The MMA thread

Deleted member 101472

How does that KO sit with everyone? Aye he’s gave 30% of his purse to lamas but if he actually done his weight cut properly, he’s probably lighter and maybe a tad less power in that punch.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
How does that KO sit with everyone? Aye he’s gave 30% of his purse to lamas but if he actually done his weight cut properly, he’s probably lighter and maybe a tad less power in that punch.
His head might've only bounced once off the canvas if Emmet had made weight properly.

Deleted member 101472

I think RDA will start well and end up completely regretting stepping in the ring with this maniac. If I could rank a list of fighters in the UFC I’d least like to have to fight to save my life, Lawler would be pretty close to first place.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
For everything Lawler has done in the Octagon, I can never respect him because A) he has a tramp stamp tattoo and B) it doesn't even look finished.

Deleted member 101472

Probably the best legwork I’ve seen in a while from any fighter. Fair okay to RDA here.

Deleted member 101472

Yes, he went after lawlers legs early and it worked. His conditioning was top notch and lawler simply did his best to survive round 4 and 5

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Very good card last night.

- RDA looked very good and is (imo) ready for a title shot against Woodley once Tyron is fully recovered from his medical issues. This would be a great PPV headliner.

- I'm surprised Josh Emmet wasn't ranked on the official UFC page as he looked like a top notch contender against Lamas. He should rocket up the charts when the new rankings come out and since he just KO'd the #3 guy, should probably face someone like Aldo next, which should work since Aldo recently fought as well and both fighters should be on the same schedule to fight again around March.

- Mike Perry was finally found out last night and Ponzinibbio looks like he's ready for a top WW opponent - maybe someone like Maia or Condit.

- It was great to see Glover back in action after his spanking against Gustaffson earlier this year. Unfortunately, he's ranked #3 in LHW right now and there are no higher level fights for him right now with Volkan v DC coming up and the fact that he already just lost to Gus this year. A rematch v OSP (who is on a 3 fight win streak) or an intriguing matchup v Manuwa may be in the cards.

Fighter of the Night:

Definitely Julian Marquez. Looks like a proper brawler who will make a massive splash at MW and should enter the rankings next week somewhere around #10 or so. I'd like to see him fight someone the calibre of David Branch or the like next.

Last edited:

Deleted member 101472

Very good card last night.

- RDA looked very good and is (imo) ready for a title shot against Woodley once he Tyron is fully recovered from his medical issues. This would be a great PPV headliner.

- I'm surprised Josh Emmet wasn't ranked on the official UFC page as he looked like a top notch contender against Lamas. He should rocket up the charts when the new rankings come out and since he just KO'd the #3 guy, should probably face someone like Aldo next, which should work since Aldo recently fought as well and both fighters should be on the same schedule to fight again around March.

- Mike Perry was finally found out last night and Ponzinibbio looks like he's ready for a top WW opponent - maybe someone like Maia or Condit.

- It was great to see Glover back in action after his spanking against Gustaffson earlier this year. Unfortunately, he's ranked #3 in LHW right now and there are no higher level fights for him right now with Volkan v DC coming up and the fact that he already just lost to Gus this year. A rematch v OSP (who is on a 3 fight win streak) or an intriguing matchup v Manuwa may be in the cards.

Fighter of the Night:

Definitely Julian Marquez. Looks like a proper brawler who will make a massive splash at MW and should enter the rankings next week somewhere around #10 or so. I'd like to see him fight someone the calibre of David Branch or the like next.
I dunno what it was about last night but it felt like a really empty event to me, maybe just not the best personnel. The only WOW moment for me was emmets vicious left hook.

RDA nullified lawler really early and I was surprised how good he looked, his stamina levels are much higher than I’d have thought he could ever manage as a WW. I think he’s ready for Woodley but as much as I despise watching his fights, I think woodley is completely unbeatable at the moment in that division, he’s figured out the defensive side of things and is just so much stronger than anyone else.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I dunno what it was about last night but it felt like a really empty event to me, maybe just not the best personnel. The only WOW moment for me was emmets vicious left hook.

