The MMA thread

Name Changed

weso26
The choke wasn't even on properly and he tapped quick. Found that funny after all the tough talk.
Everybody knows Conor gives up when it gets tough. He was finished once Khabib dropped him. It was the same with the Diaz fight. You can actually physically tell when he realises he's gonna lose.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I know they take it personally.

Saying "your country is a shithole" to anyone is dumb. Actually being offended by that as a grown adult is also dumb.
Not really. It's dumb to think you're the only person t9 think what's right and what's wrong. I know a lot of Chechens and a lot of Dagestani people. They are extremely proud to say the least. To say it's dumb for them taking offence is exactly the reason they enjoy fecking people up and that includes ethnic Slavic folk. Seriously, don't feck with them. They are crazy!

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Absolutely amazing performance from Khabib. Don’t think there’s any need at all for a re-match (at least in the short term) as that fight wasn’t close at all. Completely dominant.

Conor’s striking was surprisingly ineffective. The two years out the Octagaon wouldn’t have helped, but still expected more dominance in the standup particularly given his boxing camp.

Getting dropped at the start of round two was the beginning of the end imo, he never recovered and that round was the most dominant for Khabib. Need to watch it again but when I saw it live I thought Conor got sloppy with his guard, as if he was overestimating his advantage in the standup (even accounting for his tendency to hold his hands low).

OverratedOpinion

You do know what MMA stands for right? Go away. :lol::lol:
Nope. I think you forget that the initial concept was proving one martial art was better than another, not to appreciate all aspects equally. I would think a purist like yourself would remember that!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Not really. It's dumb to think you're the only person t9 think what's right and what's wrong. I know a lot of Chechens and a lot of Dagestani people. They are extremely proud to say the least. To say it's dumb for them taking offence is exactly the reason they enjoy fecking people up and that includes ethnic Slavic folk. Seriously, don't feck with them. They are crazy!
You say crazy, I say dumb.

And I have no doubt whatsoever than many people think me and my views are dumb by the way and that's fine (because I know I'm right ;)).

Name Changed

weso26
And a neck crank isn't that painful you need to tap double quick.
A neck crank? From Khabib? Are you for real ? Conor saved himself from being seriously hurt there. Khabib had him. And any high level mma fighter will have tapped on countless occasions. If Khabib hasn't tapped in training I'd be amazed.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
How many neck cranks have you felt from Khabib?

Always amazes me how many people mock pro-fighters for tapping. Show me a BJJ black belt and I'll show you someone who has tapped about a million times.
I practice BJJ and I've tapped thousands of times. Also been in plenty neck cranks and that was a quick tap.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
You guys need to watch some BJJ from the greats if you wanna see people stay in submissions.

Eddie Bravo v Royler would be a good start

Paxi

Seems a really backwards and immature view to be honest. I think in this day and age people are expected to be a bit more thick skinned to stuff like that and I don’t think comments around religion or country in particular ever justify assault - just seems to suggest a lack of emotional control or some insecurity around your convictions.

But yeah, saying the only way to be a self-respecting human is to assault people if they say things you don’t like seems incredible to me.
Oh feck me.... you do know it's not a liberal world all together. Instead, try to understand the way the guys from caucasus mountains react... if you treat them like savages -- you'll be treated as such. It's not a fecking wonder Russians leave them be.. They are people that will make you re-evaluate your life.

EyeInTheSky

He doesn't give a shit :lol:
Hes fooling no one he got seven shades of shoit kicked out of him. Been out for too long and the hunger is not like it was. Why would it be.
He got destroyed. Chuckle.
He's fooling no one. 2 years out chilling is no prep for a monster let alone one that dominates a higher division

Ady87

Ever since Connor tweeted a pic with Vladimir Putin and calling him one of the greatest leaders in the world I’ve had absolutely zero respect for him. He’s got the stereotypical fighter’s intelligence. Found myself almost rooting for him in the fight but knew it was over after the second round pummelling.

Paxi

Nope. I think you forget that the initial concept was proving one martial art was better than another, not to appreciate all aspects equally. I would think a purist like yourself would remember that!
Which is why the sport evolved. Fighters are now proficent in different disciplines. A "purist"? Stop being condesending when you actually have no idea what you're talking about.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
ugh he by his own admission grew up in one of the toughest and scariest part of Dublin
Not really.

