The MMA thread

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
What a punch! And some super necessary punches after to boot.

That was explosive

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
So, I’m glad I stayed up

fecking hell, what a great card

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
What is Herb Dean doing? He runs over but doesn't stop him, at least 2 of those punches are his fault.

Ladron de redcafe

Guess he won't be getting a call from his boy Trump tonight. :lol:
Usman must be absolutely loathed by the Trump boys. Breaking Colby's jaw and repeatedly knocking him down which resulted in Colby literally running away after their fight. Stiffining Masvidal and pretty much ending any drawing power he had left.

I wonder what else is left. If he does best Leon, then I really hope we can see a catch-weight fight between Usman and Khabib.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Kamaru Usman has to have one of the best jab/straights Ive ever seen in MMA. What a monster.

And that Rose head kick TKO?

Madness.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
So happy for Rose. She's been one of my favourites for a while now, but I always go into her fights fearing for her chances.

That leg break was sickening. I was worried about watching the replay, but after they showed the first one I thought I handled it okay. Then they showed the extended replay with the step back and I very nearly threw up. Nasty.

The Shevchenko and Usman fights were always going to go that way, but it's always nice to see dominant champions show exactly why they're the best.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Going from the very ugly Weidman injury to that gorgeous kick from Rose was something.

Oldyella

So happy for Rose. She's been one of my favourites for a while now, but I always go into her fights fearing for her chances.

That leg break was sickening. I was worried about watching the replay, but after they showed the first one I thought I handled it okay. Then they showed the extended replay with the step back and I very nearly threw up. Nasty.

The Shevchenko and Usman fights were always going to go that way, but it's always nice to see dominant champions show exactly why they're the best.
Same here for some reason.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Seen the fights now, some really great ones.
I was about to eat breakfast when the Weidman fight was starting.... safe to say i closed the tab down very quick, even if he is one of the fighters i like the least, that was a nasty watch!

What a headkick by Rose! Highlight for me, i only watched half the fights, but that was a lovely kick!

I don't get the Masvidal hate, i kinda like him, not sure why, but sad to see he lost, even if it was expected.

Very good card.

AgentSmith

Great card.

As clean a KO as you’ll see from Rose, ruthlessly efficient work by Valentina, and Usman fully humbled Masvidal - his jab is something else.

The noise and energy of the crowd definitely takes it to a different level but feck me was it surreal to see them in there. Packed out and screaming with not a mask in sight, almost made me feel a bit uneasy with what’s happening in India after major public gatherings although the vaccination rates aren’t comparable of course.

But nowhere near as uneasy as watching Weidman try to plant his broken leg on the ground, jeez. Ruined my morning croissant.

Valentina has to move up to fight Nunes next, no other fighter in either weight category is a match for either of them. Weili should get the rematch with Rose for a similar reason and then Usman should probably face Edwards next, Stockton slap depending, but Dana will push for the Colby rematch (which I’d be very happy with tbf).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The UFC is at a peculiar crossroads at the moment in that there really isn't much depth in many of the divisions.

Usman only has Covington and possibly Edwards as potential future competitors, after which I would imagine he sails off into the sunset. There is literally nothing going on in the women's divisions since the only two great fighters are in different divisions at a time when they should be fighting a third fight. Ngannou, Volkanovski, Adesanya, and Blachowicz don't really have much competition to deal with. The only interesting division remaining is LW, where there seem to be a fair few contenders as long as Khabib remains retired.

Last edited:

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
The UFC are at a peculiar crossroad at the moment in that there really isn't much depth in many of the divisions.

Usman only has Covington and possibly Edwards as potential future competitors, after which I would imagine he sails off into the sunset. There is literally nothing going on in the women's divisions since the only two great fighters are in different divisions at a time when they should be fighting a third fight. Ngannou, Volkanovski, Adesanya, and Blachowicz don't really have much competition to deal with. The only interesting division remaining is LW, where there seem to be a fair few contenders as long as Khabib remains retired.
Wonderboy?

Hmmm yeah i agree with you. Everybody likes wonderboy and hes a great fighter but usman is another kind of monster

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Street Judas getting baptized was amazing.

Happy for Rose.

Weidman injury nearly made me puke.

Bullet is different class.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Wonderboy?

Hmmm yeah i agree with you. Everybody likes wonderboy and hes a great fighter but usman is another kind of monster
Wonderboy is mid-tier at this point. Well over the hill at 38 to be making another push for a belt.

Last edited: