The MMA thread

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Checked r/MMA this morning for highlights and saw almost 4000 comments on the Nunes/Pena clip and thought "No way...".

What odds was she?
Ask the guy who bet 315k on Nunez win, he'll know! :lol:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
@George Owen don’t know how you and some others do this regularly, I’ve been utterly ruined all day. Can’t cope with my sleep pattern getting so upended

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
@George Owen don’t know how you and some others do this regularly, I’ve been utterly ruined all day. Can’t cope with my sleep pattern getting so upended
I missed the F1 today! Woke up around 11am.

Not too hard for me. Majority of the year, here in Chile is pretty much the same time as in the US, so the fights starts early and finish relatively early. PPV at 10pm, etc. And fight nights, even earlier.

Currently I'm 2 hours behind the US, so the PPV started at midnight. Went to bed around 3AM. Not too bad.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I missed the F1 today! Woke up around 11am.

Not too hard for me. Majority of the year, here in Chile is pretty much the same time as in the US, so the fights starts early and finish relatively early. PPV at 10pm, etc. And fight nights, even earlier.

Currently I'm 2 hours behind the US, so the PPV started at midnight. Went to bed around 3AM. Not too bad.
Ah fair do’s….had no idea you were in Chile. I crawled to bed at 6am. Awful, just awful

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Ah fair do’s….had no idea you were in Chile. I crawled to bed at 6am. Awful, just awful
I feel you. My heart goes out to the European fans every Saturday night.

I really don't like seeing Dustin losing, but at the same time, been able to see the way he handles himself on defeat is so inspirational. It has certainly helped me to better myself as a person.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I feel you. My heart goes out to the European fans every Saturday night.

I really don't like seeing Dustin losing, but at the same time, been able to see the way he handles himself on defeat is so inspirational. It has certainly helped me to better myself as a person.
I coach kids u13 football on a Sunday. Did a 7am finish followed by a 10am kickoff once…..never, ever again

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Finally caught up! Been packing all day whilst trying to avoid results but also looking at football results. Such a headache :lol:

Always like watching Cruz. His pop at Peterson was :lol: man's a proper tool and I love him for it!

Suga Sean needs to get a higher ranked opponents next. Otherwise he'll become the next MVP, destroying cans for years.

No chin is done. Always used to love watching him end up in another dimension, fighting space cowboys, but now it's just sad.

Nunes :eek:

The main event was a hard watch. I love both these guys. I am might have slightly wanted Dustin more to win because that way, they've both been champions but also didn't want people calling Olives a fake champ. Heart breaking, like watching the end fight of Warrior :(

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Rogan was unusually insufferable last night, even by his usual tedious standards. He’s become pretty pointless at this late stage, especially given that he’s not a fighter, and yet insists on attempting analyze fights as if he is someone like DC or Bisping. (Yes, I know Rogan is an MMA hobbyist in his spare time).

Stick to podcasting and comedy Joe.
Rogan used to be a great commentator, just calling out transitions and sticking to the fight. But now he’s comic relief, i agree it’s terrible.

Andersons Dietician

Not one to gloat but remember a few months ago when someone was telling me Amanda Nunes was the goat and had cleared out the division and I said she still has Penna to go through and by no means is she the goat of female MMA I probably should have put some money on that then.

I’m just shocked people think this is an upset.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not one to gloat but remember a few months ago when someone was telling me Amanda Nunes was the goat and had cleared out the division and I said she still has Penna to go through and by no means is she the goat of female MMA I probably should have put some money on that then.

Its one of the biggest upsets in the history of the UFC, mainly because Pena has been slightly better than good throughout most of her career. She had a couple of decent early wins then got trounced by both Shevchenko and de Randamie, which is why no one gave her much of a chance against Nunes.

Ladron de redcafe

It's still an upset, isn't it? She opened up as a -1000 favourite and had not lost since 2014, winning decisively in almost all of her fights in that time span.

Andersons Dietician

Its one of the biggest upsets in the history of the UFC, mainly because Pena has been slightly better than good throughout most of her career. She had a couple of decent early wins then got trounced by both Shevchenko and de Randamie, which is why no one gave her much of a chance against Nunes.
Yes, but it’s not about stats, it’s about actual skill set and ability. To me and I’m sure many others it was obvious Penna would be a a challenge for her, and she proved it. Although I expect Amanda to adjust and win the rematch because they’ll focus again on her striking as when put under preasure Nunes is like a deer in the headlights. Any preasure and she falls apart.

On Penna losing to the actual Goat, Valentina is nothing to be ashamed of and de Randamie is decent but if I recall she was winning that then did something stupid and got caught in a choke.

Anyway like Penna said, “Not surprised”

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yes, but it’s not about stats, it’s about actual skill set and ability. To me and I’m sure many others it was obvious Penna would be a a challenge for her, and she proved it. Although I expect Amanda to adjust and win the rematch because they’ll focus again on her striking as when put under preasure Nunes is like a deer in the headlights. Any preasure and she falls apart.

On Penna losing to the actual Goat, Valentina is nothing to be ashamed of and de Randamie is decent but if I recall she was winning that then did something stupid and got caught in a choke.

Anyway like Penna said, “Not surprised”
I'm sure she herself thought she had a chance, especially since she's been in a series of perpetual training camps for over a year, while Nunes has started a family. I'm pretty confident Valentina could take care of Pena again if they fought a 2nd time.

Luke1995

My christmas fantasy matchmaking wishlist for 2022: (One fight per division)

HW - Jones X Volkov

LHW - Prochazka X Jamahal Hill

MW - Adesanya X Rockhold

WW - Edwards X Masvidal - You can't fight backstage and never settle the score...

LW - Gaethje X Holloway

FW - Dare I say Mckee X Sergio Pettis - That could actually be a superfight for Bellator in the future...

BW - O'malley X Sandhagen

Flyweight - Deiveson X Brandon Royval

On the women's side:

Featherweight - Cyborg X Kayla Harrisson

BW - Pena X Holly Holm if Holly can work her way back up...

Flyweight - I'm never a fan of fighters cutting weight to compete, but if Miesha could do it safely and healthy, then suddenly Valentina X Miesha is a interesting one.

Strawweight - If Joanna can bother to come back, let's see how she does against the improved version of Esparza.

Grylte

Interesting tko there, everyone were confused for a second.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I know you didn't ask me but Wonderboy all the way for me!
Rooting for Wonderboy, for sure.

As for the main event, I like both guys. Daukaus is active and good banter on #MMATwitter, so wouldn't be upset if the wins.
Wonderboy fan club checking in :lol:

I’m gonna miss it tonight though, shame but I’m dying as it is and can’t do a late one with stuff on tomorrow:(

Grylte

Tried to make spoiler, but didn't get it to work.
I guess it's NSFW'ish :lol: