The MMA thread

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The way he acted like a two bit thug after the connor fight and the way his camp talked like wanna be gangstas.

Also anyone guilty of domestic abuse is by default a shite person. I didn't think that even needs to be said
That’s an absolute one off. Clearly. With Porier, Tony, Edson, anyone..
You name where he shit talked a UFC fighter.

He went for Dillon Dannis cause he was little man that thought that his BJJ was good enough to stop Khabib. He talked so much bollocks... you cannot walk away from that. Again, I keep telling you, I have a lot of experience with Caucuses people — They don’t feck about.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
That’s an absolute one off. Clearly. With Porier, Tony, Edson, anyone..
You name where he shit talked a UFC fighter.

He went for Dillon Dannis cause he was little man that thought that his BJJ was good enough to stop Khabib. He talked so much bollocks... you cannot walk away from that. Again, I keep telling you, I have a lot of experience with Caucuses people — They don’t feck about.
That's a defect not a feature.

RedFish

He might be a likable person but he's not much of a likable UFC fighter - opposite of Khabib who I think is unlikable person but a likable UFC fighter.
He's bland. He's got exceptional boxing, when he's in Gaethje form, but otherwise, he's quite unspectacular.

Can't help but admire his charitable nature, rag to riches story, but I prefer more of an edge to fighters.

Paxi

That's a defect not a feature.

I’m telling right now, caucasus people are of different breed. They’ve got different way of life. They are completely different to Russians never mind the Western world.

Rick88

I did have a lot of alcohol and of course I’m stretching but I stand by my point. Nate Diaz isn’t some sort of a natural born Demi-God. I can absolutely guarantee he’d get strung up, cardio-wise, against Usman or Woodley. I can bet my last bottom dollar on it.
I do think that the Diaz brothers have brilliant cardio. They last 5 rounds like it is nothing. You have a fair point about Nate having an issue going up against Woodley or Usman as they are terrific wrestlers. But Diaz is very good off his back so he might not try to defend the takedowns at all. Saves a lot of energy that way. Remember how Woodley refused to get into Maia's guard? Would be the same situation here and Diaz's cardio may hold up fine. The fight may also turn into a super boring contest though (for casual fans).

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
I’m telling right now, caucasus people are of different breed. They’ve got different way of life. They are completely different to Russians never mind the Western world.
That's not a good thing for them. Hopefully they grow up.

Edit: and this isn't limited to Dagestan. All that is, is another pocket of outdated medieval cultures of honor. Same exact mindset is repeated in the favelas of Rio, the rural Appalachian region, the streets of Hong Kong and its bullshit everywhere that is backwards enough to adopt this thug mindset and excuse it with some "our culture is special" bullshit.

Last edited:

Paxi

I do think that the Diaz brothers have brilliant cardio. They last 5 rounds like it is nothing. You have a fair point about Nate having an issue going up against Woodley or Usman as they are terrific wrestlers. But Diaz is very good off his back so he might not try to defend the takedowns at all. Saves a lot of energy that way. Remember how Woodley refused to get into Maia's guard? Would be the same situation here and Diaz's cardio may hold up fine. The fight may also turn into a super boring contest though (for casual fans).
You’d have to be an absolute idiot to roll with Maia. He’s as good as they come. Imagine if he wanted to kill you for 25 minutes, he’d be the fecking best figher of all time!

I did professional sports if you like. I absolutely known about conditioning that a typical person will go through. I can absolutely guarantee right now that Nate Diaz cardio is shit.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
What makes you think that Khabib is a horrible person?
I mean, where do we draw the line? Jon Jones is the fecking devil then.
Other fighters make Jon Jones look like saint though. Just look at some domestic abuse etc from trained killers essentially. Where does that place them?
Leaving aside him behaving like a prick after the McGregor fight, how about the video of him mocking the homeless guy? Or his comments about female fighters staying in the home and finishing their husbands instead? That's without getting into the rather more nuanced issue of his ties with Ramzan Kadyrov, author of actual gay purges.

Being a shit person is a broad spectrum that can encompass all of the above as well as the actions of other fighters like McGregor, Jon Jones or Anthony Johnson. Scumbags come in different forms and degrees but they are still scumbags.

Rick88

You’d have to be an absolute idiot to roll with Maia. He’s as good as they come. Imagine if he wanted to kill you for 25 minutes, he’d be the fecking best figher of all time!

