The MMA thread

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
My 1st fight if the night, a lot of blood on the mat. Looks like I missed some good stuff

Reditus

Jesus.

Landed on his head but fight still going but has to be over

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
I just turned the tv on for the event ive been waiting for months, and what a fight this one was. Great for karafrance, textbook bjj defense

kidbob

The guy was done but that was weird. Great defence by Kai on the ground. Solid top 8 fighter for me but has no real chance against the top without huge improvements.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
That mouth piece throw has to be included in the next UFC video game
For sure. Hold R2 and press X to throw mouth guard. If you miss, you take double damage with every headshot. If you connect, it's an instant knock down.

kidbob

Really goes to show how incredible MM was/is. The top 5-7 of flyweight are no where near what they were a few years ago apart from Davideson and he reigned over that, and never clearly lost the belt (if Jone beat Reyes then Cejudo lost to Johnson). I can't imagine the likes of Kai or Royval having anything for prime MM, Benevidez, Perez or Hiroguchi.

Dana fecked the division to sign a wrestler with no knees left. Money first, quality later.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Hard to know what Benevidez can do now. He was so far away from Figuereido that it was hard to watch. A loss here tonight just confirms that a title is never going to happen for him.

He is really unfortunate to have spent his prime years behind Mighty Mouse, but it’s hard to see where he goes from here.

kidbob

Sad to see Benavidez like this, maybe the best fighter to never win the title in his prime, but he's washed. Askarov looks good but not theat to Figeurido in my opinion. DJ would still be champ here, for me, even if Cejudo was around. If you haven't guessed it yet then DJ is the GOAT, by far the most complete MMA fighter ever. Just in case any of the idiots that hate the flyweights are in doubt because they stupidly believe they could win a fight against them. No other champion has ever excelled at every aspect of MMA like DJ has. He is basically Messi, Ronaldo, Buffon, Maldini and Nesta rolled into one.

kidbob

Hard to know what Benevidez can do now. He was so far away from Figuereido that it was hard to watch. A loss here tonight just confirms that a title is never going to happen for him.

He is really unfortunate to have spent his prime years behind Mighty Mouse, but it’s hard to see where he goes from here.
Retire to his beautiful wife I hope. Guy is a legend but it sucks to see him take damage like this and like you said he is too far away from Figuereido to have any hope. One of the best to never reach the summit for me.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Retire to his beautiful wife I hope. Guy is a legend but it sucks to see him take damage like this and like you said he is too far away from Figuereido to have any hope. One of the best to never reach the summit for me.
I feel for him, like you said, it’s hard to think of better names to never have won the title. It’s done though.

It would be great if he would retire to his stunning wife and enjoy the life he has built, but I imagine he will stay around, spinning the wheels and taking more damage.

Reditus

Probably 29-28 to Phillips

But that 2nd round was closer than Rogan is suggesting

kidbob

Want do we think next? Is Cruz done or is there still levels to this? No shame in losing to Cejudo, so I'm not sure. One thing I'm sure of is that injuries stopped us from seeing a real GOAT in prime Cruz, amazing fighter for me.

Edit: the way he came back against TJ was incredible.

Reditus

Want do we think next? Is Cruz done or is there still levels to this? No shame in losing to Cejudo, so I'm not sure. One thing I'm sure of is that injuries stopped us from seeing a real GOAT in prime Cruz, amazing fighter for me.

Edit: the way he came back against TJ was incredible.
I don’t see Cruz ever getting back to title contender status but I do like him and hope he wins tonight

Reditus

Also guys, Casey Kenny was revealed to be a right arsehole a few weeks ago with his comments on Megan Anderson

Let’s hope for a nice beat down down

kidbob

I don’t see Cruz ever getting back to title contender status but I do like him and hope he wins tonight
Yeah same as. Incredible the amount of injuries he's had. Apparently he had an awful foot condition against TJ that meant he struggled to walk.

kidbob

Unfortunately Dom is washed. Doesn't have the speed for his style anymore. Unfortunate because he is an absolute innovator.