The MMA thread

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
That's a separate issue. Rich don't pay the same consequences as poor people in the US. I already mentioned that if poor folks of brown skin had down what team khabib did tonight they would still be in jail not released like the very rich team khabib. team khabib is absolutely going to end up benefiting from the exact same wealth and influence as Mcgregor did as they already have tonight
There biggest problems will be visas, it was already hard for them to get one it’s going to be even harder now.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
That's a separate issue. Rich don't pay the same consequences as poor people in the US. I already mentioned that if poor folks of brown skin had done what team khabib did tonight they would still be in jail not released like the very rich team khabib. team khabib is absolutely going to end up benefiting from the exact same wealth and influence as Mcgregor did. They already have tonight.
They were released because Conor refused to press charges, try to keep up.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
@Raoul just as predicted. I cant help but like him but Conor is mediocre at 155. That "sleeper" of his doesn't exist at 155.

Truth is -- Conor is a average fighter who's good stylistically but can't beat Nate - who is a journey man.

If he ever fights GSP or even attempts to try to fight AS - he's actually going to get his head ripped off.

Conor, has nowhere to go. Sad part is that I love it so casuals can feck off now!!

OverratedOpinion

Didn’t the FBI then stop using him as an informant as they didn’t trust him.

I think the “mad backwards cnut” for not drinking line is more offensive to the religion itself than calling someone with the manager’s history a terrorist, but then I’m not Muslim.
I'd agree, I personally think all religions are "backwards" but targeting one is definitely more offensive than what he said about Ali considering his past.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I just don't see how his persona works in a division where he is unlikely to ever be able to beat the champion. The whole act was cringeworthy enough already but how could he walk around now and call himself pound for pound number 1.

If I was him I would go and be the face of Zuffa boxing and fight a load of cans whilst pocketing cash.
A lengthy suspension for Khabib would probably help him in that regard. He could say he wants the rematch but is obviously unable to have it, so he'll have other fights instead in the meantime. I guess he would have to fight Khabib again if he sticks around but he could probably work another fight or two in before that.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
They were released because Conor refused to press charges, try to keep up.
And you think if they were poor hispanics the fact the victim didn't press charges would lead to them being released that quickly? :lol:
They'd be sitting in the holding tank until 9am tomorrow if they were poor regardless of whether the vic pressed charges.

Oldyella

His manager was part of an extremist outfit who have committed acts of terrorism and then turned informant to the FBI. He has an incredibly shady past all round.
Sorry, more the religion thing. Knew his manager was a shady character.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Khabib cornered Conor's teammate and slapped him before Conor retaliated. Not sure why that's been forgotten here. Khabib literally instigated this whole thing.
Lobov is a weasel. He was chatting shit about Khabib in an interview with Russian media, which Khabib got wind of, and Khabib confronted him the next time they crossed paths. It’s not like Khabib and his entourage flew halfway around the world to corner Lobov in some premeditated act of bravado. Lobov ran his mouth and shat his pants when it came back to haunt him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
There biggest problems will be visas, it was already hard for them to get one it’s going to be even harder now.
I think Khabib's father couldn't even get a visa for this fight as is? Can't imagine tonight is gonna make things any easier for those involved.

Paxi

Boring as feck, last time I’m watching that guy fight.

Turns out every bit as much of a cnut as Conor as well, it seems. Disgusting behaviour.

UFC won’t be happy with this outcome either since he’s one of the least exciting fighters out there.
I hope i dont get banned for this but I'd love to roll with you. I would make you suffer for 26 years until you appreciated ground game.

OverratedOpinion

A lengthy suspension for Khabib would probably help him in that regard. He could say he wants the rematch but is obviously unable to have it, so he'll have other fights instead in the meantime. I guess he would have to fight Khabib again if he sticks around but he could probably work another fight or two in before that.
To me it feels like he is in a similar position to Rousey after the Nunes fight.

The sad thing for me is that he would probably accept a rematch with Khabibd despite Khabib being stylistic murder for him. As far as taking fights, Conor does have a commendable bravery that almost borders on stupidity. I'm still astounded that a human being with a kid agreed to box the best boxer in the last 25 years despite never boxing before.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
And you think if they were poor hispanics the fact the victim didn't press charges would lead to them being released that quickly? :lol:
They'd be sitting in the holding tank until 9am tomorrow if they were poor regardless of whether the vic pressed charges.
WTF are you talking about? Regardless of who they are and how rich/poor they are, the reason why they were released is due to McGregor refusing to press charges. I'm not making a social commentary here, just stating facts.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
To me it feels like he is in a similar position to Rousey after the Nunes fight.

The sad thing for me is that he would probably accept a rematch with Khabibd despite Khabib being stylistic murder for him. As far as taking fights, Conor does have a commendable bravery that almost borders on stupidity. I'm still astounded that a human being with a kid agreed to box the best boxer in the last 25 years despite never boxing before.
Depends how McGregor assesses the fight I guess.