RDA nullified lawler really early and I was surprised how good he looked, his stamina levels are much higher than I’d have thought he could ever manage as a WW. I think he’s ready for Woodley but as much as I despise watching his fights, I think woodley is completely unbeatable at the moment in that division, he’s figured out the defensive side of things and is just so much stronger than anyone else.
The Perry v Ponzinibbio fight was great as well. A real back and forth war where the quality eventually won out. All things said, it was pretty strong for a Fight Night card. Not many of them have fights with the stature of names like RDA and Lawler facing off.

Lastwolf

He was a weight class up earlier this year, all his fights have been decisions against other unranked guys, including a split decision loss before dropping down, he hasn't looked that convincing basically.

Andersons Dietician

I wonder if let’s say RDA gets the shot and beats Woodly, if Connor would start thinking “red panty night” and fancy a crack at RDA for 170 title. Would that lure him back out.

Although RDA at 170 looks a totally different prospect from 155lb RDA. Saw a stat that in 2 fights RDA has thrown 413 strikes. At 155lbs he in 21 fights had thrown 820 strikes. Now he threw a load of strikes in the Lawler fight so I’m guessing that number is more around the 500-600 number.

That Marquez vs Stewart fight on the undercard..... what.....a....f^*king fight!!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I wonder if let’s say RDA gets the shot and beats Woodly, if Connor would start thinking “red panty night” and fancy a crack at RDA for 170 title. Would that lure him back out.

Although RDA at 170 looks a totally different prospect from 155lb RDA. Saw a stat that in 2 fights RDA has thrown 413 strikes. At 155lbs he in 21 fights had thrown 820 strikes. Now he threw a load of strikes in the Lawler fight so I’m guessing that number is more around the 500-600 number.

That Marquez vs Stewart fight on the undercard..... what.....a....f^*king fight!!
Conor has all the options in his corner if he decides to come back. He could literally choose his next opponent. At this time, I get the impression he is looking at fighting Ferguson at some point. If he beats Ferguson then he will almost certainly look at a WW opponent next. If he loses to Ferguson, there will likely be an immediate rematch.

Andersons Dietician

Conor has all the options in his corner if he decides to come back. He could literally choose his next opponent. At this time, I get the impression he is looking at fighting Ferguson at some point. If he beats Ferguson then he will almost certainly look at a WW opponent next. If he loses to Ferguson, there will likely be an immediate rematch.
Probably very true. He can basically parachute in to any division he wants. I would think Tony is probably his next fight also although I think he would have preferred GSP.

I do wonder if he’ll jump back in to boxing tho as he’s pretty much a money fighter at this point and he’s got guys like Manny calling him out.

Oggmonster

Probably very true. He can basically parachute in to any division he wants. I would think Tony is probably his next fight also although I think he would have preferred GSP.

I do wonder if he’ll jump back in to boxing tho as he’s pretty much a money fighter at this point and he’s got guys like Manny calling him out.

He's said he doesn't want to box for his next fight and wants a "real fight" I imagine if the UFC pays him what he thinks he's worth he fights again. I doubt he's in a rush though. It's frustrating and he does himself no favours but equally it's fair enough, it's a topic of conversation all the time how the UFC underpays people and they do, they underpay everyone and that includes the likes of McGregor so he should hold out for more money if he can.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I believe Conor is attempting to get some sort of ownership into the UFC, or at a minimum a much higher PPV points deal since he believes his events will get far more PPV buys than in the past.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Meanwhile over in Japan, Gabi Garcia missed weight by 28lbs. Yep, you read that right, 28lbs.

She was scheduled to fight a 53 year old who weighed in at 168lb. Garcia weighed in at 237 lbs (there was a 209 limit).

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/12/gabi-g...-with-53-year-old-shinobu-kandori-in-jeopardy

Is there a reason this monster is not in Pro-wrestling?
Maybe she wants to fight for real?

Too bad there are no heavyweights women even close to her level.

I trust Rizin will do the right thing and put her against a guy next.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
What time does Khabib fight start at, UK time?