I did professional sports if you like. I absolutely known about conditioning that a typical person will go through. I can absolutely guarantee right now that Nate Diaz cardio is shit.
MMA is different from professional sports. I played basketball for my university team (nowhere close to professional as you) and now I have trained in mma for about four and a half years (I am a two stripe blue belt in bjj too). Trust me, I have had my share of sports and 10k running, but nothing prepared me for what I was about to experience in the cage. Would suggest you join a fight gym yourself and see it for yourself. Trust me, you have no idea how tiring wrestling and bjj can be. Add striking to the mix and it's even more difficult. And how Diaz and a few other fighters can last 25 mins, it's nothing short of mind boggling.

Paxi

That's not a good thing for them. Hopefully they grow up.
What the hell does that even mean!
Leaving aside him behaving like a prick after the McGregor fight, how about the video of him mocking the homeless guy? Or his comments about female fighters staying in the home and finishing their husbands instead? That's without getting into the rather more nuanced issue of his ties with Ramzan Kadyrov, author of actual gay purges.

Being a shit person is a broad spectrum that can encompass all of the above as well as the actions of other fighters like McGregor Jon Jones or Anthony Johnson. Scumbags come in different forms and degrees but they are still scumbags.
I absolutely agree with you on every point, but first and foremost, it’s difficult to judge a group Muslim folk in USA.

It’s a tiny blemish on his character towards a country that is highly, highly
intolerable toward his kin. America do not even let his his own father into USA. It’s absolutely ducking absurd. When you think that Dagestani actually fought and died beside the Russians.. If I was Khabib, I’d be bitter too.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
i'll copy my edit:

All Dagestan or the region you mean is, is another pocket of outdated medieval cultures of honor. Same exact mindset is repeated in the favelas of Rio, the rural Appalachian region, the streets of Hong Kong and its bullshit everywhere that is backwards enough to adopt this thug mindset and excuse it with some "our culture is special" bullshit.

(not saying you are excusing it but khabib and his people are, just like thugs in rio, appalachia and hongkong try to excuse thug bullshit with "but our culture" whining)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Didn’t Connor dispatch him within a round on his way to Aldo. Used to think “The Diamond” was a bit of a sore loser but yeah in recent months or years he has really come across as a more likeable guy.

Kahbib has to fight Tony and I hope Ortega moves up and that Holloway gets another crack at 155.

Edit: checked TKO/ 1min 46secs of the first round.
He's a different animal now at lightweight.

Paxi

MMA is different from professional sports. I played basketball for my university team (nowhere close to professional as you) and now I have trained in mma for about four and a half years (I am a two stripe blue belt in bjj too). Trust me, I have had my share of sports and 10k running, but nothing prepared me for what I was about to experience in the cage. Would suggest you join a fight gym yourself and see it for yourself. Trust me, you have no idea how tiring wrestling and bjj can be. Add striking to the mix and it's even more difficult. And how Diaz and a few other fighters can last 25 mins, it's nothing short of mind boggling.
I’ve never been inside a cage but I think I have been put under a lot of duress. I absolutely cannot think now some fighters would cope under BUDS, SASR selection.. to whom, I must underline, anyone is open to.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Being a shit person is a broad spectrum that can encompass all of the above as well as the actions of other fighters like McGregor, Jon Jones or Anthony Johnson. Scumbags come in different forms and degrees but they are still scumbags.
I didn't see that female fighter quote but I've seen the homeless video... I swear that's not Khabib in the video? But it does sound like him behind the camera.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
The way he acted like a two bit thug after the connor fight and the way his camp talked like wanna be gangstas.

Also anyone guilty of domestic abuse is by default a shite person. I didn't think that even needs to be said
Danis and McGregor smashed glass in his team mates face and called him a terrorist.

Khabib seems very respectful

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Damien Maia is awesome, BJJ is a thing of beauty. What sports did you do Maxi?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What makes you think that Khabib is a horrible person?
I mean, where do we draw the line? Jon Jones is the fecking devil then.
Other fighters make Jon Jones look like saint though. Just look at some domestic abuse etc from trained killers essentially. Where does that place them?
I don't think he's a horrible person but he's certainly no saint either and has a lot to answer for following the Artem incident, constantly yucking it up with Kadyrov, and his behavior immediately after the Conor fight. So far all his talk about humility and donating to charities etc., he is still a work in progress in terms of living up to those ideals through his own behavior.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Was your professional sport darts or Golf?

Nate Diaz has a ridiculous output and is known for his cardio and does triathlons most weekends for fun yet you’re betting his cardio right now is terrible?

As for The Connor Kahbib scum debate. They are both scum in different ways however one is exciting to watch and the other isn’t.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Was your professional sport darts or Golf?