I thought Khabib would win and I obviously thought he would dominate on the ground but I was surprised by how ineffective McGregor's striking was. Khabib shouldn't have had parity there.

It might be that McGregor thinks that was just due to the ground work wearing him down, in which case there's not much he can do. He might convince himself that it was down to ring rust after two years out though, in which case I could definitely see him trying for a rematch.

Either way though I can't see him retiring on a loss. He'll fight somebody again.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I just can’t see a rematch. Conor won’t beat khabib he just can’t match his wrestling. A 2nd fight will play out the same way unless he truly dedicated himself to khabibs skillset.

With his money and attitude these days he’s got no reason to do that.

Paxi

That sounds deeply sexual.

That sounds like bjj talk. Nothing McGregor would know about. El Cucuy is the next fight for McTapper and he's going to get darce choked.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
WTF are you talking about? Regardless of who they are and how rich/poor they are, the reason why they were released is due to McGregor refusing to press charges. I'm not making a social commentary here, just stating facts.
And I am telling you facts about how police handle situations like this. The only reason this was resolved so quickly tonight is because of the money and influence of the ufc and connections with the Nevada athletic commission and how high profile this was with the governor there. If you actually think a typical assault involving multiple people would end up with all the violent perps released within 90 minutes then you really do not understand how American and Las Vegas operates at all.

I have been at an event in Vegas when violence broke out less chaotic than this and it literally took all night for them to sort it out. Sorry to be rude but if you don't think the ufc money and influence is why team khabib got released so quickly then you simply don't understand how things work there. period.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
That sounds like bjj talk. Nothing McGregor would know about. El Cucuy is the next fight for McTapper and he's going to get darce choked.
Christ, Ferguson is nearly as bad for McGregor as Khabib was. If I was him I'd definitely go for the nice safe Diaz option. :lol:

Name Changed

weso26
I don't know why that's in red.

I think Conor is finished as a fighter. He can't beat Khabib. He will have a couple of fights to make the bit of cash but that's it. I thought he was finished before this. You can't be a fighter with the way that he leads his life.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
There are people getting death threats over their belief the world is flat :rolleyes:

There are people getting hurt, abused or killed because their skin colour is different...

McGregor practically, indirectly insulted one third of the world's population with his "backward" remark over Khabib not drinking alcohol, all for the sake of getting under the skin of a single person and in doing so showed his ignorance .
Bit of a dick move sure. Justification for attacking someone's coach? Only if you're backward (again I'm not saying that's Khabib. The stuff Conor said about his dad was nasty)

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes

He doesn't give a shit :lol:

Paxi

Christ, Ferguson is nearly as bad for McGregor as Khabib was. If I was him I'd definitely go for the nice safe Diaz option. :lol:
Tony is really good. He's got bad injuries but he's a cracking all around fighter. Really good on his feet and amazing of his back. Unorthodox -- lanky.. can't think of a worse match up for Khabib. Tony is really fecking great, as weird as he is.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep

OverratedOpinion

I guess but he was already making millions of dollars and people don't mention enough that he was truly lucky that Floyd didn't decide to fight aggressively for more than a round. He is very fortunate that he didn't suffer a serious injury.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This kind of WWE farce just follows McGregor around, it was always going to lead to this someday.

Finally got his comeuppance. I hope he can move on and take it with professional grace. Certainly don’t want to see him spouting off as he got well beaten

2 1/2 years out came back to bite

Paxi

There should be no Champion after that. He didn't deserve his belt after two incidents that should be prosecuted as assault and battery. kabib should be in jail tonight.
Ferguson gets first dibs on fighting the two-bit thug from

Hahaha Holy feck this is amazing!! Conor can do what he wants but now it's assault and battery. Get a fecking grip. Your boy got got absolutely whipped. Go back to 145 with that "sleeper" of his and get dominated by Ortega.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This kind of WWE farce just follows McGregor around, it was always going to lead to this someday.

Finally got his comeuppance. I hope he can move on and take it with professional grace. Certainly don’t want to see him spouting off as he got well beaten

2 1/2 years out came back to bite
That's the other downside to tonight from Khabib's point of view: he never got to hear McGregor humbled after the fight.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Hahaha Holy feck this is amazing!! Conor can do what he wants but now it's assault and battery. Get a fecking grip. Your boy got got absolutely whipped. Go back to 145 with that "sleeper" of his and get dominated by Ortega.
What are you even talking about?

team khabib's actions after the fight should trigger a suspension. This should strip him of his belt. conor is not my "boy", I don't like him and was never a fan. The fight I want to see is Tony Ferguson beating the snot out of khabib. I lost all respect for team khabib tonight.