g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The Missing Martial thread

liamp

Using this as a dig at Martial is a bit shitty.

Considering Martial's wife had health issues and all.

But do you, man.
It's pretty clever. Look at the replies...more than a few folks took the bait.

Jones' wife gave birth on May 31. He took a week off and was back to play the Costa Rica match on 6/7. The World Cup ended on 7/15 and he returned late last week...I'm not sure how many days he cut his vacation short by but it's not like he sacrificed weeks. I appreciate his sacrifice both as an Englishman and as a United supporter, but the situations aren't particularly comparable.

PepsiCola

Is that true? Sorry missed it if it’s true.
Yeah, he was forced to clarify on twitter when the whole thing blew up.

I don't blame you for missing it. The whole things been a circus, if I'm honest.

Can't wait for the season to start. Hopefully a good result against Leicester so everyone can focus on the football again!

Quinzaine

- Open thread.
- See people agreeing that swapping Martial with Morata would be a good thing.
- Leave thread.

Listar

What are the odds that after the double training sessions, Martial is going to start against Leicester and ripping them apart, scoring 3 and assisting 5?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
What are the odds that after the double training sessions, Martial is going to start against Leicester and ripping them apart, scoring 3 and assisting 5?
For this bit alone there's probably better odds of Shaw starting regularly for United after Young's returned to fitness - so not likely.

Jose Meltdown Incoming

- Open thread.
- See people agreeing that swapping Martial with Morata would be a good thing.
- Leave thread.
The majority of fans are total fecking morons though.

There were people saying Rooney would come good with just a bit more time, right up until we punted him to Everton. It took them a matter of weeks to realise he was garbage.