The MMA thread

poleglass red

Ferguson needs a title shot asap. Don't want or there doesn't need to be a rematch made with Cowboy, he beats him handily every time. I saw the same realisation in Cowboy in the 2nd round that I did in his fight with Till, that he knew he didn't have a chance. Ferguson is a beast, I love the speed and repetition of his punch outlay. I also love how he leaves his chin in the air, yet no-one ever seems to be able to fully expose that flaw. A truly unique fighter. I like that if he ever did fight Khabib,and that if he gets taken down, it isn't necessarily a bad thing for him.If he doesn't get a title shot next, something seriously wrong. In this new era of ESPN where ppv's aren't the be all and end all, the need for fighters with charisma to sell is fights is no longer needed, that removes any negative the UFC had against him. Hes a proper, legit fighter who at 35 needs a shot at being undisputed before it is too late.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Ferguson needs a title shot asap. Don't want or there doesn't need to be a rematch made with Cowboy, he beats him handily every time. I saw the same realisation in Cowboy in the 2nd round that I did in his fight with Till, that he knew he didn't have a chance. Ferguson is a beast, I love the speed and repetition of his punch outlay. I also love how he leaves his chin in the air, yet no-one ever seems to be able to fully expose that flaw. A truly unique fighter. I like that if he ever did fight Khabib,and that if he gets taken down, it isn't necessarily a bad thing for him.If he doesn't get a title shot next, something seriously wrong. In this new era of ESPN where ppv's aren't the be all and end all, the need for fighters with charisma to sell is fights is no longer needed, that removes any negative the UFC had against him. Hes a proper, legit fighter who at 35 needs a shot at being undisputed before it is too late.
I don’t see how he won’t get that title shot. In my eyes, it’s for sure he’ll face winner between Poirier and Khabib.

I’ll be truely astonished if he doesn’t get it. I want a rematch between Cerrone and him, but I’d never put that above a title shot he certainly deserves.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
You'll need better boxers than UFC has for that, or someone outright faster than him because they'll need to slip a punch, amidst the barrage, and wack him from the angle just created... before the next 37573475 punches, with forward momentum come their way.

Ferguson also hits hard enough with his jab that it is a massive deterrent for the opponent to fire into, so they're more likely to ball up or retreat than go for anything on the attack or even counter.. He also ups the output as he feels his opponent's spirit breaking, so it's not by accident what he does intensifies and looks more unorthodox as the cumulative blows amass.

He's also not afraid to take to give, which is intimidating in itself beings as he's firing 4/5 shots to most fighters' 1 - a very tough proposition for anyone. There was talk that Khabib ducked him, more than once; they're going to end up fighting eventually... if Dana can't find away to curtail Ferguson even more.

poleglass red

You'll need better boxers than UFC has for that, or someone outright faster than him because they'll need to slip a punch, amidst the barrage, and wack him from the angle just created... before the next 37573475 punches, with forward momentum come their way.

Ferguson also hits hard enough with his jab that it is a massive deterrent for the opponent to fire into, so they're more likely to ball up or retreat than go for anything on the attack or even counter.. He also ups the output as he feels his opponent's spirit breaking, so it's not by accident what he does intensifies and looks more unorthodox as the cumulative blows amass.

He's also not afraid to take to give, which is intimidating in itself beings as he's firing 4/5 shots to most fighters' 1 - a very tough proposition for anyone. There was talk that Khabib ducked him, more than once; they're going to end up fighting eventually... if Dana can't find away to curtail Ferguson even more.
Totally agree, he's a bit similiar to Khabib in that regard, he has a tendency to leave his chin in the air as well. Ferguson's punching power is also very underrated. It's not necessarily one punch knockout material but it's relentless, accurate and hits hard enough. You see the damage he leaves fighters with. I don't know if Khabib has ducked him, but as I said in my last post. Khabib's strength in getting you down then plays into one of Ferguson's strength working off his back, so maybe not surprising if he did. I think Dana has to make this fight now, as much as he might not want to, it's only the logical fight to be made.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Totally agree, he's a bit similiar to Khabib in that regard, he has a tendency to leave his chin in the air as well. Ferguson's punching power is also very underrated. It's not necessarily one punch knockout material but it's relentless, accurate and hits hard enough. You see the damage he leaves fighters with. I don't know if Khabib has ducked him, but as I said in my last post. Khabib's strength in getting you down then plays into one of Ferguson's strength working off his back, so maybe not surprising if he did. I think Dana has to make this fight now, as much as he might not want to, it's only the logical fight to be made.
Tony probably needs to stop slamming the organisation for it to happen... :lol:

I'm just thinking what might he say when lifting the strap!:lol:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I don’t see how he won’t get that title shot. In my eyes, it’s for sure he’ll face winner between Poirier and Khabib.

I’ll be truely astonished if he doesn’t get it. I want a rematch between Cerrone and him, but I’d never put that above a title shot he certainly deserves.
Connor McGregor

Andersons Dietician

Kahbib ducked him? Haven’t they had 3 fights lined up one Kahbib got taken to hospital during the cut, then Tony got injured and when offered a 3rd Tony turned it down because of something to do with the belts.

Dana said the fight was cursed and would be reluctant to make it again as something always happens.

