The MMA thread

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Lawler getting dominated.

Andersons Dietician

As much as I hate Covington and hope Lawler lands, feck this is impressive. Mixing the strikes in to the takedowns for him is so smooth it’s unreal and it’s the pace.

Andersons Dietician

This is frustrating to watch. Lawler is clearly not the same Lawler of old.
I do feel like Cruz is right and Lawler has been trying a rope a dope because he’s just been rolling punches and blocking most of them whilst not really throwing. Hopefully he’ll go for it here.

Andersons Dietician

Man he just threw about 20 straight jabs no real power no real snap and he basically landed every one whilst Lawler dicked about. Throw some punches man.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
That was sad. The ghost of Robbie Lawler just got schooled. Fair fecks to Colby. Unlikeable outside the cage but definitely deserving of the title shot now.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Interestingly, Covington hasn't finished anyone in his last five fights. Usman should beat him imo.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
That was sad. The ghost of Robbie Lawler just got schooled. Fair fecks to Colby. Unlikeable outside the cage but definitely deserving of the title shot now.
Only because he won the "Interim", i agree (to restore some credibility). Don't make interims unless it's for a unification fight later.

But it's a shame that a victory vs RDA ( a worn out lightweigth) and an old past his prime Lawler will grant you a title shot in a division with beasts like Poniznibio (7 victories streak) or even Edwards (8 victories streak). He should fight one of those first.

but well, feck it, its the same in all divisions. At least its gonna be fun having Kamaru beating the crap out of Colby.

Name Changed

weso26
I cannot understand what Lawlor was playing at. They stood for most of round 5 and Lawlor barely threw a punch. Time to retire I think.

I'd back Usman and even Askren to beat Colby. They could easily live with his dominant wrestling. His stand up isn't up to scratch. He'd probably end up smothering Masvidal like he did RL.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I cannot understand what Lawlor was playing at. They stood for most of round 5 and Lawlor barely threw a punch. Time to retire I think.

I'd back Usman and even Askren to beat Colby. They could easily live with his dominant wrestling. His stand up isn't up to scratch. He'd probably end up smothering Masvidal like he did RL.
Well not if the fight took place in the MGM. He'd get the grand buffet to the face :lol:

RedFish

Interestingly, Covington hasn't finished anyone in his last five fights. Usman should beat him imo.
Agree with that. Covington was impressive and landed a lot of shots, but he doesn't have concussive power, and if you don't get someone out of there with that many punches landed then you're always going to be vulnerable to a KO or a decision against on the acorecards. Id fancy Usman, Woodley and Edwards to beat him.

Plus Lawler looked incredibly hesitant to pull the trigger. Like he was shell shocked or something. Weird.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Will be attending this.

Weidman v Reyes also that night.
Nice one. Saw Reyes live last year in Chile, when he KO'd Cannonier.

Hopefully you'll see the same. I like Weidman, but he is past it. I hope Reyes wins so he can fight Jones... One of the few fighters that would go in there with the age advantage, plus matching the range and size of Jones.

As for the Zabit/Kattar fight, gonna be fireworks. I can see Kattar getting the best out of the stand up exchanges, but Zabit is master of blending it all together, and his wrestling is legit. Gonna be a good one.