Nate Diaz has a ridiculous output and is known for his cardio and does triathlons most weekends for fun yet you’re betting his cardio right now is terrible?
Its like alternate universe amateur hour in here all of a sudden. Lesnar is a flyweight, DC is a welter weight and the Diaz brothers don't have great cardio.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

I absolutely agree with you on every point, but first and foremost, it’s difficult to judge a group Muslim folk in USA.

It’s a tiny blemish on his character towards a country that is highly, highly
intolerable toward his kin. America do not even let his his own father into USA. It’s absolutely ducking absurd. When you think that Dagestani actually fought and died beside the Russians.. If I was Khabib, I’d be bitter too.
Nobody gives a feck if something is acceptable in rural Dagestan. The UFC is an American organization with a largely American viewership, and who make most of their money in the US, so the framing is always going to be from an American or Western perspective.

Rick88

I’ve never been inside a cage but I think I have been put under a lot of duress. I absolutely cannot think now some fighters would cope under BUDS, SASR selection.. to whom, I must underline, anyone is open to.
Umm 99.99% of the professional fighters wont last a BUDS or SASR selection. Same way, 100 percent of the soldiers who pass the SASR or BUDS won't last in a cage against the top guys. Different skill sets. Not sure what you're trying to put across.

Andersons Dietician

Umm 99.99% of the professional fighters wont last a BUDS or SASR selection. Same way, 100 percent of the soldiers who pass the SASR or BUDS won't last in a cage against the top guys. Different skill sets. Not sure what you're trying to put across.
It has a 75% fail rate as well but I agree totally different training. 1 set trains for maximum output, power and recovery in a short period of time. The other is designed to test your mental toughness more so than just your fitness.

Dan_F

Its like alternate universe amateur hour in here all of a sudden. Lesnar is a flyweight, DC is a welter weight and the Diaz brothers don't have great cardio.
I gave up last night :houllier:

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
i'll copy my edit:

All Dagestan or the region you mean is, is another pocket of outdated medieval cultures of honor. Same exact mindset is repeated in the favelas of Rio, the rural Appalachian region, the streets of Hong Kong and its bullshit everywhere that is backwards enough to adopt this thug mindset and excuse it with some "our culture is special" bullshit.

(not saying you are excusing it but khabib and his people are, just like thugs in rio, appalachia and hongkong try to excuse thug bullshit with "but our culture" whining)
What the hell are you talking about?!

Meanwhile Conor walks around like an absolute coked up moron punching old people in bars, throwing dollys at a bus with fellow fighters in it and insulting everyone's culture, background or religion. But not a word about that from you.

So much for the "civilised west"...

I just hate people who think their part of the world is so much better than the rest.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Meanwhile Conor walks around like an absolute coked up moron punching old people in bars, throwing dollys at a bus with fellow fighters in it and insulting everyone's culture, background or religion. But not a word about that from you.

I just hate people who think their part of the world is so much better than the rest.
He said he doesn't care for Conor's antics either. Khabib is obviously more in focus at the moment since he just fought less than 24 hours ago.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I don't think he's a horrible person but he's certainly no saint either and has a lot to answer for following the Artem incident, constantly yucking it up with Kadyrov, and his behavior immediately after the Conor fight. So far all his talk about humility and donating to charities etc., he is still a work in progress in terms of living up to those ideals through his own behavior.
The Kadyrov stuff isn't so clear cut mate. My friend is from that part of the world and said if a dictator attaches himself to you, it's best you act civil with them. Don't have to be best buds but you can't antagonize them either unless you want your family and loved ones in danger.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner

"Excuse their Thug bullshit"

It was Conor who started off with the tough talk then couldn't back any of it up when shit got real. If anyone has backwards culture it's Conor who thinks it is ok to say and do anything he wants in the name of fight hype.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Ok, fair enough.

Still though, why not blame his antics on our so much better and modern western culture too then?

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
quite fun to listen to, especially you line it up with the fight in mute.

I had this as audio on my phone yesterday while ufc was on tv. But they talk so much shit that has nothing to do with the fight it's sometimes annoying.

Bravo is hilarious though. Schaub not so much.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
i'll copy my edit:

yeah, thats a load of rubbish. You seem very narrow minded and ignorant.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I had this as audio on my phone yesterday while ufc was on tv. But they talk so much shit that has nothing to do with the fight it's sometimes annoying.

Bravo is hilarious though. Schaub not so much.
Rogan needs to stop inviting Schaub back. He offers very little beyond what the others do.