The MMA thread

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
How could cm punk get a fight into ufc? Really. And in an main card. I know it's about the money but come on. The guy sucks.
Well remember that they signed him towards the end of one of their worst ever years. Before McGregor and all the hype that it has now. He trained under Duke Roufus so should have been better than that. They also faced him against a prospect that they can nurture now. Plus I'm sure he contributed to PPV numbers... Of course, he was outclassed and didnt really belong there but the reasoning is clear from UFC perspective

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not the 1st time WWE have done it, Cm Punk & Daniel Bryan mocked Anderson Silva V Chael Sonnen

To be fair, that might be a tribute rather than mocking. CM Punk was probably always a fan of the UFC.

And I say this as someone who strongly believes that anyone who watches fake wrestling after becoming an adult has issues.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Aye I think CM Punk and Chael Sonnen are quite good friends, that one was definitely not mocking.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Did you see CM Punk getting murdered? I'd say probably something similar.
Exactly.

Though Bruce Lee would at least be able to throw a proper punch tbf. How Punk thought he'd be able to compete is a mystery to me....

Oggmonster

As humiliating as it was seeing him get dominated so completely on the ground, can you imagined how inept he would have looked if Gall had kept the fight standing?
Obviously not seen his punch attempt!! Think that would of put down even the most solid chins in UFC...

JP77

Did you see CM Punk getting murdered? I'd say probably something similar.
Even comparing Punk with somebody like Bruce Lee is madness. Bruce Lee was absolutely legit and ahead of his time.

In other news, Chael Sonnen signs with Bellator.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Even comparing Punk with somebody like Bruce Lee is madness. Bruce Lee was absolutely legit and ahead of his time.

In other news, Chael Sonnen signs with Bellator.
Completely agree. You could even say Jeetkundo is the father of modern MMA in it's philosophy of combining everything that works for the individual.
Not too interested in seeing Chael fight but I do think it's healthy for Bellator to keep growing and put on better and better cards. Rory vs Koreshkov/MVP are some of the best fights possible at 170 right now.

For reals? Fedor needs to call it a career....hes one of my all time favs but hes thee Fedor we use to see.
Oh i completely agree he's past his prime but there's something about him getting his one fight in the UFC before he calls it a day that appeals to me. I wouldn't want him in there against a Stipe for eg. but something like Fedor vs Bigfoot( i know he's booked to fight Nelson) could be a nice send off. Plus I'm looking at it from a UFC kinda view. They are mainly about the ppvs and cash money after all.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Just read about chael

Surprised again UFC didn't go for it. He is a draw, has entertaining fights...

Wish Bellator would sign a proper tv deal over this part of the world

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Missed the first week of TUF seen the last two

Seems a lot of good fighters who could add a lot to the flyweight division

Felt sorry for Page, I remember him in his spell in UFC a few years ago. It was a bad stoppage

Some good fights so far tonight

justboy68

Michael Johnson back in the winning column then. Needed that one as he'd been on a bad run. Poirier's usually in exciting fights he'll continue be a top 10 gatekeeper kinda guy I imagine.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Think it was quite the upset in the main event. But quality knockout

Also Brunson looking legit

Not a bad card at all

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
So some bouts revealed for 205:

Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
Cowboy vs. Gastelum
Rafael Natal vs. Tim Boetsch
Rashad Evans vs. Tim Kennedy
Katlyn Chookagian vs. Liz Carmouche

I suspect they'll announce co-main as Wonderboy vs. Woodley and then the main event...

Seems ok but nothing special so far...

Oggmonster

Cowboy vs. Gastelum

I suspect they'll announce co-main as Wonderboy vs. Woodley and then the main event...

Ronda vs. Nunes is the big rumour. Especially considering it seems they're not budging on the Conor defending his title before fighting for the lightweight belt thing.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Gastelum/Cowboy is a great fight, picking Gastelum in that one as long as he has no weight cutting issues.
I would normally be excited for this but I just know how awesome it would have been if the fight was Cowboy vs. Lawler! Still, good fight though.

Ronda vs. Nunes is the big rumour. Especially considering it seems they're not budging on the Conor defending his title before fighting for the lightweight belt thing.
feck that. Not interested one bit.

Oggmonster

I would normally be excited for this but I just know how awesome it would have been if the fight was Cowboy vs. Lawler! Still, good fight though.

feck that. Not interested one bit.
I'm not to fussed about it myself but it does get a lot of eyes on the card. They have put all their eggs in 1 basket to an extent with Conor and he knows it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Cowboy vs. Gastelum

That's pretty underwhelming tbh. Is there a main event fight that's not listed there?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
That's pretty underwhelming tbh. Is there a main event fight that's not listed there?
McGregor and Joanna could be added I guess? Don't think any of the other champs are available.

No Weidman either, which would be a shame given he put a fair bit of effort into getting it to New York.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Good fight but yeah, not really the glamour headliner they were promising for 205.

JP77

Was hilarious stuff seeing Rogan in the video package even trying to sell that Cyborg fight as some legit contest when anybody with any sense knew she was going to steamroll through Lina. Hopefully this is all just building up to either Cyborg/Holm or as a long shot which I'll never rule out, Cyborg/Rousey (obviously at 140 as Cyborg is destroying her body to even make 140 so 135 shouldn't even be in the discussion). I wouldn't rule out Tate/Cyborg but I'm not convinced that would be anything other than an absolute massacre.