The MMA thread

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Porier just looking for body shots. Wonder had he got Hooker Barboza fight in his mind.

Paxi

feck me. It’s one of the most exciting fights I’ve seen. Amazing.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I can’t score this. Both have had moments in every round, it could be anything. 2-2, 3-1 or 4-0 to either man

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
So many great fights this year. This one has to be a contender for sure

I love Poirier and how he grows as the rounds go by. Crazy to try those guillotine attempts or the armbar in the fourth round. He has crazy stamina

Paxi

That was sick. Having withdrawals now that it’s over.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
it was great but everyone so quick to say fight of the year. Just to remind you Joanna vs Zhang was this year. That was one of the greatest fights of all time and I can’t see it being topped this year

Paxi

Though I’d be happy with Porier McGregor

Paxi

it was great but everyone so quick to say fight of the year. Just to remind you Joanna vs Zhang was this year. That was one of the greatest fights of all time and I can’t see it being topped this year
That’s true. Joanna’s forehead is still giving me nightmares.

DrRodo

I dont know why i thought that was in 2019. It must be because of the crowd, that feels so antique

predator

Youth NITK
Poirier is one hell of a fighter and doesn't get enough credit if you consider his record. The lw division is scarily competitive atm. Khabib is obviously number 1 and gaethje is currently fancied to be 'that guy' that finally beats khabib but I would not be surprised to learn that it was indeed Dustin that came the closest to beating khabib, when all is said and done.

DrRodo

LW is ridiculously competitive right now

LHW on the other hand...

RedFish

Poirier is one hell of a fighter and doesn't get enough credit if you consider his record. The lw division is scarily competitive atm. Khabib is obviously number 1 and gaethje is currently fancied to be 'that guy' that finally beats khabib but I would not be surprised to learn that it was indeed Dustin that came the closest to beating khabib, when all is said and done.
Immense fighter. That mental strength he possesses allied to his power, accuracy AND volume.......

You have to be seriously tough and skilled to get the better of Poirier.

Happy with Hooker though, he's come on yet again and that fight this am was close enough in the first 3-4 rounds. His stamina was beat out of him but Hooker can hang with DP, Gaethje in the little group just behind behind Khabib.

Oggmonster

They should be placed in a special room, specially here at the Apex.
I dunno if they'd go for that it was mentioned in one of the early ones where DC was shouting and they basically shot down the idea. I don't really mind it, I doubt it makes a massive difference to them in all honesty the corners advice will take priority over anything Bisping etc say.

Good main event but the quality of fighters on the rest of the card was really poor. When terrible fighters like Gall and Perry are co main event you know you're thin on quality!!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Have to admit towards the end of round two, I thought Hooker was going to build on his momentum and probably run away with a pretty impressive UD. Fair play to Dustin for slowly reversing the ship over the final three rounds and wearing Hooker down by sheer willpower.

I have Dustin and Justin as being on an identical level at the moment, just behind Khabib. Tony is probably also on that level, but at 36, will be going into future fights at a bit of a disadvantage.

I left last night thinking Hooker and McGregor are probably on the same level and would make for a pretty good scrap.

RedFish

Have to admit towards the end of round two, I thought Hooker was going to build on his momentum and probably run away with a pretty impressive UD. Fair play to Dustin for slowly reversing the ship over the final three rounds and wearing Hooker down by sheer willpower.

I have Dustin and Justin as being on an identical level at the moment, just behind Khabib. Tony is probably also on that level, but at 36, will be going into future fights at a bit of a disadvantage.

I left last night thinking Hooker and McGregor are probably on the same level and would make for a pretty good scrap.
Snap my thoughts. Bodes well for the Hangman as he had the edge in the first rounds but didn't have the gas to maintain that ferocious pace.

He's got the tools, just needs to keep working with the boys down at City and he'll be back. He can become Champ after Khabib retires. I'm a fan.