The 'Manchester Is Blue' Thread

Andrew Wolf

Supports
Manchester City
City operate a ticket exchange. If I wasn't able to make it, I could list my ticket on there for resale from 2 weeks before the game right up to the day before hence why they keep that link live.

As it is, if you click through you can't buy anything as there is nothing available.

There will still probably be empty seats as always though

Trizy

City operate a ticket exchange. If I wasn't able to make it, I could list my ticket on there for resale from 2 weeks before the game right up to the day before hence why they keep that link live.

As it is, if you click through you can't buy anything as there is nothing available.

There will still probably be empty seats as always though
Liverpool fans probably bought them all up.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Manchester is truly blue for one evening. Don't mess it up you useless bastards.

eondo1

Massive game for them today against arsenal but there are still loads of empty seats. Plastic club, plastic fans and loads of plastic seats.

Jarman

Huge club, couldn't get close to selling out Wembley allocation. Well over 7,000 seats left empty, 2,000 handed back so Brighton fans could have more. The the sterling 550 tickets (there is no way he paid a penny for these, only reason it was him was to help his image + London school so people may actually turn up. Half time "so who do you really support?" "Arsenal" "Chelsea" "united" "Manchester United".

https://talksport.com/football/fa-c...ty-selling-fa-cup-semi-final-tickets-wembley/

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Huge club, couldn't get close to selling out Wembley allocation. Well over 7,000 seats left empty, 2,000 handed back so Brighton fans could have more. The the sterling 550 tickets (there is no way he paid a penny for these, only reason it was him was to help his image + London school so people may actually turn up. Half time "so who do you really support?" "Arsenal" "Chelsea" "united" "Manchester United".

https://talksport.com/football/fa-c...ty-selling-fa-cup-semi-final-tickets-wembley/
On the flipside, they've 3 trips to London in 8 days. They've a potentially title-defining game away to Palace & a Champions League game versus Spurs in the immediate future, so given the ludicrous cost of travel, I don't blame the City away fans for prioritizing other games over this one.

(But yeah, the thing with the kids was funny :lol:)

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
On the flipside, they've 3 trips to London in 8 days. They've a potentially title-defining game away to Palace & a Champions League game versus Spurs in the immediate future, so given the ludicrous cost of travel, I don't blame the City away fans for prioritizing other games over this one.

It this were Liverpool or United, you bet your house this wouldn't have been an issue. Bear in mind they bring in more money than Liverpool and you realize how stupid this whole thing is.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
It this were Liverpool or United, you bet your house this wouldn't have been an issue. Bear in mind they bring in more money than Liverpool and you realize how stupid this whole thing is.
Liverpool & United both have enough fans in London to fill Wembley, never mind relying on traveling fans. City don't really have that yet.

El Zoido

Ahh, so this explains the story in the paper about Sterling giving a ticket to every pupil at the school he went to. They literally had so many left over they used it as a PR opportunity.

Christie

It feels like City are just missing that one marketable superstar to take them to the next level. They have signed plenty of great players, but they have never managed to sign their David Beckham.

Signing Ronaldo would have done wonders for them.

It's funny because they seem to be the opposite of PSG. PSG has Neymar and Mbappe, 2 guys who can easily be a talisman that can draw in the fans but they do not seem to have built a solid team. City on the other hand seem to have their team spine and philosopy sorted, but they are just missing the popular guy. Not sure if Pep can tolerate having a primma donna in his team though.

Jarman

I am not trying to have a go at you here but... You can tell you are not a regular at OT or aways. As a United fan to even get a ticket for Wembley you would have to hold a season ticket and have been to the reading & Derby game too in order to have a good chance. Same with the Tottenham game but been to other European away games and Palace you would have about a 1 in 20 chance in the ballot. It wouldn't matter that it was in London and the fact that these are 3 huge games is even less of an excuse. They genuinely are just a pretty small club And without the Manchester in their name the owners would have bought another project.

