The Missing Martial thread

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

Thank you all for your posts. My little Swan is fine, for the mom it was harder but thanks to God she's better now. Sorry but my family will always come first... Back tomorrow in Manchester

Kapardin

Lukaku cutting short his holiday to be fit for the Leicester game should serve as a lesson to Martial if he needs it.

He's done here. Remains to be seen if we can sell him soon enough and buy a RW with that money. Probably not of course.

JohnnyKills

That's basically what it's devolved into,the people who swear loyalty on a man who had Paul Pogba benched for 2 knockout CL ties attacking any and everyone not willing to lap up whatever venom they have reserved for the scapegoat du-jour

They're like amoeba attacking cells and the cells are anyone that Jose has an issue with.
Haha well put.

cyberman

Thank you all for your posts. My little Swan is fine, for the mom it was harder but thanks to God she's better now. Sorry but my family will always come first... Back tomorrow in Manchester
This better be true or its a new low in the fight for public perception.

JohnnyKills

He got us 2nd place in the league last season. The highest league position since SAF left us.
How many points off the winner? 20?

If Mourinho is as good a manager as his supporters claim that's not good enough.

Denis79

Martial became our most important player at the age of 20, he was the shining light in any abysmal season and looked destined for big things. Prompting to creation of this laughable thread on here.

Problematically for Martial he also bought into his own hype, thinking he had a position locked down in the side. Obviously whenever there is a change of manager, you have to work hard to earn their trust. Mourinho trusted him with a place in the XI at the beginning of his tenure but eventually things went south. To his credit he worked very hard to earn a place back in the side last season but gave up after losing his place in the side after January. I don't understand why people lay into Sanchez for Martial's poor form since January. At a top club, you have to constantly prove you deserve a place in the side. You just can't sit back and think I don't need more competition for my place. This is why its baffling why so many support Martial's poor attitude. Even if they were to get their wish and we hire a gung-ho attacking manager, Martial would sulk if he was dropped due to bad performance/form. He just doesn't want to compete for his place because he thinks he's good enough to play regularly for a top side.

I don't see him succeeding at top clubs because there will always be competition for your place, he's going to end up like a big fish in a small pond.
I see Martial in the same way you do. He has talent but his ego is way bigger and doesn't have the mentality to become a player at the absolute top.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Start of Mourinho's second season he said after Martial's poor season the season before he said:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rtial-happier-manchester-united-jose-mourinho

Martial said similar in an interview at the same time, so both him and Mourinho put down his poor form in Martial's second season to him being unhappy.
Yeah I think everybody understood that his personal life was affecting his performances that season.
Since then, Mourinho hasn't mentioned his attitude or mood or anything, i'm guessing? I haven't seen anything at least.

It really is ridiculous how easy it is to hope onto a bandwagon.

Great tweet from him! Think he can still turn this around.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Martial has kept his word from tweets. There's a small bit of hope that he makes the RW his own. He has all the attributes for it, but for some reason he can't get his head around it.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13

And there you go.

@ash_86 he just tweeted pretty much exactly what you said he should.

Last edited:

R'hllor

Sometimes it looks this whole Martial thing on CAF has nothing to do with Martial more like how one group see Martial as weapon in hands of another group. Dont remember being this bad before Sanchez joined.

Martial was in good form in that period, Sanchez came and he was shafted on right, his performance dropped and after that, one group saw Martial as beating stick vs JM in a hands of those who had issue with. Somehow Martial, day by day became an enemy.

Truth is regardless of current situation, after joining, Sanchez by his performances on the left on the pitch didnt deserve a single minute more then Martial during 2nd half of the season. Dont care about this one side vs other, i just cant stand that shit and have issue with it.

RedDevilUnited369

So clearly there was health issues with the mother of his child. And the club would have known all about it meaning Jose just likes the media mayhem instead of just giving a straight answer.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
So any title challenger’s manager, outside of Pep, is not good enough?
Come on that’s not the point he was making. 20 points off is a whole different world to being actually in a race and looking on a similar level to the team that wins.

