g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The MMA thread

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It sort of makes sense given that the only challenge at 185 would be a 3rd fight with Izzy. After that, its a long way down to the next contender. At 205, he could square up against a Rakic or an Ankalaev to see if he is ready for a title shot.
Yeah,and despite words to the contrary, those weight cuts are draining him too much, which is huge in terms of damage resistance and recovery as well as stamina - he should look [even] more explosive at 205.

He'll most likely not look like a giant in that division so it'll be a curious thing to see if the LHW's are intimidated by his presence/threat like the MW's were.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Anyone watching Cage Warriors? nasty KO just now.

I would hate to think what goes through the mind of a fighter who gets KO like that right away. Months of training, weight cut etc, then all for a quick trip to the netherrealm.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
He was the big favourite and winning the fight until that point :nervous:

Maybe even worse :lol:
I imagine Usman, every time he's about to go sleep, have a shower, stops his car at a red light, waters his plants or even about to shag his wife... He gets flashbacks of Leon Edwards foot knocking his lights out right at the end of round 5 :lol:

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I imagine Usman, every time he's about to go sleep, have a shower, stops his car at a red light, waters his plants or even about to shag his wife... He gets flashbacks of Leon Edwards foot knocking his lights out right at the end of round 5 :lol:
Uffff

I have flashbacks all week if I lose my Saturday football match. Can't begin to imagine the level of PTSD that KO induced on him :lol:

redom

Allen did a bit better than I expected to be honest, with it being his first experience of going 5 rounds and his build I thought he might gas more and get pieced up by Max in the later rounds but he maintained a good level throughout the fight and kept it competitive, Max just has that wealth of experience and guile to draw upon, plus his granite chin, to keep anyone that isn't Volk in their place. Both guys all class too, shame one of them had to lose.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
So Beneil Vs Charles is off 288 and moved to 289 in Canada with Oliveira injured.

Replaced as the co-main next month by Gilbert Vs Belal. :eek:

Props to both men for taking the risk and not sitting around waiting, both doing what they can to try and jump Colby for the next title shot. 100% it SHOULD be the winner of that fight, but whether that's enough to convince Dana is another thing. I doubt it.

Burns is an absolute stud. fecking Masvidal and Belal 4 weeks apart is insane...

EDIT: 5 rounds aswell!

Last edited:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
So Beneil Vs Charles is off 288 and moved to 289 in Canada with Oliveira injured.

Replaced as the co-main next month by Gilbert Vs Belal. :eek:

Props to both men for taking the risk and not sitting around waiting, both doing what they can to try and jump Colby for the next title shot. 100% it SHOULD be the winner of that fight, but whether that's enough to convince Dana is another thing. I doubt it.

Burns is an absolute stud. fecking Masvidal and Belal 4 weeks apart is insane...
Love Gilbert, I’d be great to see him lift the title before he hangs his gloves up. The definition of ‘game as feck’

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Nice match up. Gonna be a good one.

some more fights being announced:

That event looks mental. There's not a single fight here that is uninteresting.

• Alexander Volkanovski vs. Yair Rodriguez – for featherweight title
  • Brandon Moreno vs. Alexandre Pantoja – for flyweight title
  • Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Manel Kape
  • Dricus Du Plessis vs. Robert Whittaker
  • Robbie Lawler vs. Niko Price
  • Dan Hooker vs. Jalin Turner
  • Tresean Gore vs. Bo Nickal

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Given that Jones may be fighting Stipe next. This guy should probably try his luck against Gane.
He's in a tough spot. Should really be fighting for the title next, but considering Jones-Stipe doesn't look as though that's gonna happen until November now (if at all at this point) that's a long time to wait. Especially when you take into account neither guy is very active either, so it's not like he can expect a quick turnaround.

Also he's proof of just how little democracy is involved in making title fights now in the UFC, it's strictly business:

Colby - not a single win against a current top 10 welterweight on his record, hasn't fought in over a year, gets a title shot because he weighed in as an alternate:
Pavlovich - also weighed in as an alternative for a title fight, reels off 3 straight KO's over top 5 guys in less than a round combined in the last 9 months, not getting the next shot.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's in a tough spot. Should really be fighting for the title next, but considering Jones-Stipe doesn't look as though that's gonna happen until November now (if at all at this point) that's a long time to wait. Especially when you take into account neither guy is very active either, so it's not like he can expect a quick turnaround.

Also he's proof of just how little democracy is involved in making title fights now in the UFC, it's strictly business:

Colby - not a single win against a current top 10 welterweight on his record, hasn't fought in over a year, gets a title shot because he weighed in as an alternate:
Pavlovich - also weighed in as an alternative for a title fight, reels off 3 straight KO's over top 5 guys in less than a round combined in the last 9 months, not getting the next shot.
There's obviously no democracy where Dana White is involved. The silver linking is that Gane appears to be available in the interim, so they are probably going to wind up doing that as a contender eliminator, then have the winner fight the Jones/Stipe winner (which I expect to be Jones).

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
There's obviously no democracy where Dana White is involved. The silver linking is that Gane appears to be available in the interim, so they are probably going to wind up doing that as a contender eliminator, then have the winner fight the Jones/Stipe winner (which I expect to be Jones).
Can they really put Gane in another title fight though?

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
That event looks mental. There's not a single fight here that is uninteresting.

• Alexander Volkanovski vs. Yair Rodriguez – for featherweight title
  • Brandon Moreno vs. Alexandre Pantoja – for flyweight title
  • Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Manel Kape
  • Dricus Du Plessis vs. Robert Whittaker
  • Robbie Lawler vs. Niko Price
  • Dan Hooker vs. Jalin Turner
  • Tresean Gore vs. Bo Nickal
Add one more to the list :eek:

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Add one more to the list :eek:

Holy shit! Great matchmaking. Jack gets to fight a top 10 guy, and a good stylistic test against a strong grappler too.

More than makes up for this setback:

I was looking forward to that fight as it was guaranteed violence and I'm a fan of Figueiredo despite him being a bit of a tool. Realistically though he's probably on the decline, shouldn't be fighting at flyweight anymore, and is likely too dependent on a strength and size advantage to do well at bantam.