The MMA thread

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Competitive fight but I'm really not sure that Cruz has retained his speed as per Rogan and DC.
I don’t think he had either. His movement was more predictable too and he left his head and neck as a sitting target.

In saying that, his experience got him through that last round well. The extra burst of strikes and takedown was enough to take it for me.

kidbob

Agree Cruz won it but please keep him away from the top. Yan would murder him without any cigs and beer.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
2 more and then onto 3 titles fights in a row.

Love these big events

Predictions from me is -

Yan by decision
Nunes by TKO
Adesanya by TKO

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
No he is significantly lower than peak Cruz
I don’t think he had either. His movement was more predictable too and he left his head and neck as a sitting target.

In saying that, his experience got him through that last round well. The extra burst of strikes and takedown was enough to take it for me.
Aye, deserved win but a diminished Cruz. I'm still struggling to decipher that weird post-fight call out :lol:

justboy68

Not the most risky picks but I'll go:

Santos by KO
Islam by decision
Yan by decision
Nunes by TKO
Adesanya by TKO

Rooting for Jan a bit though.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Rakic KO
Islam Decision
Yan Decision
Nunes Sub
Jan KO

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I think Raikic plays it smart next, and takes Santos down and keep him there for the whole duration of the fight. Or maybe even a submission/GnP finish.

kidbob

So I have to stick by my prediction but Thiago's knees are fecked. Nowhere near what he was in the lead up to the Jones fight.

Reditus

Both very tentative. For two fighters needing to make a statement its not enough

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Im not an expert an i havent followed his career woth attention

But every thiago santos fight ive seen is a borefest

kidbob

Both very tentative. For two fighters needing to make a statement its not enough
Thiago is nowhere near where he was before the injuries. I thought the Glover fight was just an ease in but unfortunately he's seemingly lost all explosiveness, which is what he had as a fighter. No crazy attacks like he used to have sadly.

kidbob

Im not an expert an i havent followed his career woth attention

But every thiago santos fight ive seen is a borefest
He used to be amazing before he blew out both knees. Crazy striking be had. Used to rush guys with mad kicks and punches.

Reditus

If ever a fight was needing fans in the arena

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Let’s hope the next fight is much more exciting.

kidbob

He won't be getting a title shot after that. But was a clear victory.
Hopefully Glover is the only title shot considered next. I actually kind of hate that Izzy moved up because LHW could be left in limbo with a new middleweight champ as the guy to beat while Rob is clearing out MW for Izzy.

God if Rob beats Costa and Izzy then beats Rob then there is no one. Just like FW where Max and Volk are so far ahead. I hate 'double champs' apart from Nunes who really earned it.

kidbob

I wish Leon had fought Wonderboy but, like him, I reckon he'd lose. Usman will reign for a long time I think.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Expecting this next one to be a poor match of styles with it being turned into a grapple fest and Makhachev to grind it out

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Hopefully Glover is the only title shot considered next. I actually kind of hate that Izzy moved up because LHW could be left in limbo with a new middleweight champ as the guy to beat while Rob is clearing out MW for Izzy.

God if Rob beats Costa and Izzy then beats Rob then there is no one. Just like FW where Max and Volk are so far ahead. I hate 'double champs' apart from Nunes who really earned it.
Don't fight it. Just go with the flow.

I dont see Dober can give much of a challenge to Makhachev next.