The Missing Martial thread

Skills

Snitch
So when Mourinho said Martial should have been with team, he presumably didn't know there were complications with Martial's girlfriend?
This I want to know the answer to. Mourinho has one way or another fueled this into a toxic situation, giving his **** a reason to slaughter one of our players who it now turns out was going through some personal issues.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
If you can’t disprove it then don’t try to.
I spent my working life proving and disproving. I am certainly not trying to here.

I think it is absolutely clear the boy wants away and has little or no respect for his manager. Get rid of him.

Simples.

fallengt

The question is whether the info about complication is made known prior?

If there were nothing happened, "They have our support. We respect their privacy & wish them the best" would be a very confusing message, as if parting message.

Drama is what the media and many of so called fans did.
Parental leave shouldn't be something to be aired publicly. Somehow it found a way to the headline of fake news network.

Last edited:

Canagel

Mourinho knew Martial’s baby was born in good health....And yet somehow he didn’t get the message that the mother had complications, which required more time off from Martial? Something doesn’t add up.
Yep. We need to wait to hear more on this. Surely he must've been told there were complications?

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
This I want to know the answer to. Mourinho has one way or another fueled this into a toxic situation, giving his **** a reason to slaughter one of our players who it now turns out was going through some personal issues.
I am struggling to believe this is the caf.

Are you saying you believe Mourinho to be the offender in all of this?

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
I'd just wait and see what the story is

after complicated births myself I understand the stress this causes and the last thing any one would be thinking of would be jetting off to America for a couple of friendlies

who knows what the situation is - better to wait and the truth will come out
Yep, me too. Anyway, something doesn't add up with this. But we don't know exactly what happened. So, I am going to wait and see before pointing fingers on anyone.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Yep, me too. Anyway, something doesn't add up with this. But we don't know exactly what happened. So, I am going to wait and see before pointing fingers on anyone.
Really?

Why do the sensible thing instead of getting your panties in a twist and jumping to all sorts of conclusions like everyone else?

kbbear

Our P/R teams needs an overhaul. The club should issue a statement saying all is well and no fine will be made. How Jose and the club have made a big drama about a guy Jose doesn't want is beyond me. Why make out like Martial is causing problems but expect big money for him when we sell him? All potential buyers now fully know how desperate we are to sell and will make some low offers. We used to bee seen as compassionate club.

SirAF

Ageist
There's more important things in life than work, it was probably the last thing on his mind. If i was in that situation i would be the same.
Nonsense, surley someone in his entourage would have the wits about them to contact his employer to explain why he was AWOL? He was in the right to stay with his girlfriend, of course, but pick up the phone!

spiriticon

There are only two outcomes here:

a) Mourinho is a dick

b) Martial is a dick

Both of which make United look like a fecking joke of a club. This summer can feck right off. Sick and tired of the season already

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Really?

Why do the sensible thing instead of getting your panties in a twist and jumping to all sorts of conclusions like everyone else?
This is a discussion forum and panty twisting is quite common. Discussion is quite normal and to have differing opinions, encouraged.

Edit: Incidentally, I am a huge fan of Martial on the pitch. I have no time, not one bit, for somebody that shows contempt for the Club.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
There are only two outcomes here:

a) Mourinho is a dick

b) Martial is a dick

Both of which make United look like a fecking joke of a club. This summer can feck right off. Sick and tired of the season already
It would be pretty extraordinary if Mourinho knew that Martial's girlfriend was unwell following childbirth but still expected him to be with the team. It would also be pretty extraordinary if Martial's girlfriend was actually fine and Martial has just lied about her being unwell as an excuse.

Whereas some form of miscommunication (either between Martial & Mourinho/United or between Mourinho/United & the media) would seem rather less extraordinary to me.

I would certainly hope (and assume) that the latter is the case.

Kag

It's possible to take Martial at his word (like any self respecting, non-sociopathic person would do) without lambasting Mourinho and jumping to wild and - in some cases - sickening conclusions based on football tribalism and agendas.

Like, be a normal bloody human.

EyeInTheSky

I'm talking about when he said "Martial should be here and is not" making it sound as if he just fecked off and didn't care.
He meant he should be here but he is not because he’s on leave. Not that “he should have come back but the miserable Cnut has gone awol” His clarification afterwards often gets missed for the obvious reasons. People still don’t get that the English nuances and grammar while good are not their.

ti vu

Drama is what it is. Parental leave shouldn't be something to be aired publicly. Somehow it found a way to the headline of fake news network.
And it's the club's fault? Which is it?

Are you working a public relation job? I saw your post about what club should do so I am curious. How many clubs? Do clubs always inform everyone about players relationship. who married who, how many children players have,when their bd are... and send message support the player's family when without player's consent?

Aloysius's Back 3

Jose is the worst - would be so 50/50 about his methods to convince his wife that he hasn't cheated.

