The Missing Martial thread

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Am I understanding this correctly? Theres been complications with both baby and mother and Mourinho still made that passive agressive comment? If this is true then he should be ashamed of himself, family always comes first in any fecking sport or whatever the hell it is and he should have been in contact with Martial to make sure everything was ok. Thats the difference between SAF and this guy when it comes to man management. When Ronaldos father was on his deathbed the first thing Sir Alex did was offer him his full support and tell him he could take as much time off as he wants, and this was in a crucial period of the season. Yet here we have a manager telling media martial should be here when his baby and the mother of his child was having birth complications, that really makes me sick.
Baby fine, mother not so good.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
It honestly fecks me off when i see a club like United letting its manager spout shit about Martial needing to return to training if Martial had this going on in the background. There is no way on earth i would even give a seconds thought to football if my partners health was in danger. Surely someone at the club would have known the situation. If Jose was aware of what was going on then he should fecking walk for being such a cnut and showing no support to a fellow human let alone staff member at the club.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Are you guys really that naive? He needed an excuse for going AWOL and he has delivered one that nobody can disprove.
He wasn't AWOL everyone knew where he went.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Am I understanding this correctly? Theres been complications with both baby and mother and Mourinho still made that passive agressive comment? If this is true then he should be ashamed of himself, family always comes first in any fecking sport or whatever the hell it is and he should have been in contact with Martial to make sure everything was ok. Thats the difference between SAF and this guy when it comes to man management. When Ronaldos father was on his deathbed the first thing Sir Alex did was offer him his full support and tell him he could take as much time off as he wants, and this was in a crucial period of the season. Yet here we have a manager telling media martial should be here when his baby and the mother of his child was having birth complications, that really makes me sick.
I don't think so, no. At this moment it's probably better to just be happy that the mother and baby are well and Tony is rejoining the squad.

Since the subject of childbirth seems to create a lot of emotional responses and we're not sure about what happened, maybe it's also important to keep this in mind for some perspective:

"Your delivery may have been complicated or easy. You may have had a cesarean birth (C-section) or vaginal delivery. You may have labored for a few hours or a few days. No matter what your delivery looked like, your body has been through a trauma just the same. It is going to need time to recover.

Your postpartum recovery won’t be just a few days. Fully recovering from pregnancy and childbirth can take months. While many women feel mostly recovered by 6-8 weeks, it may take longer than this to feel like yourself again. During this time, you may feel as though your body has turned against you. Try not to get frustrated. Remember that your body is not aware of your timelines and expectations. The best thing you can do for it is rest, eat well, and give yourself a break."
https://familydoctor.org/recovering-from-delivery/

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Passive aggressive? All he said was "I don't know".

BlueHaze

Baby fine, mother not so good.
Allright if thats the case then its completely understandable why he didn't return. Mourinho should have been aware of this when making that comment, and if he was and still did then he's a really weird person.

fallengt

What happened? Some journo asked Jose when Martial is back and he said he doesn't know.
That's it?
Jose also said" Martial should be here with the team". Turn out his gf wasn't doing so good.

There was definitely miscommunication somewhere

Kag

Are you guys really that naive? He needed an excuse for going AWOL and he has delivered one that nobody can disprove.
Most people live in a rational world in which people claim that their family are unwell and they take them at their word.

spiriticon

I'm sure all Martial had to do is to phone Mourinho saying his wife is ill and he needs to stay in Paris a bit longer?

Not sure wtf happened here

The issue here is not Martial taking time off, but rather that Mourinho (the boss) doesn't know where Martial (the employee) is.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
So when Mourinho said Martial should have been with team, he presumably didn't know there were complications with Martial's girlfriend?
Either grab a pitchfork or move the feck along. This isn't the place for sensible speculation.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
He wasn't AWOL everyone knew where he went.
Absent without Leave has nothing to do with knowing a location. The boy acted badly.

Nobody can convince me that the manager knew the situation and that is the fault of the Martial.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
I'm sure all Martial had to do is to phone Mourinho saying his wife is ill and he needs to stay in Paris a bit longer?

Not sure wtf happened here

The issue here is not Martial taking time off, but rather that Mourinho (the boss) doesn't know where Martial (the employee) is.
I wouldn't mind betting that Martial dropped off the radar. He wants away, let him go.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I’d always be wary of hyper-analysing the exact words that Mourinho uses, because as much as he is completely fluent in English and very charismatic when he wants to be, his vocabulary isn’t that wide and he makes a lot of choices that betrays the fact that he is speaking in a second language.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
I didn't say that it was

"Anthony Martial has the baby and after the baby is born - beautiful baby, full of health, thank God - he should be here and he is not here.”

Jose Mourinho waiting for Anthony Martial's return...

More: https://t.co/HFLebEg88D https://t.co/7Tr6bXdhh9

this was passive aggressive and what I was referring to.

This was the quote that prompted every troll going to attack Martial for not being professional. Read some of the comments about Martial as a result of this quote and put yourself in his shoes. Martial with a sick girlfriend and those quotes abusing him.