Was it a good fight? Is it worth watching if I already know the result? :nervous:
If you've seen Khabib fight before then you'll see nothing new, McGregor didn't really leave his mark on the fight at all. Ferguson-Pettis was great, amazing second round there, shame it had to stop.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)

And I have no doubt whatsoever than many people think me and my views are dumb by the way and that's fine (because I know I'm right ;)).
He also brought Islamic terrorism into it, which really really isn't the wisest thing to do. Of course he's just a thick cnunt trying to sell a fight

McGregor had previously targeted Abdelaziz during a UFC 229 promotional event last month in New York, yelling, “You terrorist snitch!” at the Egypt native. McGregor added at the time, “I know a lot about you as well, you mad rat.”

McGregor was referring, at least in part, to reports that Abdelaziz worked several years ago as a government counterterrorism informant. His name appears in a 2013 book titled “Enemies Within: Inside the NYPD’s Secret Spying Unit and bin Laden’s Final Plot Against America,” in which authors Matt Apuzzo and Adam Goldman (via Bloody Elbow) claim that Abdelaziz was recruited by the New York Police Department to work as a mole within a Virginia-based arm of a group called Muslims of America.

OverratedOpinion

Which is why the sport evolved. Fighters are now proficent in different disciplines. A "purist"? Stop being condesending when you actually have no idea what you're talking about.
I think you started the condescending tone when started telling people to go and watch other sports because they prefer some aspects of MMA to others and telling people you wanted to beat people up for 26 minutes for not loving BJJ. Basically you've had a mare mate.

Paxi

They are fine people. Crazy is a strong word. They're extremely loyal and genuine people. But Yeah, crazy!

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Oh feck me.... you do know it's not a liberal world all together. Instead, try to understand the way the guys from caucasus mountains react... if you treat them like savages -- you'll be treated as such. It's not a fecking wonder Russians leave them be.. They are people that will make you re-evaluate your life.
C’mon man, not sure what you think Conor did but suggesting anyone has been treated like a savage again makes you seem a bit childish and out of touch with reality.

And save the oh feck me comment when you’re spouting nonsense about how the only way a self-respecting human can act is to attack people if they say things you don’t like. Mental.

El-Manos

He got found out last night. He’s a one trick pony. Nullify that left hand and he doesn’t have much going for him. His ground work is diabolical. Ferguson - Khabib please

OverratedOpinion

I mean, I am pretty sure that Conor got (rightfully) torn into for the bus incident. I think people are determined to choose a side in this which is a silly thing to do when you are choosing between two immature idiots with questionable morals and shady pasts.

Paxi

I think you started the condescending tone when started telling people to go and watch other sports because they prefer some aspects of MMA to others and telling people you wanted to beat people up for 26 minutes for not loving BJJ. Basically you've had a mare mate.
I'm having a nightmare? Are you for real? Mixed Martial Arts.

Go and watch muay thai if you prefer one specific discipline.

I'm actually shocked how dumb you are.

Paxi

C’mon man, not sure what you think Conor did but suggesting anyone has been treated like a savage again makes you seem a bit childish and out of touch with reality.

And save the oh feck me comment when you’re spouting nonsense about how the only way a self-respecting human can act is to attack people if they say things you don’t like. Mental.
He continually called him a "backwards cnut" he continually said that the Dagestani people ran into mountains without really fecking knowing anything. It's really fecking dumb and you think it's fair game then I suppose I've nothing more to say to you.

OverratedOpinion

I'm having a nightmare? Are you for real? Mixed Martial Arts.

Go and watch muay thai if you prefer one specific discipline.

I'm actually shocked how dumb you are.
Maxi, I will try this once more. Try to calm down, read what I am saying. Yes there are numerous disciplines involved in mixed martial arts, grappling is a very important part and consistently the most effective skill for any fighter to possess. However it is wrong to say that liking one or multiple aspects of mixed (yes mixed) martial arts more than others is not an indicator that someone should not be allowed to enjoy the sport.

Now if that isn't clear enough for you then I think your gi might be tied a little too tight.

cyberman

Danis getting unfair stick from that leaping pic, he times Khabibs landing and sends him flying back at least ten feet lol.

cyberman

I mean, I am pretty sure that Conor got (rightfully) torn into for the bus incident. I think people are determined to choose a side in this which is a silly thing to do when you are choosing between two immature idiots with questionable morals and shady pasts.
Conor got worldwide condemnation for it, I have no idea why certain fans are pretending he wasn't criticised for it.