The MMA thread

Oggmonster

I find the cast offs very interesting at an individual level. I loved watching both Rumble and Romero, as well as Moussasi, Anderson, Douglas Lima, Cyborg. They also have a lot of interesting characters from over the years like Paul Daley, MvP, Josh Barnett, Phil Davis, Fedor, Benson Henderson etc. Its beginning to get to the point where there's enough name recognition at Bellator for even more disaffected UFC fighters to leave.
Not gonna lie...you lost me with MVP!! ;)

I see what you mean but realistcally they need fighters for the future as well and to try and make it so UFC doesn't snatch them up.

Rumble is a bit of an unknown how he will return (could do a Gus and be a waste of time)
Romero is 43 going on 93
Daley is on the wind down
MVP fights are a waste of time
Barnett see Romero
Phil Davis is on the wrong side of 30
Fedor surely doesn't have long left
Benson Henderson again is in the well over 30s club.

I get that they can bring people up, the problem is they don't. They constantly rely on name recognition of the past and seemingly love mismatches and freakshow fights.

The above fighters for the large part would be used as a curtain opener in UFC (see JDS this past weekend) they mostly all main event Bellator fights and the prospects are forgotten about.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not gonna lie...you lost me with MVP!! ;)

I see what you mean but realistcally they need fighters for the future as well and to try and make it so UFC doesn't snatch them up.

Rumble is a bit of an unknown how he will return (could do a Gus and be a waste of time)
Romero is 43 going on 93
Daley is on the wind down
MVP fights are a waste of time
Barnett see Romero
Phil Davis is on the wrong side of 30
Fedor surely doesn't have long left
Benson Henderson again is in the well over 30s club.

I get that they can bring people up, the problem is they don't. They constantly rely on name recognition of the past and seemingly love mismatches and freakshow fights.

The above fighters for the large part would be used as a curtain opener in UFC (see JDS this past weekend) they mostly all main event Bellator fights and the prospects are forgotten about.
I prefer seeing many of these guys fight over some of the anonymous UFC fighters who populate a lot of the undercards. Obviously, the older they are (except Romero) the less interesting they become. I'm not particularly interested in watching Lyoto get clobbered by someone half his age, but I am very much interested in watching the likes of Rumble, Davis, and Moussasi in action.

Luke1995

Super pumped for Jose Aldo Vs Marlon Vera

That is going to be absolute fireworks! Also needless to say that Williams Vs Michel Pereira is must see TV

Not as excited for the main event, but it's definitely a good one. Picking Wonderboy

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Super pumped for Jose Aldo Vs Marlon Vera

That is going to be absolute fireworks! Also needless to say that Williams Vs Michel Pereira is must see TV

Not as excited for the main event, but it's definitely a good one. Picking Wonderboy
Rooting for Chito to send Aldo into retirement/bellator.

Also rooting for Pereira. That crazy motherfecker is way too much fun. And can fight as well. Hopefully he doesn't does a backflip into the fist of Khaos.

Neal/Wonderboy is a toss up for me. Can see it going either way. Rooting for the younger blood, Neal.

Luke1995

Rooting for Chito to send Aldo into retirement/bellator.

Also rooting for Pereira. That crazy motherfecker is way too much fun. And can fight as well. Hopefully he doesn't does a backflip into the fist of Khaos.

Neal/Wonderboy is a toss up for me. Can see it going either way. Rooting for the younger blood, Neal.
I'm brazilian so there's no way i'm going to root against Aldo hahaha but Chito is legit!

Yeah I can see Wonderboy outclassing him to the distance but also Neal can hit that 37 year old chin hard.

Also Moraes X Rob Font is the most underrated fight on the card. Would be surprised if it doesn't end with a finish

Luke1995

No discipline and love for food. He can't even make middleweight anymore (they are fighting at 195 catchweight).

He should be a welterweight max.
Yeah. Even then, he still can take these guys down. Imagine what he could do in a more natural weight class.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Aldo with a 5-minute body triangle. I consider the scoring a bit odd in this situation. I reckon if you’re in the dominant position but not doing anything with it you shouldn’t be accruing scoring points. It encourages negativity imho but that’s just my uneducated 2 cents

predator

Youth NITK
This card has been pretty shit if you ask me. Luckily 256 was incredible.

Pretty hard to call the main event. Going to go with a wonderboy to win by two in 3rd.

TrustInOle

Wonderboy is class. When he is flowing, it's a sight.
Agreed, and the most respectable fighter in the UFC in my opinion. Just wish he showed a little less of it during fights. At one point he caught Neal flush and immediately asked if he was ok :lol: Class apart.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Yeah he's somebody you won't mind the kids looking up to, which is a rare thing these days
You say that but I reckon he pisses his dad off :lol: When Wonderboy asked Neal, “are you alright to continue?”, I will bet my house that his dad said, “stop being so nice and fecking hit him!”:lol::lol::lol:

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
You say that but I reckon he pisses his dad off :lol: When Wonderboy asked Neal, “are you alright to continue?”, I will bet my house that his dad said, “stop being so nice and fecking hit him!”:lol::lol::lol:
Oh 2million%! ffs there's a time and place to be a nice guy and it's not in a cage with the guy you're trying to beat :lol:

That accidental collision of heads was unfortunate though, cut them both up.