Gaming The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Hamnat

Yiga stuff is kind of fun. Feel sneaky. Just bought some Goron spice to make some curry while I finish yiga stuff and try to find a silver lynel.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’ve only just discovered you can unstick stuff. fecking hell. I’ve been assuming this whole time that once it’s stuck on its permanent.

Hamnat

I’ve only just discovered you can unstick stuff. fecking hell. I’ve been assuming this whole time that once it’s stuck on its permanent.
Wow. How were you helping korok where a vehicle of some sort was needed? Or how you beat some temples without temp sticking stuff and taking it off to use another way.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Wow. How were you helping korok where a vehicle of some sort was needed? Or how you beat some temples without temp sticking stuff and taking it off to use another way.
I usually chucked the stuff into the abyss to make it all respawn :lol: or if it was wood I burnt it off.

Koroks that need help usually just get launched via a rocket.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
fecking hell :lol:
I usually chucked the stuff into the abyss to make it all respawn :lol: or if it was wood I burnt it off.

Koroks that need help usually just get launched via a rocket.
:lol::lol: oh my god

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Is anyone else just exhausted by the depths? I'm trying to be as efficient as possible navigating my way around, but considering it's near the size of the above-surface, firing lights around without quick movement is a bit much

Hamnat

Yeah the depths is annoying. I just started jumping into every chasm I saw on surface and getting the closest Lightroot. Once I rode Farosh under there like an Uber and shot bulbs, along everywhere so at least there was patches of light.

I started really upgrading my battery since you need vehicles down there more.

caid

Is anyone else just exhausted by the depths? I'm trying to be as efficient as possible navigating my way around, but considering it's near the size of the above-surface, firing lights around without quick movement is a bit much
I find your never too far from a place to make a car or a wing. I basically threw some rockets on a wing to get from lightroot to lightroot. Would wander a bit after when i could see where i was going.

Tried Zelda hardmode with no unsticking anything. I dont understand how you got off the first island.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I find your never too far from a place to make a car or a wing. I basically threw some rockets on a wing to get from lightroot to lightroot. Would wander a bit after when i could see where i was going.

Tried Zelda hardmode with no unsticking anything. I dont understand how you got off the first island.
I feel kinda proud I got this far in without it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There were so many times when I was making a car or boat and if the wheel went on at a dodgy angle I just abandoned the whole thing ffs :lol:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I also don't like the depths. They're annoying. I avoid them unless it's quest related.

the sky islands are amazing, though.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I met Frox. I don't want to meet Frox again.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yeah I hardly ever go there but realize it will be required later in the game. They are quite boring.

Hamnat

I keep falling directly on a boss fight jumping in the new chasms. Fell right on a Frox had to learn it in the dark. Fell on a construct. I am trying to find more turd statues down there I have one on my map I must have circled 10 times and have it surrounded with bulbs now.
Anyone else finish the Yiga stuff now?
I kind of like that Earthquake ability I am trying to find ways to use it in actual battle.

Posh Red

I’m particularly irritated by one aspect of the depths:

Treasure map marked a cross underneath that spiral peninsula on the east of Hyrule. I’ve tried getting it from every possible angle, but I just run into giant cliffs every time. Doing my best not to google the solution.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Yes having to throw brightseeds around to move 50 meters gets annoying and half the time, Im trying not to throw my weapon. They should have created better controls for inventory management etc, because it takes forever for shift through the items you want to use, throw and put on your arrow etc.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Has anyone tried using the zonai lamps in the depths yet? Maybe it becomes less cumbersome if you stick a few of those on a vehicle or something. I might try something like that next time, but I generally bump into something I end up running from so I'm not down there that long.

Hamnat

Has anyone tried using the zonai lamps in the depths yet? Maybe it becomes less cumbersome if you stick a few of those on a vehicle or something. I might try something like that next time, but I generally bump into something I end up running from so I'm not down there that long.
Basically use as headlights in the depths on vehicles. I'm using one on a yiga vehicle I stole now. I still find I have to stop and toss it bulbs or I would fly off a cliff or something.

Nice beat first Gleeok. Used 2 bows not too bad.

Last edited:

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Basically use as headlights in the depths on vehicles. I'm using one on a yiga vehicle I stole now. I still find I have to stop and toss it bulbs or I would fly off a cliff or something.

Nice beat first Gleeok. Used 2 bows not too bad.
How on earth did you manage that?? I just dont have the patience, their health is mad

Hamnat

Treasure map marked a cross underneath that spiral peninsula on the east of Hyrule. I’ve tried getting it from every possible angle, but I just run into giant cliffs every time. Doing my best not to google the solution.
Same I cannot find that stuff. Those and the shit statues there are a few I just can't find and haven't looked up.
How on earth did you manage that?? I just dont have the patience, their health is mad
I did the lightning one. Wore my lightning helm. Immune to lightning. And shot it with Eyeball arrows and my Lynel 3 shot bows. Actually pretty easy they barely touched me, easier than Lynel. Going to hunt the fire one now.

Last edited:

decorativeed

My wife wants to go for a walk. Yet I've traipsied from Hebra Mountains to East Necluda already today. Is it too much to ask on a bank holiday Monday to have a moment's peace an relaxation?

Posh Red

I beat the thunder one by repeatedly firing homing arrows at his head and using the terrain to dodge if he managed to launch an attack. Ended up being quite straightforward. Ice/Shock arrows seem to be extra helpful.

caid

I just throw a brightseed on the car / wing i'm using. It'll set it off so you want to be on it when you throw it. Works though. Wonder if you could fuse brightseeds to a shield for a cheap lamp.

Last edited:

caid

Finished the tears quests yesterday. Think i'm going to go murder gannondorf now, feels like a good time. Have loads of stuff left to do but will probably beat him in seconds if i do all that first. Should still be somewhat hard at this point.

caid

I found another spot like that. There was a hidden entrance above. Maybe there's a whirlpool at that spiral island or something?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Same I cannot find that stuff. Those and the shit statues there are a few I just can't find and haven't looked up.

I did the lightning one. Wore my lightning helm. Immune to lightning. And shot it with Eyeball arrows and my Lynel 3 shot bows. Actually pretty easy they barely touched me, easier than Lynel. Going to hunt the fire one now.
I beat the thunder one by repeatedly firing homing arrows at his head and using the terrain to dodge if he managed to launch an attack. Ended up being quite straightforward. Ice/Shock arrows seem to be extra helpful.
Interesting...

question is how to take on King Gleeok? It is nigh on impossible unless fully armoured, full health and the strongest weapons

Posh Red

Interesting...

question is how to take on King Gleeok? It is nigh on impossible unless fully armoured, full health and the strongest weapons
I got just over halfway before failing that one. I think it’s just a question of having enough supplies

Posh Red

Has anyone found the master sword? I think I’m on the right track, but may also be wasting my time.

I assume I need to farm the light dragon. I saw it once so far and have revisited the location dozens of times and haven’t seen it since. Frustrating…

decorativeed

Yes having to throw brightseeds around to move 50 meters gets annoying and half the time, Im trying not to throw my weapon. They should have created better controls for inventory management etc, because it takes forever for shift through the items you want to use, throw and put on your arrow etc.
It is a bit finicky. But then again, I'm bad at remembering which button does what in most games. In this, I'm already repeating what I did in BotW and getting the button for crouching to hide from enemies mixed up with the button for whistling for your fecking horse, totally giving away my position to the bokos.