If that was United they could sell each of those stadiums out just to our fans with no problem whatsoever.

JohnnyKills

It feels like City are just missing that one marketable superstar to take them to the next level. They have signed plenty of great players, but they have never managed to sign their David Beckham.

Signing Ronaldo would have done wonders for them.

It's funny because they seem to be the opposite of PSG. PSG has Neymar and Mbappe, 2 guys who can easily be a talisman that can draw in the fans but they do not seem to have built a solid team. City on the other hand seem to have their team spine and philosopy sorted, but they are just missing the popular guy. Not sure if Pep can tolerate having a primma donna in his team though.
The problem is people know how fake and pointless it is.

There's no romance or jeopardy to the story. They were shit, got given unlimited money by a dodgy regime, now they're really good. Not exactly going to make a ride out of that at Disney World are they?

I guess a lot of young lads are starting to support City, but maybe it'll be a few years before they get old enough to go to games.

matt23

Wonder if their accountants got creative and 'sold' all those free tickets.

GeorgieBoy

Manchester is blue??

City is the second least popular team of the current PL Top6.

Worldwide, people actually want the scouse to win this 18-19 league.
Spurs have a bigger UK fanbase than City. City are the smallest club of the 'Big 6' quite comfortably.

FujiVice

Cant they just by fans? Get a bunch of homeless people (there's loads of them sadly) and give them 20 quid each to sit in Wembely yelling "go on Reggy Sterling. You're my fav, mate."

gibers

If they win the quintuple, I'm sorry to say it would be the greatest single season a club has had that I can remember in terms of trophy haul. Would rather they win the lot than Pool win anything.

JohnnyKills

City have some really good fans and they deserve to enjoy this period. But it must seem really hollow at times.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I am not trying to have a go at you here but... You can tell you are not a regular at OT or aways. As a United fan to even get a ticket for Wembley you would have to hold a season ticket and have been to the reading & Derby game too in order to have a good chance. Same with the Tottenham game but been to other European away games and Palace you would have about a 1 in 20 chance in the ballot. It wouldn't matter that it was in London and the fact that these are 3 huge games is even less of an excuse. They genuinely are just a pretty small club And without the Manchester in their name the owners would have bought another project.

If that was United they could sell each of those stadiums out just to our fans with no problem whatsoever.
Tbf it would be weird for a Liverpool fan to be a regular at OT.

Jarman

Tbf it would be weird for a Liverpool fan to be a regular at OT.
Good point didn't notice that, and now completely makes sense why he was talking such shite (happy to offend now that I know who he supports).

burnageboy

Supports
Man City

I have no problem with all the Emptihad banter and not being able to sell out our allocation for a semi final, but your statement that Stirling did not pay for the 550 tickets is uninformed ignorance and spouting your kind of quote is dangerous. Firstly, this has nothing to do with Stirling helping his own image. Stirling, like many top players at many clubs, are consistently making significant contributions to their own personal choice of charities and other supportive organisations and these players do not look for or seek any kind of external gratification. I know this as I work at the Christie Hospital Trust and witness first hand so many incredibly generous contributions by way of money and time, from so many players both from the red and blue sides of manchester. Working in this sector allows me to hear about many other amazing contributions from football players all over the country. In the case of Stirling and the 550 tickets, 100% confirmed that he paid full price for all the tickets from the basic price for Under 16s, for which many were in this bracket, but also across all the various categories from Cat 5 up to basic Club Wembley. This was a big story and it was bound to get out and in fact it was the school itself that issued a press release about this amazing gesture which is why the story came out and became public.

So, rather than put out unfounded, ignorant and biased statements, just wind your neck and and accept that Stirling made a genuine gesture to his old school in a deprived part of London.