City had a freak season last year, if we don’t compete with them more seriously this year then questions will asked, and answered.

Art Vandelay

Why should he wait & play 3rd position striker & 2nd LW - he is better than that. He has absolutely no experience as a RW & I bet he just wants to play as a striker again - the same way de bryune & Lukaku wanted to play football the way they loved or like Salah - just an opportunity to play football without being dropped - a chance to build form.
He should play those roles because those are the roles he's earned. He's not better than that, if he was better than that he wouldn't be in those roles. He's a kid that's not earned his place, he's not a seasoned striker shunted onto the wing. You can keep trying to convince yourself it's all Mourinho's fault if you want, but he's been given chances and this is where he's at. He can deal with it or he can go if we get the right offer.

AR87

Truth is regardless of current situation, after joining, Sanchez by his performances on the left on the pitch didnt deserve a single minute more then Martial during 2nd half of the season.
Truth is none of Sanchez, Martial or Rashford did much to make the starting LW spot their own over the 2nd half of the season. Still, in that time both Sanchez against City and Tottenham in the FA Cup semi and Rashford against Liverpool did more to earn minutes than Martial did.

It was quite irritating that Sanchez was seemingly gifted that position, but his competition did little to dislodge him when they got chances either.

Jojo <3 Mou

So clearly there was health issues with the mother of his child. And the club would have known all about it meaning Jose just likes the media mayhem instead of just giving a straight answer.
Why do we always have to find someone to hate or blame.

Mourinho said that he 'doesn't know' whether Martial will be back with the group when Man Utd get back to England. Simple answer, not confirming or denying anything.

If you read too much into that fairly simple quote then you are to be blamed for having an overactive imagination. Because, he truly said nothing.

arnie_ni

If jose new the mother has complications and still criticized him publicly i would just pack my bags if i was martial, and id fire him if i was woodward.

Can't believe the man would actually do that again... if he knew

Eriku

Come on that’s not the point he was making. 20 points off is a whole different world to being actually in a race and looking on a similar level to the team that wins.

City had a freak season last year, if we don’t compete with them more seriously this year then questions will asked, and answered.
Fair enough, I was probably reading the wrong intent behind that quote. Though it has to be said, even if we had been good enough we would struggle to be within touching distance of Pep’s City and their freakish points haul last season.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Seems like a lot of people on the Cafe have never heard of the phrase ‘innocent until proven guilty’, which doesn’t bode well for the justice system if they get called up to do jury service.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The funny thing is Mourinho never even accused him of going awol. Just said he didn't know when he would return. You guys have just been slaughtering him for nothing.

Big Andy

Bloke
Jose said "I don't know" when asked about Martial Returning. If both are in sync and he knows when Martial is returning, he might have just said that. It clearly does not looks like the case. It does look like he's AWOL. It would'nt be a breach of contract if he says like "Thanks for the wishes, back to training soon" without hinting at the manager. Would directly make Jose's claim baseless.
If Martial’s missus had complications then maybe Martial himself didn’t know for sure when he’d be back...

Smores

Called it (kinda), not sure we'd have been allowed to disclose a third parties health issues.

Rockets Redglare

It isn’t Mourinho’s place to tell the media anything about the private lives of any of his players.
If Jose slated Martial or told the media why he wasn’t coming back yet and then something happened to his partner he’d be called worse than shit, he literally can’t win on here.

R'hllor

Truth is none of Sanchez, Martial or Rashford did much to make the starting LW spot their own over the 2nd half of the season. Still, in that time both Sanchez against City and Tottenham in the FA Cup semi and Rashford against Liverpool did more to earn minutes than Martial did.

It was quite irritating that Sanchez was seemingly gifted that position, but his competition did little to dislodge him when they got chances either.
Oh you mean when he scored 2 vs our arch rivals for 2:1 victory and then as reward, he got shafted 2/3 days later on the right because Sanchez vs Sevilla. Great i know.

haram

Now just train hard and be ready for Leicester.

fallengt

Jose said "I don't know" when asked about Martial Returning. If both are in sync and he knows when Martial is returning, he might have just said that. It clearly does not looks like the case. It does look like he's AWOL. It would'nt be a breach of contract if he says like "Thanks for the wishes, back to training soon" without hinting at the manager. Would directly make Jose's claim baseless.
Or he could've just said "Martial with his family I don't know when he will return but United respect his privacy & wish Anthony the best" etc..

