The MMA thread

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
What’s amazing about Khazmat is that he reminds me of Khabib in regards to his issues with making weight. He’ll get better.

Paxi

I’m Conor McGregor tonight. Well replace Buckfast with cocaine.

Paxi

Yeah, as long as he can make the cut safely, he should keep going. Imagine a title eliminator vs Vicente Luque or some shit like that. Or vs Colby.

I also want to see him at MW though.
Exactly mate. There is always so much speculation.

Would you agree in saying that weight cuts can affect performance? I mean it a fighter is just too big… …I’m not saying he’s going to move up and take over the division… …but maybe look like fighter?

redom

Chimaev will 100% want a title shot at 170 before moving up and I imagine he's only 1, maybe 2, more fights away from that with how he's dispatching people, I'd like to see him against either Burns or Chiesa next.

Paxi

Feel like Volkov would be a beast but something is missing

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Exactly mate. There is always so much speculation.

Would you agree in saying that weight cuts can affect performance? I mean it a fighter is just too big… …I’m not saying he’s going to move up and take over the division… …but maybe look like fighter?
yeah, definitely affects performance, but it varies fighter to fighter. They have to do the calculations and decide what's the best move.

For example, let's say a 75% Khabib (just speculating here), was enough to dominate lightweight, but maybe at his 100% at 170lbs, he wouldn't be as successfull against the top of the division.

Khamzat has shown he can crush low-mid level middleweights, so I'm definitely interested to see how he would do vs the top of the division. But hopefully, he does a full WW run first to see how far he goes.

Paxi

yeah, definitely affects performance, but it varies fighter to fighter. They have to do the calculations and decide what's the best move.

For example, let's say a 75% Khabib (just speculating here), was enough to dominate lightweight, but maybe at his 100% at 170lbs, he wouldn't be as successfull against the top of the division.

Khamzat has shown he can crush low-mid level middleweights, so I'm definitely interested to see how he would do vs the top of the division. But hopefully, he does a full WW run first to see how far he goes.
I agree with all of that. Excuse me for not replying a wall of text to you.

Makhachev is on top!

redom

Was hoping to see him tested more than that tbh, impressive though.

Paxi

Let Islam fight Tony… after that he’ll take Lightweight.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I know that Hooker is very popular but I don’t think he should be talked about among the very elite fighters.

He doesn’t really have a lot of names in his win column and has come up short anytime he has fought one of the really top fighters.

Entertaining and a lot of heart, but I don’t think he will ever be a champion.

Probably the wrong fight to mention this after, because he has just fought an absolute machine, but I have watched most of his UFC fights and it’s always been the impression I have come away with.

Paxi

I know that Hooker is very popular but I don’t think he should be talked about among the very elite fighters.

He doesn’t really have a lot of names in his win column and has come up short anytime he has fought one of the really top fighters.

Entertaining and a lot of heart, but I don’t think he will ever be a champion.

Probably the wrong fight to mention this after, because he has just fought an absolute machine, but I have watched most of his UFC fights and it’s always been the impression I have come away with.
He did get folded like a deck chair. He’s a good fighter though and he did get close to beating Poirier which just proves to you how this games is such small margines and how match-ups play their part.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He did get folded like a deck chair. He’s a good fighter though and he did get close to beating Poirier which just proves to you how this games is such small margines and how match-ups play their part.
Thats true, but I just never have confidence in him if he is going up against a fighter with a big reputation. He has a lot more “names” on his loss list than on his win list.

Oliveira has shown how it’s still possible to improve and evolve as a fighter well into your career, but I am not convinced he has what it takes at the very top level.

Paxi

Okay I’m just going to go and say it— I want Yan’s babies

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
It’s very close,

Far more competitive that the Aljo fight