribly on my mac. Hopefully Riyujinx work on the optimisation while I play Botw.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I only remembered about ascend after getting to the wind temple. :wenger:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Only if you've got dicks on the brain I guess :lol: Mine certainly doesn't look like that :D
My tagline is what it is for a reason. Its a upside down penis.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Not bad. Got this to run at 25 - 30 fps on the mac barring some stutters here and there using one of the emulator builds. Is it consistent 30 on the switch or does drop?

Sarni

Not bad. Got this to run at 25 - 30 fps on the mac barring some stutters here and there using one of the emulator builds. Is it consistent 30 on the switch or does drop?
It drops mostly when using ultrabuild and sometimes in random moments, like when you are riding a cart on the rails in one of the sky islands.

decorativeed

Am I being mega-thick or something, because I don't understand Tulin's 'Let's go' and 'gust' prompt? I click A for both, but other than some wind blowing animation, nothing happens. After that it's got some kind of time bar filling till I can do it all again to zero effect.

Sometimes this game really sucks at explaining the controls. Another example is the throwing test shrine where it tells you to hold the buttons in the wrong order to how it actually works!

Gehrman

Am I being mega-thick or something, because I don't understand Tulin's 'Let's go' and 'gust' prompt? I click A for both, but other than some wind blowing animation, nothing happens. After that it's got some kind of time bar filling till I can do it all again to zero effect.

Sometimes this game really sucks at explaining the controls. Another example is the throwing test shrine where it tells you to hold the buttons in the wrong order to how it actually works!
You are supposed to use it with the glider to get a gust of wind to be able to cover larger distances.

Hamnat

New update patches most glitches. I just stopped it on mine for now.

Gehrman

New update patches most glitches. I just stopped it on mine for now.
Is there actually any way to downgrade from the latest patch? Install with disc and disable the internet? I have mine on flight mode atm to to not automatically download the latest patch, so I can exploit the glitches if I want to.