Judas

Open to offers
Sterling doesn't even have a bad image to sort out? Typical disgusting tabloids have it in for him for absolutely no reason. Majority of people have no issue with him.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Leave @Tommy be he's a closet City fan but a nice bloke.
At least I can sing "we're gonna win the league" and be right in one way or another :D

City are a small club on steroids, yeah I get it, but I still feel for working class fans. I don't see what's weird about that.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
At least I can sing "we're gonna win the league" and be right in one way or another :D

City are a small club on steroids, yeah I get it, but I still feel for working class fans. I don't see what's weird about that.
In fairness, modern football is basically trying to push most working class fans out of being able to go to top level games. It's hard for everyone.

I find it hard to feel bad for City ones in particular though, as a result of their club being such despicable trash and the fact they're getting to cheer on their hollow success all the time. I'm obviously far from neutral on that issue though so hey ho.

Jarman

I have no problem with all the Emptihad banter and not being able to sell out our allocation for a semi final, but your statement that Stirling did not pay for the 550 tickets is uninformed ignorance and spouting your kind of quote is dangerous. Firstly, this has nothing to do with Stirling helping his own image. Stirling, like many top players at many clubs, are consistently making significant contributions to their own personal choice of charities and other supportive organisations and these players do not look for or seek any kind of external gratification. I know this as I work at the Christie Hospital Trust and witness first hand so many incredibly generous contributions by way of money and time, from so many players both from the red and blue sides of manchester. Working in this sector allows me to hear about many other amazing contributions from football players all over the country. In the case of Stirling and the 550 tickets, 100% confirmed that he paid full price for all the tickets from the basic price for Under 16s, for which many were in this bracket, but also across all the various categories from Cat 5 up to basic Club Wembley. This was a big story and it was bound to get out and in fact it was the school itself that issued a press release about this amazing gesture which is why the story came out and became public.

So, rather than put out unfounded, ignorant and biased statements, just wind your neck and and accept that Stirling made a genuine gesture to his old school in a deprived part of London.
First of all... please Learn to spell the players name!!

Clearly you have "no problem with emptihad banter" with that response. The fact that you had thousands of empty seats just days before the game had nothing to do with this sudden selfless act? How would he even know there were all these empty seats unless the club approached him "Oi sterling, we don't really have many fans so we are gonna buy all these seats in your name. Don't worry we will pay the money back to you through one of our dodgy image rights companies so everyone thinks it's you and we even bypass a bit of FFP too. Win, win, win". Plus it definitely helps with his image and gets the positive press after so much negativity that he receives.

P.s I can't say where I work but I know for a fact that he did not pay for the tickets. I think it is very dangerous for you to believe everything you read in newspapers and incredibly ill informed to believe ANYTHING your club releases in press statements.

Christie

The problem is people know how fake and pointless it is.

There's no romance or jeopardy to the story. They were shit, got given unlimited money by a dodgy regime, now they're really good. Not exactly going to make a ride out of that at Disney World are they?

I guess a lot of young lads are starting to support City, but maybe it'll be a few years before they get old enough to go to games.
Nobody cares. Would you make a ride out of Woody's promised Disneyland club given what we have experienced over the past 3/4 of a decade?

It's football. A bunch of guys kicking a ball about making millions. Nobody is watching for the Disneyland story. It's not like we are trying to rebuild our team organically, everyone is telling Woody to throw millions at Ole and back him up instead of telling him to build from ground up.

Once they signed their Ronaldo, fans will pack the stadium and people will start watching them just like they are doing now for Juve.

The challenge for them is to find a way to get around FFP to do it, and whether Pep can integrate such a player without spoiling his system.

I have much more confidence in them getting there than us.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

This is the whole point.

They don't have enough fans, it's the same group of fans going to all these games so of course they don't have enough money to go to every game.

The owners really made a big mistake choosing City as their project, they should have gone for a much better supported club, like, say, Newcastle or Everton.

If you look at PSG, it is the major club in Paris and they are always going to have plenty of fans to go around.

Fluctuation0161

Its basic PR mate. The whole thing your club is being funded for. Learn about it.