Martial is clearly in the 'other' group vs us - can't imagine Lukaku getting treated that way publicly.

Baxter

Really? Why did the boy take so long to explain his absence? He gets paid a lot of money to be professional, he wasn't.
Why should he have to?

The fact he’s needed to go on Twitter to explain is a joke. Even if this was a purely a case of him wanting to go, just keep it private. I think Jose’s ambiguous statements did nothing but fuel the nonsense.

Last edited:

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
But emo a joke

Why should he have to?

The fact he’s needed to go on Twitter to explain is a joke. Even if this was a purely a case of him wanting to go, just keep it private. I think Jose’s ambiguous statements did nothing but fuel the nonsense.
The problem is, somebody has been fuelling his apparent want to get away, probably his agent. He then goes AWOL, according to his manager's (I agree ambiguous) comments.

It is difficult to believe his heart lies at the Club.

Steven Seagull

Club could’ve just explained this away by saying Martial has extended leave for personal reasons at the presser the other night.

This lad needs to be sold and we move on. I don't believe for one second that complications with the mother of his child, stopped him from returning to the US.

Bin him, his heart is not in the club. Sanchez's arrival tipped his toys out the pram.

I hate cheeky, overpaid, spoiled kids.
Arsehole

fallengt

And it's the club's fault? Which is it?
They should've said what I said "We don't know when he will return but we respect his family's privacy" or whatever buzzwords they could think of, not "Martial should be here with the team" because it implied there was something
Check the past few pages of this thread. The consensus were " Where is Martial" " Is he AWOL" " Martial is being unprofessional" "Anyone knows what going?".
Go on explain to me why the standard two weeks of parental leave in UK should be a subject to talk about. Who stirred up the pot in the first place? The club and Mourinho should've handled it better.

Are you working a public relation job? I saw your post about what club should do so I am curious. How many clubs? Do clubs always inform everyone about players relationship. who married who, how many children players have,when their bd are... and send message support the player's family when without player's consent?
Is that your ad hominem tactic? If you can't add anything value to the subject. Just leave

Last edited:

L1nk

The issue I find is that it's become a forum of tribalism and fanboy groups, it doesn't seem to be a lot about Manchester United FC now but rather big groups of Mourinho fanboys that drink in every word he's said, or the opposite who hate his guts and want him out. Martial FC boys, and get Martial out of my club boys. There's no common ground for the collective good of the club.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I am struggling to believe this is the caf.

Are you saying you believe Mourinho to be the offender in all of this?
I'm a long way from being a Mourinho hater, but of course he is the offender in this particular situation. Either he knew about the issues and made those comments anyway, in which case I (and all right thinking people) would take huge ethical issue with him, or (what I'm hoping) he didn't know about them. In that case it's not as bad, but he still shouldn't be making those comments about a player who has just had his baby born a matter of days beforehand. All kinds of things can happen in those few days.

Either way, Martial has now felt the need to tell the entire world something that only he, his family and their doctors really needed to know, simply to get the public off his back for something that every single one of them would have expected for themselves in the same situation.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's possible to take Martial at his word (like any self respecting, non-sociopathic person would do) without lambasting Mourinho and jumping to wild and - in some cases - sickening conclusions based on football tribalism and agendas.

I have been trying to do that but it's a lost battle, we apparently need a villain.

Frank Grimes

Think it would be fair to say Martial has fallen further behind Rashford in the pecking order now. Best thing we can do is grant Martial his wish to leave and get as much for him while we still can. He really is not worth all the fuss and fighting.

PepsiCola

The club's handling of this has been fecking amatuer.

To the club refusing to take questions and Mourinho having to pipe up with "I don't know". People complain about the media coverage, but Jose does himself no favours whatsoever. Hes a smart man and he knows what he's doing.

Its also fecking ridiculous people in here think Martial is fabricating this.

Clubs a mess. As is the fanbase.

The atmosphere and vibe of being a United fan in this day and age outright stinks.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Well it's good to know he hasn't gone AWOL. Needs to get back and work his butt off.

Don't know why Mourinho couldn't just say, Martial is dealing with a family issue and will be back but he can't say for certain when that might be as it depends on circumstances outside of everyone's hands? Or something to that effect.

I don't watch his press conferences so I hope he didn't give the impression that Martial just upped and left? That would be really bad...

In any case, I hope he keeps his head down and work his ass off.

Grande

It’s not half as (sickening) fun, though.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
Jose is the worst - would be so 50/50 about his methods to convince his wife that he hasn't cheated.

Martial is clearly in the 'other' group vs us - can't imagine Lukaku getting treated that way publicly.
There you are!!! Yes, Jose is the worst.

And if anything, Lukaku deserves more respect and recognition from the fans for what he has done for the club in the short period. Moreover, his attitude and willingness to help the team is examplary. Just saying..