FFS he created a story out of nothing himself instead of going for the most obvious rational answer. And Mourinho apologists think Media alsway misquote him to make everything look bad.

Last edited:

edcunited1878

If jose new the mother has complications and still criticized him publicly i would just pack my bags if i was martial, and id fire him if i was woodward.

Can't believe the man would actually do that again... if he knew
Jose said "I don't know" when he was asked. Then the press and too many people took what they wanted and came to their half conclusions or conclusions. When personal matters like this come into play, the general public should just let it be and let it play itself out. But because we're in such a pervasive in the now, in the know, whether or not it's completely the truth without proper context generation, it gets so messy and it's sad.

The media doesn't help, social media trolls don't help, agenda seeking people don't help, etc. Everyone wants to sell something whether it's clicks, themselves or boost their ego.

This situation has been a shitstorm because of the media and so many lapping up a simple "I don't know" answer from Jose.

ti vu

You have the point. The poster brought up 20 point difference is not.

Nobody claimed we were challenging. However, City point tally is record breaking for a reason. It's clearly not the norm.

City was 15 point off a record short Chelsea in 16-17. They finished with 78 points in that season. So they were very short from the record they eventually set the following season, yet nobody really wrote them off going into the new season because they were x point from position of challenging in previous season.

Or he could've just said "Martial with his family I don't know when he will return but United wish him the best" etc..

FFS he created a story out of nothing himself instead of going for the most obvious rational answer. And Mourinho apologists think Media alsway misquote him to make everything look bad.
Media: "Martial is leaving"

Try to read what you said. If you want to twist it which the press love to, it's even easier.

Last edited:

Cloud7

The funny thing is Mourinho never even accused him of going awol. Just said he didn't know when he would return. You guys have just been slaughtering him for nothing.
Yup. I alluded to as much in a previous post where I said that I was sure that Martial and Mourinho were in contact with each other, and that they both would have been aware of what was going on, and Mourinho was likely speaking out of frustration than anything else, rather than directly attacking Martial.

I was then promptly bombarded with responses about how unprofessional Martial is, how he’s disappointing the manager, how the poster in question wants to have extra holidays but can’t, so why should Martial get it and that I must live a sheltered life for believing that there was nothing wrong with Martial taking a few extra days for something related to the birth of his child, now there seems that there was a reason for it.

Some of the aggression shown against Martial is absolutely disgusting, just as much as some of the aggression shown against Mourinho is disgusting.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
This lad needs to be sold and we move on. I don't believe for one second that complications with the mother of his child, stopped him from returning to the US.

Bin him, his heart is not in the club. Sanchez's arrival tipped his toys out the pram.

I hate cheeky, overpaid, spoiled kids.

buckooo1978

wait and see what the story is.....

if Mourinho knew and made his passive aggressive comments he should be sacked

it would be a deplorable act to put pressure on Martial to return given the situation

Smores

Or he could've just said "Martial with his family I don't know when he will return but United wish him the best" etc..

The manager or club don't have to break the lads privacy because you want a clearer answer.

Wish people would grow up with this apologist bollocks. You wouldn't use that language in real life would you because you'd be embarrassed to do so as an adult

Lemansky

wait and see what the story is.....

if Mourinho knew and made his passive aggressive comments he should be sacked

it would be a deplorable act to put pressure on Martial to return given the situation
He should be sacked? Come on. The drama in here is intense at times.

cyberman

Or he could've just said "Martial with his family I don't know when he will return but United respect his privacy & wish Anthony the best" etc..

Jose already said he went home for the birth!
Its funny looking back that a I don't know spawned stories of 180k fines with Martial going AWOL.
A bit cheeky to aim this at Jose apologists