Gaming The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't wait.

Unlikely but I hope they go back to classic style dungeons and revamp the weapon system to normal Zelda where you use all weapons for unique reasons and there isn't the durability thing. But still gonna be great.

Unam333

Can't wait.

Unlikely but I hope they go back to classic style dungeons and revamp the weapon system to normal Zelda where you use all weapons for unique reasons and there isn't the durability thing. But still gonna be great.
Is it true that the Master Sword can break as well?

Hopefully the game will be good. Like Majora's Mask. The trailer doesn't show much though (which is a good thing).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Hopefully the game will be good. Like Majora's Mask. The trailer doesn't show much though (which is a good thing).
In BOTW yes the master sword can break, though after you complete the sword trials whatever it's called, it goes to full power permanently (normally it's at a reduced power when not in a dungeons or Hyrule Castle), and has better durability. Either way, dumb.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
More or less the only game I'm actually excited for these days.

The first game was great in terms of thinking you might be able to do something and then the game allowing you to do it. I wonder how they're gonna keep that feeling fresh in this.

Ainu

It doesn't break like other weapons. When its durability is depleted, it takes a while to recharge and then it's good as new. As another poster said, its damage and durability can be improved, but even in its base state you won't lose it when it breaks.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
It doesn't break like other weapons. When its durability is depleted, it takes a while to recharge and then it's good as new. As another poster said, its damage and durability can be improved, but even in its base state you won't lose it when it breaks.
There were rumours it would proper break in BotW 2. Not sure what they were based on, of course

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
No matter how hard I have tried I just can't get into BotW. :(

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Maybe there will be four games.

Breath of the Wild - Wind
Tears of the Kingdom - Rain
Blaze of the Forest - Fire
Dust of the Land - Earth

Unam333

Maybe there will be four games.

Breath of the Wild - Wind
Tears of the Kingdom - Rain
Blaze of the Forest - Fire
Dust of the Land - Earth
I see what you did there, but you miss "heart":

Earth.. Fire.. Wind.. Water.. Heart.
Go Planet!

:p:wenger:

Dave_MUFC

I'm interested if it's a lot more linear than the first. I lost interested after a couple of divine beasts because I hated how open it is and how I have to scavenge weapons.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Very few complaints about the first. The shrines got a bit boring after a while and the ‘dungeons’ which weren’t dungeons could have been a lot better.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The only shrines I didn't love were those stupid ones where you had to use motion controls. They were fecking diabolical.

The first was a near perfect game, for me, but I do wish they'd put a little bit of a decent story in Zelda games sometimes!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Look forward to reading positive reviews and not playing this since it's only on Ninendo consoles.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
The only flaw in the original was that the switch is ass hardware

largelyworried

Main wish is just proper dungeons, which was overwhelmingly the main long term complaint of the community about the first game. I'm hopeful they'll pick up on that. After all, its been in development for 5 years at this point, which was as long as the first game took, and its using the existing game engine, overworld and many of its assets. I doubt they'd just chuck in a few new sandbox features and be done with it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm interested if it's a lot more linear than the first. I lost interested after a couple of divine beasts because I hated how open it is and how I have to scavenge weapons.
I'm sick of open world games but this is one of the few that made it enjoyable. The game rewarded you for exploration rather than forcing you to grind.

Ainu

I'm sick of open world games but this is one of the few that made it enjoyable. The game rewarded you for exploration rather than forcing you to grind.
While that's true, and I also spent about 250 largely enjoyable hours in that world, I hope they go for something different this time around. I don't really want to do the same thing again. I'm sure it's going to be great though, whatever they decide.

macheda14

While that's true, and I also spent about 250 largely enjoyable hours in that world, I hope they go for something different this time around. I don't really want to do the same thing again. I'm sure it's going to be great though, whatever they decide.
I think if they could mix the open world with long linear dungeons kind of like how Ocarina of Time slightly was, or more recently Elden Ring, that would be great.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Nice! Loved Breath of the Wild but missed proper dungeons and items. There were rumours they'd include dungeons again and at 0:30 in the video, it sure looks like there are seven things to be collected like in pre-BotW Zelda games. Have my hopes up that they combine the open world feel with the old temple system.