The MMA thread

Thought it was a pretty awful card to be honest. No interesting fights on it really. Before the co main it was filled with average Canadian fighters, I can't get in to Cyborg fights due to the fact she's roided herself up that much over the years it's a ridiculous advantage. I hope Holloway moves up properly as well, I don't blame him for fighting at FW and there's nowt wrong with it it's just a bit boring going into these fights knowing he won't lose due to the size advantage.

Oh another note Rogan is getting worse and he was already awful. Referred to the Cyborg fight as 5 rounds twice before being corrected and then he thought it was 4 for some reason! Saying there was 2 rounds left when they were in second

Thought it was a pretty awful card to be honest. No interesting fights on it really. Before the co main it was filled with average Canadian fighters, I can't get in to Cyborg fights due to the fact she's roided herself up that much over the years it's a ridiculous advantage. I hope Holloway moves up properly as well, I don't blame him for fighting at FW and there's nowt wrong with it it's just a bit boring going into these fights knowing he won't lose due to the size advantage.

Oh another note Rogan is getting worse and he was already awful. Referred to the Cyborg fight as 5 rounds twice before being corrected and then he thought it was 4 for some reason! Saying there was 2 rounds left when they were in second

Rogan was insufferable last night. He's increasingly behaving like his UFC gig is an annoyance and that he'd rather be off doing his podcast or hunting.

Rogan was insufferable last night. He's increasingly behaving like his UFC gig is an annoyance and that he'd rather be off doing his podcast or hunting.

Yeah I agree.

I get that he's part of the "old school" of UFC so people like the nostalgia but I just don't think he's that good anymore. The commentary works better with a third man as well which they missed on Saturday. Not quite sure why they didn't get Cruz or Bisping on. I know DC and Felder have fights coming up so probably had more pressing issues. Seems like the whole thing was a bit of a throw away card really.

Some rumors of Aldo-McGregor II being lined up.

Some rumors of Aldo-McGregor II being lined up.
If be up for that to be honest. Aldo deserves a second shot. Though I think he'll get starched again. These Brazilians take the trash talk to heart and end up fighting emotionally.

I reckon there's more chance of him fighting Khabib again personally. Don't see why he'd take the Aldo fight, he can't top the last result realistically and Khabib is the much bigger fight, I'm guessing he somehow worms his way in to that scenario.

If be up for that to be honest. Aldo deserves a second shot. Though I think he'll get starched again. These Brazilians take the trash talk to heart and end up fighting emotionally.

So true. RDA, Aldo , Werdum....all lose their shit without too much provacation.

Not bothered about an Aldo-Conor rematch although he must be chomping at the bit to last longer than 13seconds!

I reckon there's more chance of him fighting Khabib again personally. Don't see why he'd take the Aldo fight, he can't top the last result realistically and Khabib is the much bigger fight, I'm guessing he somehow worms his way in to that scenario.

Yeah, nothing to gain from fighting Aldo again.

Don't know how I missed this but Joanna scheduled to meet Michelle Waterson later in the year. Good luck Michelle, you're going to need it.

Also JJ is with George fecking Lockhart??!!!

Don't know how I missed this but Joanna scheduled to meet Michelle Waterson later in the year. Good luck Michelle, you're going to need it.

Also JJ is with George fecking Lockhart??!!!
:lol: he's a complete buffoon. I remember him saying something like:

"Sometimes I'm having a bad day, but I don't let that hold me down. I suck today's dick and look forward to tomorrow" :lol:

Just caught the end of a One FC event that I didn't even know was on. Eddie Alvarez vs Eduard Folayang which was exciting as feck, then a brilliant Muay Thai match between a Thai and an English lad. Mighty Mouse was fighting on the card too but I missed that. Well worth a watch later for anyone that missed it. A nice appetiser for a weekend that hopefully concludes with Lawler battering Colby :drool:

EDIT: There's still one fight left, live streaming on youtube now:

Dana has done bussiness with plenty of fighters he doesn't like. Cyborg likely overplayed her hand.

It's also entirely possible he wanted to do this anyway, as he has a track record of lying and holding grudges.

She didn't want the fight with Nunes. Overestimated her cheating, drug-addled worth.

She shouldn't have been allowed to 'compete' in the first place.