Speaking of Ferguson I made the point the other day that from a classically trained strikers point of view he’s actually kind of terrible but it just works for him. There is no doubt his confidence in his ground game, endurance and ability to take a punch allow him to be so free and reckless and just do crazy unorthodox things but if you put him in a boxing match with say Canello, Spence or someone he’d I’d imagined be knocked out within the first round.

Hopefully he smashes Kahbib if it ever gets made again but I find the two of them a bit boring or just messy.

If I recall as well the PPV buys on Kahbib and Ferguson were terrible as neither was really a draw but maybe Kahbib’s stock has risen and there might be more outside interest.

Andersons Dietician

Let him fight Cerrone if he wants back in. It’ll be a joke if he walks into another title fight. I genuinely can’t see him getting it.
I have no interest in Kahbib vs Connor 2 but I’d imagine if he wants it and Kahbib wants it that fight will probably happen over Tony vs Kahbib because of the money and interest it would generate.

The fight he should do is Holloway.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Kahbib ducked him? Haven’t they had 3 fights lined up one Kahbib got taken to hospital during the cut, then Tony got injured and when offered a 3rd Tony turned it down because of something to do with the belts.

Dana said the fight was cursed and would be reluctant to make it again as something always happens.

Speaking of Ferguson I made the point the other day that from a classically trained strikers point of view he’s actually kind of terrible but it just works for him. There is no doubt his confidence in his ground game, endurance and ability to take a punch allow him to be so free and reckless and just do crazy unorthodox things but if you put him in a boxing match with say Canello, Spence or someone he’d I’d imagined be knocked out within the first round.

Hopefully he smashes Kahbib if it ever gets made again but I find the two of them a bit boring or just messy.

If I recall as well the PPV buys on Kahbib and Ferguson were terrible as neither was really a draw but maybe Kahbib’s stock has risen and there might be more outside interest.
They were scheduled 4 times. It feel apart 4 times. Twice due to Khabib and twice due to Tony. No one is ducking anyone, it's just lazy excuses.

I have no interest in Kahbib vs Connor 2 but I’d imagine if he wants it and Kahbib wants it that fight will probably happen over Tony vs Kahbib because of the money and interest it would generate.

The fight he should do is Holloway.
Yep. Connor gets what he wants unfortunately for Tony.

Andersons Dietician

Has everyone seen this? Supposedly it’s a real tweet.

Tom Cruise is like 56 or something so maybe put someone like a Jason Statham against Bieber and I’d happily pay that BT box office to watch Bieber get smacked about. Actually I’ve got it. Bieber vs CM Punk.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Has everyone seen this? Supposedly it’s a real tweet.

Tom Cruise is like 56 or something so maybe put someone like a Jason Statham against Bieber and I’d happily pay that BT box office to watch Bieber get smacked about. Actually I’ve got it. Bieber vs CM Punk.

Bieber did call out Cruise. Cruise would empty him though.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!

I'm glad they went this road. Tatiana is my favourite fighter in the division, but not ready for a title shot just yet (imo).

Last edited:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Was just watching some random stuff on youtube, and i started the "10 most WTF walkouts in MMA" video, and guess who i saw at 15 seconds :lol:

Oggmonster

I'm glad they went this road. Tatiana is my favourite fighter in the division, but not ready for a title shot just yet (imo).

Seems way to soon for Zhang as well though, I think they were a bit stuck really. Rose is injured/resting apparently, Suarez is probably slowly being built up, Ansaroff just lost, Joanna shouldn't be given another title shot after being 1-3 (0-3 in title fights in last 3) so I suppose they had to do something, will do big numbers in China as well this one probably so does make some sense from company point of view.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Khabib - Poirier live press conference:

justboy68

Zhang is good and has potential to get better, but I don't think she is ready for this title shot. It's hard to see which area of the fight she has the advantage.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Yeah. I don't think Cruise is the toughest guy out there and he's in his 50, but he would still smash Bieber.

Would watch for the lols.
Hopefully it would be Cruise showing Bieber to respect your elders. Whip him with a belt after the fight. Biber can perform his song Sorry after the fight.

Luke1995

I'm picking Rory, Lyoto, Patrick Mix, Eduardo Dantas, Dillon Danis, Horiguchi and Pico

George Owen

I guess it's already started, but in two and a half hours from now it's the end of prelims/main card. You have to see how is the broadcasting in your country (if there is one)
Apparently the event (prelims) starts in 20 minutes.

Anyway, my girlfriend is fighting tonight (Valerie Loureda), so I can't miss it.

George Owen

I'm picking Rory, Lyoto, Patrick Mix, Eduardo Dantas, Dillon Danis, Horiguchi and Pico
Not so sure about Pico and Rory. Rory is crossing some weird mental state, so not sure he is at his 100%.

And Pico is facing an 8-0 guy. If he fights smart I favour Pico, but he loves to get caught in a brawl, and against good fighters he has paid the price every time.

Luke1995

Even a faded Rory should in theory be good enough to beat Neiman IMO.

About Pico, it's possible he breaks under pressure, but it's also entirely possible he gets a flashy KO fast

Luke1995

@George Owen I have taken a look at the photo shoot yeah, blonde girls are always nice. Some people get angry at her because of Reebook sponsorship and all that stuff but she is a damn good fighter too!

Not sure if she's championship material but fair to say she earned everything she has.