The MMA thread

Luke1995

Cerrone has the tools to do what Eddie Alvarez and Poirier did to Gaethje. However, seems like Gaethje improved after that

Luke1995

I'm picking RDA to beat Edwards because it's 5 rounds. If it was 3, Edwards would be the safe pick.

Why ? Because I don't trust Edwards to take him down in all five and RDA is better on the feet.

No Love

I'm picking RDA to beat Edwards because it's 5 rounds. If it was 3, Edwards would be the safe pick.

Why ? Because I don't trust Edwards to take him down in all five and RDA is better on the feet.
I would be stunned if Edwards decided to grapple with RDA. Edwards is long, rangy, has a good perception of distance and actually fights long too. There’s an argument that he’s actually better than RDA on the feet, while RDA is clearly the more credentialed grappler.

Luke1995

I would be stunned if Edwards decided to grapple with RDA. Edwards is long, rangy, has a good perception of distance and actually fights long too. There’s an argument that he’s actually better than RDA on the feet, while RDA is clearly the more credentialed grappler.
Edwards isn't a finisher though, I feel like RDA can break him with his leg kicks and pressure and find a finish

No Love

Edwards isn't a finisher though, I feel like RDA can break him with his leg kicks and pressure and find a finish
For sure, it’s entirely possible. It’s hard to land clean on Edwards though, he’s a proponent of what is almost akin to a points-fighting style. For me, RDA’s best chances of finishing/winning this fight are on the mat. There is merit in what you outlined regarding RDA’s pressure and leg kicks, of course.

Luke1995

For sure, it’s entirely possible. It’s hard to land clean on Edwards though, he’s a proponent of what is almost akin to a points-fighting style. For me, RDA’s best chances of finishing/winning this fight are on the mat. There is merit in what you outlined regarding RDA’s pressure and leg kicks, of course.
Either way we can call this the biggest test of Edwards's career so far

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Every time watching Arlovski feels like a blast from the past. Looking good so far against Rothwell. Actually went to the Affliction event in Anaheim when they first fought back in 2008.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Never been more wrong :lol:
Boring fight....

Raoul

Admin
Staff
:lol: You would think all UFC fighters would be weary of getting knee'd in the face in the first few seconds of round one after the Masvidal fight.

Oggmonster

Edwards looks good RDA is always a tough fight albeit seems a gatekeeper at WW. Hopefully they make the Masvidal fight next there's history there and it could be a good fight

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Leon looked elite class tonight. Didn't realise he was that good. He's going to be a major problem for anyone, champ included.
Yeah I didn't think he was that good before this fight. Not sure about whether he could beat Usman or Woodley but definitely the rest of them.

Luke1995

How Edgar could win ? We are three days away and i'm struggling to create that scenario in my head. I'd say that if he performs like he did against Yair Rodriguez it still wouldn't be enough.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
How Edgar could win ? We are three days away and i'm struggling to create that scenario in my head. I'd say that if he performs like he did against Yair Rodriguez it still wouldn't be enough.
Zero chance for me.

I would like him to win though, just because it would be hilarious if Henry Cejudo challenges him and then beat the crap out of him, to become the quadruple-C.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
That might just induce mass suicide.
I love Cejudo. He's always had the credentials to be a top fighter but now he's so funny. It's cringe but entertaining. And it feels quite innocent too. Like old school WWF drama. I like his promo game as well as Askrens and McGregor up until more recently.

Luke1995

Zero chance for me.

I would like him to win though, just because it would be hilarious if Henry Cejudo challenges him and then beat the crap out of him, to become the quadruple-C.
I think if there's anyone who can win a third belt it's Cejudo. It's a whole different game up there at featherweight, but Henry might just be crazy and technical enough to pull it off. What he lacks in power he is developing at fight IQ.

If he beats Benavidez and defends sucessfully that Bantanweight belt, I wouldn't rule this thing out, but alot needs to happen first.

Luke1995

I love Cejudo. He's always had the credentials to be a top fighter but now he's so funny. It's cringe but entertaining. And it feels quite innocent too. Like old school WWF drama. I like his promo game as well as Askrens and McGregor up until more recently.
Yeah, I really like him aswell. The fact that so many people get pissed off at him because of his trash talk only makes me like him more.

Andersons Dietician

Supposedly taken the most strikes to the face in UFC history which is like 1300+ headshots and that’s only in the UFC. Imagine the shots he has probably taken in training and elsewhere.

Even worse someone makes this fight given what happened recently with Maxim Dadashev. Someone just needs to step up and tell him to stop or simply just do jits tournaments.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Good card tonight?
Just home from beind drunk...