g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The MMA thread

JP77

Holm wasn't exactly ducking her. It was a money issue. She's been making noise to try to make that fight happen for a while now. This is comfortably the most interest I have had in a Cyborg fight in a long time. Holm may be 1-3 but she's a legit challenger that makes for an interesting fight, when was the last time you could say that for a Cyborg fight? Also whiule 1-3 two of those losses were Germaine (a debatable decision) and Miesha (she dominated that fight and threw it away in the fifth round), hardly like she's been getting busted up in her three losses. This is the first proper test for Cyborg in a long time, I'm excited.

I think the issue they've had is they've been stacking a lot of cards recently and it doesn't seem they quite planned for this one in advance. In fairness, people are always complaining that other fighters should get a shot to make a name. Can't say I'm looking forward to Woodley/Diaz if it happens though, I can see Woodley comfortably winning that fight. Condit/Magney has flown under the radar though, really nice fight. Khabib on the card too (if he makes it). Shame Cruz got injured. Some very nice fights so far, maybe they pull it one final surprise for the main event.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
What a huge disappointment will Brooks has been since he joined ufc. feck that shit. Also Nik Lentz is a tit

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
One of the lackluster nights of UFC. Couldn't give a toss about any of those figures except the Brooks and Benoit fights.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The Aussie cards are generally more interesting when they have someone like Hunt or Whitaker on them.

Also, why the hell was Covington even in Sydney if he wasn't fighting - only to get hit in the face by Werdum. If the UFC is encouraging fighters to get into parking lot scraps that get publicized on YouTube to build a hype brand then they are in far worse better shape then I previously thought.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Apparently No Time Oezdemir picked up by coppers on battery chargers. Change his name to jail time?

Oggmonster

The Aussie cards are generally more interesting when they have someone like Hunt or Whitaker on them.

Also, why the hell was Covington even in Sydney if he wasn't fighting - only to get hit in the face by Werdum. If the UFC is encouraging fighters to get into parking lot scraps that get publicized on YouTube to build a hype brand then they are in far worse better shape then I previously thought.
He was there for the Q&A thing I thought. Pretty common for fighters to do it and it's a good way to promote themselves, I doubt the UFC encouraged him to do it.

Card at the weekend wasn't the best, another loss for Brooks which is probably the key point of the card. A 1-3 record is awful especially with the hype of him coming in.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Apparently No Time Oezdemir picked up by coppers on battery chargers. Change his name to jail time?
As a Sheriff John Bunnell fanboy, I felt compelled to shamelessly copy and paste this from another site:

“No Time went out for a Good Time at the bars, now..he’ll be doing Hard Time...behiind baarrs”

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Conor calls the shots. The UFC can't sack him if he does another boxing fight as it would be a massive blow to their own brand to not be able to feature Conor.

And Conor himself could easily pocket about 30-50m if he got another big boxing match against Pacquiao or the like.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
UFC Fight Night Shanghai looks like its on at some ungodly hour here. Not sure if I'll catch it if its in the middle of the night, although if the Bisping fight is on at the end, I may be able to catch it.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
UFC Fight Night Shanghai looks like its on at some ungodly hour here. Not sure if I'll catch it if its in the middle of the night, although if the Bisping fight is on at the end, I may be able to catch it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

poleglass red

Gastelum , needing two attempts and a towel to hit 186 pounds. Well at least he made weight but geez what is it with this guy. He's moved up a weight class, he should be hitting this weight with ease. He's come up a stone in weight and just about making it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Gastelum , needing two attempts and a towel to hit 186 pounds. Well at least he made weight but geez what is it with this guy. He's moved up a weight class, he should be hitting this weight with ease. He's come up a stone in weight and just about making it.
He probably thought moving up = more Tiramisu.

Jagga7

Yep. Only 4 fights left
Oh great, the main card starts here on TV in 5 mins.

Gastelum is heavy favourite vs Bisping. I know Bisping got knocked out 3 weeks ago, but I thought he had a good shot of winning this.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Oh great, the main card starts here on TV in 5 mins.

Gastelum is heavy favourite vs Bisping. I know Bisping got knocked out 3 weeks ago, but I thought he had a good shot of winning this.
Its a win/win situation for Bisping. If he wins he can sort of save a bit of face after the GSP match and also pick up an extra pay check. If he loses then of course, he's a champ for having taken the fight on two weeks notice so no big deal, and he picks up a check.

Jagga7

Its a win/win situation for Bisping. If he wins he can sort of save a bit of face after the GSP match and also pick up an extra pay check. If he loses then of course, he's a champ for having taken the fight on two weeks notice so no big deal, and he picks up a check.
Hahah, China must be the only place who would sanction him to fight so quickly as well.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm always surprised at the lack of love for Bisping on here, given he's not only a Manc but also a red.
He definitely gets credit for taking this fight on short notice. Without him, the card would be pretty crap in terms of name recognition fighters.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'm always surprised at the lack of love for Bisping on here, given he's not only a Manc but also a red.
I like Bisping irrespective of him being a United fan. His prickishness is quite funny.