The MMA thread

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
You think? I still think he takes him honestly, but we will never know.
Oliveira wouldn't be worried for his striking at least. Would be a great fight, and both guys are on their prime.

Maybe when he fights Mackhachev soon, it would give us an idea of what would have been . Although Islam has better striking than Khabib.

SirAnderson

Oliveira wouldn't be worried for his striking at least.

Maybe when he fights Mackhachev soon, it would give us an idea of what would have been . Although Islam has better striking than Khabib.
Yeah, will be a fascinating fight that. Oliveira would need to of course be much more versatile on the ground with Islam, what he does with other guys wouldn't work as easy on him.

SirAnderson

As amazing and logical as it would be, I think Khabib is all in with coaching and promoting Islam’s fights.
Yeah I also can't see it happening much as I would love it. He has nothing to prove, and after the death of he's dad, I think that was it for him also. But he's a brilliant coach as well, Islam carrying his legacy well so far.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Just take solace in the guy that lost 315k dollars betting on Nunes and you'll be fine. :lol:
Feel sorry for the guy....
It's easy to think that if you can gamble that amount of money, you already have too much money, but i think that if you have millions that you have no idea what to spend on, you'd go for the underdog for a bigger payout.
Looks more like someone who just put all they had on Amanda cause every knew she was going to win, just to get a little bit more.

SirAnderson

Feel sorry for the guy....
It's easy to think that if you can gamble that amount of money, you already have too much money, but i think that if you have millions that you have no idea what to spend on, you'd go for the underdog for a bigger payout.
Looks more like someone who just put all they had on Amanda cause every knew she was going to win, just to get a little bit more.
That would be mad if that's the case, to bet that much on something that's never a guarantee is messed up.

Ladron de redcafe

Disappointed because I wanted Dustin to win and because the fights we were going to get (Poirier Vs Gaethje rematch, and a possible Poirier Islam match) are gone.

Oliviera is a great fighter and deserves credit. I imagine that Dustin will wait for a 4th Conor fight, or he might move up to face Colby.

An even bigger upset with Nunez losing, and who would have thought she'd look that bad in there? Shades or Ronda, at times, in there.

Grylte

An even bigger upset with Nunez losing, and who would have thought she'd look that bad in there? Shades or Ronda, at times, in there.
Was obvious that Amanda was going to lose, wasn't it? ;)

Nah, i was really surprised, and i did think about Ronda myself. They both got to a point where they were so dominant and therefor underestimated their opponents, or i guess more overrated themselves, took the win for granted.
Dangerous in that sport.

Ladron de redcafe

Nah, i was really surprised, and i did think about Ronda myself. They both got to a point where they were so dominant and therefor underestimated their opponents, or i guess more overrated themselves, took the win for granted.
Dangerous in that sport.
I read through some earlier posts and saw that you had picked her :lol: Well done.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
As amazing and logical as it would be, I think Khabib is all in with coaching and promoting Islam’s fights.
Yeah it would make absolutely no sense no and actually it would make him look quite bad if he decided to put the gloves on again. I’m not expecting anything from Khabib at all at the moment.

Beans

Supports
Neutral

Dangerous in that sport.
Ronda got the crazy idea she was a striker after knocking out a really horrible fighter in Bethe Correia, who never should have gotten a shot. Instead of looking for the armbar she tries to stand with the world's best female kickboxer. Her "coach" was a joke and literally conned her into thinking she was learning something about striking from him.

I would likewise say Nunes lost this fight by a tactical choice, deciding to trade with Pena instead of out box her.

Grylte

Rhonda got the crazy idea she was a striker after knocking out a really horrible fighter in Bethe Correia, who never should have gotten a shot. Instead of looking for the armbar she tries to stand with the world's best female kickboxer. Her "coach" was a joke and literally conned her into thinking she was learning something about striking from him.

I would likewise say Nunes lost this fight by a tactical choice, deciding to trade with Pena instead of out box her.
Yeah, i think Ronda could have stayed longer on top if she did what she was best at, instead of trying to box with kickboxers and get her face and confidence kicked to pieces.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
DC and Rogan are terrible commentators. Bring back Brian Stann
Rogan was unusually insufferable last night, even by his usual tedious standards. He’s become pretty pointless at this late stage, especially given that he’s not a fighter, and yet insists on attempting analyze fights as if he is someone like DC or Bisping. (Yes, I know Rogan is an MMA hobbyist in his spare time).

Stick to podcasting and comedy Joe.

Grylte

He's terrible. Ranting about vegans and all that.
I kinda didn't mind him on the podcast thing, not watching it regularily, just random clips, but then i saw one where he started talking about ADHD....
He just talks about things he has no clue about as they were facts, and he has lots of listeners.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Rogan was unusually insufferable last night, even by his usual tedious standards. He’s become pretty pointless at this late stage, especially given that he’s not a fighter, and yet insists on attempting analyze fights as if he is someone like DC or Bisping. (Yes, I know Rogan is an MMA hobbyist in his spare time).

Stick to podcasting and comedy Joe.
Him and DC both shill and love the fake excitement. That shocked look they meme is so cringe. It'd be bearable if they actually provided good insight. The UFC should use Felder and Cruz more.

redom

Really pleased for Oliveira, he's been overlooked by a lot of his contemporaries who were basically writing him off as the champion and saying Dustin was the real champ so to see him go out and solidify his standing was great. That's no knock on Dustin either, he's a great fighter and looked really good in that first round but it's just nice to see someone prove people wrong, especially when you consider he's had rough first rounds in his last two fights and rallied to win, kinda goes against this idea that he doesn't have heart which I'm sure Gaethje will mention numerous times in the lead up to their inevitable meeting.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Checked r/MMA this morning for highlights and saw almost 4000 comments on the Nunes/Pena clip and thought "No way...".

What odds was she?