As I said l would wait and see what the truth is. if it turned out Mourinho knew she was quite ill and in distress or whatever and still had a pop I'd sack him. Not for this one incident but for 18 months of poor management
No disrespect to anyone, but who told you that she was 'quite ill'?

If Martial's GF was indeed having some real complications and Jose knew about it, then it's really really bad from Jose to say that Martial should be back already. But if Jose didn't know about her health condition, then I won't blame him for his comments. We only had Sanchez to play upfront and Jose was counting on Martial for the Leicester match. So, his comments are understandable from that point of view.

But, I am a bit confused on what Martial really meant by 'it was harder for the mother'. Obviously, even a normal delivery is really hard and very very painful for the mother. If there was further complications for her, then what he did is absolutely right; i actually respect him for that. But as of now, I am just not so sure if she really had some complications or is Martial trying to calm things down with that tweet after seeing the fans turning on him.

As I said, not disrespecting anyone. I am a father of 2 who perfectly understands the stress, pain and issues that could come with pregnancy and delivery. And I am happy that Martial's baby and GF is fine and healthy.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

I only really saw Jose kicking off about Martial on the post match tv interview on MUTV, did he say anything else or was it just that little dig at he and Smalling because I’m guessing he really didn’t know the whole story. Jose is a family man and I really can’t see him being that inconsiderate that he would say these things unless he didn’t know.

Either that or he really is a monster.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Really? Why did the boy take so long to explain his absence? He gets paid a lot of money to be professional, he wasn't.
I don't know, but I'm not going to assume he is lying about something like this.

pltan

Mourinho knew Martial’s baby was born in good health....And yet somehow he didn’t get the message that the mother had complications, which required more time off from Martial? Something doesn’t add up.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Really? Why did the boy take so long to explain his absence? He gets paid a lot of money to be professional, he wasn't.
There's more important things in life than work, it was probably the last thing on his mind. If i was in that situation i would be the same.

fallengt

David Silva, Nathaniel Clyde had some complications with their childs as well, somehow only United made the drama out it, I wonder whose fault is it.
Jesus. "They have our support. We respect their privacy & wish them the best" how hard could it be for an answer?

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Mourinho knew Martial’s baby was born in good health....And yet somehow he didn’t get the message that the mother had complications, which required more time off from Martial? Something doesn’t add up.
Complications don't have to start immediately after birth, could of been the next day.

Kostur

海尔的老板
David Silva, Nathaniel Clyde had some complications with their childs as well, somehow only United made the drama out it, I wonder whose fault is it.
Jesus. "They have our support. We respect their pricavy wish them the best" how hard could it be for an answer?
Nope.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
I don't know, but I'm not going to assume he is lying about something like this.
It doesn't take a lot of working out. He wants away.

I suspect, he has been told, through his agent, by the club, to get his backside back.

Pastore27

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Mourinho always blames the players when anything goes wrong.
He feels the season's beginning could be complicated with the late returns from the WC, seems he already found his scapegoat.

ti vu

Jesus. "They have our support. We respect their privacy & wish them the best" how hard could it be for an answer?
The question is whether the info about complication is made known prior?

If there were nothing happened, "They have our support. We respect their privacy & wish them the best" would be a very confusing message, as if parting message.

Drama is what the media and many of so called fans did.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
There's more important things in life than work, it was probably the last thing on his mind. If i was in that situation i would be the same.
Yep, I get your drama.

I suspect he forgot to tell his manager the reasons for being AWOL. This and only this, is the issue.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think that people are not taking everything into account or maybe I missed something. Mourinho was asked about a specific timeline and it's totally possible that he didn't knew about it because it wasn't dependent on Martial or the club, but in this case his girlfriend's health. As for the tone, in the same press conference he delivered the information that Lukaku, Rashford and an other player were coming back sooner as if he was announcing a terrible news, I suspect that he is just fed up with press conferences and would like to be anywhere but in front of journalists.

buckooo1978

No disrespect to anyone, but who told you that she was 'quite ill'?

If Martial's GF was indeed having some real complications and Jose knew about it, then it's really really bad from Jose to say that Martial should be back already. But if Jose didn't know about her health condition, then I won't blame him for his comments. We only had Sanchez to play up top and Jose was counting on Martial for the Leicester match. So, his comments are understandable from that point of view.

But, I am a bit confused on what Martial really meant by 'it was harder for the mother'. Obviously, even a normal delivery is really hard and very very painful for the mother. If there was further complications for her, then what he did is absolutely right; i actually respect him for that. But as of now, I am just not so sure if she really had some complications or is Martial trying to calm things down with that tweet after seeing the fans turning on him.

As I said, not disrespecting anyone. I am a father of 2 who perfectly understands the stress, pain and issues that could come with pregnancy and delivery. And I am happy that Martial's baby and GF is fine and healthy.
I'd just wait and see what the story is

after complicated births myself I understand the stress this causes and the last thing any one would be thinking of would be jetting off to America for a couple of friendlies

who knows what the situation is - better to wait and the truth will come out